OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 18:14 
Rubber Killer!

Hey everyone

Recently got one of these sheets, Its a black Prov H3 as you can see in the pictures below. Its been cut out for my Ishlion 157x150 but after superpriming its currently 159x153. Its brand new and unused. I basically cut it out for superpriming and thats it. All the layers of glue after priming has been removed so its ready to go.

There has been alot of crap going on about the Prov and Nat versions. I'm not going to go into this but this is what I have. My sheet is marked as Prov and the quality shows. The topsheet is more shiny and supple and the sponge is 39-40 deg (Pictures don't do it justice). Stamps mean nothing to me so I'd though I'd give a brief description.

I'm asking $25AUD with shipping included inside Australia or a trade for a new Japanese rubber.

I'm selling because I don't think I'll ever return to Chinese rubbers.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 21:52 
Super User

Where'd you get the sheet anyways? I'm planning on getting some sheets of Nittaku Hurricane 2 (whichever of the two Japanese sponge versions is softer), but this seems like it'd be quite nice too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 22:45 
Rubber Killer!

I got mine off eacheng. I never had any interest in it until I saw a friends sheet. The pictures really don't do it justice, the topsheet is extremely shiny and soft compared to the regular stuff.

I've seen a few people with the Nittaku Jap sponge H3's and they don't seem to be all that, and also for the price their asking its a bit too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 22:54 
EJ in recovery

I thought they are all the same topsheet but just different sponges no?

Tibhar CTE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 23:32 
Rubber Killer!

Not only the sponge. The topsheet and sponge do come from the same cut as all the other ones, just that its closer to the center which give it's better attributes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 05:34 
Super User

Damn, they only have Provincial H3 on Eacheng, no H2. How low is the throw on it? And what's its speed like compared to the regular Hurricanes?

Edit: I just was reading some talk about Hurricanes on another forum, and someone said that Nittaku Kyoho (Hurricane) Pro2 is basically the same as the provincial version. If that's the case, then you're probably thinking of the other H2 Nittaku makes (labeled Kyoho2 JS).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 08:34 
Rubber Killer!

The throw is the same as all H3's... which is quite high. Speed I don't know because I've never used it yet. Probably 15-20 faster than normal version at best. The pro versions from Nittaku are Provincial versions but they cost alot compared to the DHS versions floating around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 08:49 
Super User

LawOCG wrote:
The throw is the same as all H3's... which is quite high. Speed I don't know because I've never used it yet. Probably 15-20 faster than normal version at best. The pro versions from Nittaku are Provincial versions but they cost alot compared to the DHS versions floating around.

Yes, I'm not totally fond of having to pay another five bucks per sheet, but I can't find provincial H2 ANYWHERE besides in the form of the Nittaku Pro on Iruiru and Presports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 02:01 
Super User

Hobbes wrote:
LawOCG wrote:

Yes, I'm not totally fond of having to pay another five bucks per sheet, but I can't find provincial H2 ANYWHERE besides in the form of the Nittaku Pro on Iruiru and Presports.

Take a Sword King and forget all national and provinvial stuff. H2 is a joke beside that rubber . Is the nastiest animal ! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 07:37 
Super User

Sword King is totally non-tacky, though. Right? Part of why I want H2 is that it's quite tacky, good to use as a contrast to the sheet of Varites that I plan to put on the other side of a Cpen. I'll be sure to try Sword King out sometime, but I just don't have anything else that I want to get from Eacheng at the moment to justify the huge shipping costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 07:57 
Super User

Hm, now that I see Vali's other post about it actually being tacky, I'm interested in Sword King. LawOCG, I know you've tried a buncha stuff, so would you be able to compare its speed to stuff like Higher III, Varites, Sriver, and Tornado? If it's similar to Provincial H2, then I'll just go with that for the new setup I'm trying. Sorry to kinda hijack your thread here. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 09:26 
Rubber Killer!

thats ok.

I only had the HK nat sword king. Its very tacky, the sponge is quite soft at around 38# and it has a tensor feeling to it, the catapult effect is clearly noticeable. The only downside, its damn slow. Compared to HigherIII, Varites and Sriver it has no chance. I got a sheet of tornado from the dealer in the US and its also dead slow, both are the same speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 09:59 
Super User

My sheets of Tornado were kinda slow when I played with them unglued at first, but just exploded with speed once I glued them up.

And actually, it's kinda nice to hear that it's slow. I was looking for a rubber that would control very well near the table, and this sounds like a slightly better version of Higher III for that purpose. I'll be picking up a few sheets after I order the new blade from Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 10:04 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

The RG is faster than the King, similar to King but the topsheet is non-tacky. Hero is the same topsheet as the RG but has a harder sponge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 10:28 
Super User

metal monkey wrote:
The RG is faster than the King, similar to King but the topsheet is non-tacky. Hero is the same topsheet as the RG but has a harder sponge.

How soft is the sponge on RG? I'd like to try it if it's medium or softer, or if the topsheet is really grippy (or both). For 10 bucks a sheet, it seems like a damn good deal.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!