OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Scam: benworthy058
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2023, 22:34 

Hi, I tried to buy GD Talon. This dude sends me a pm saying his friend has some for sale. To make a long story short, the dude under the name of hermingsquareinc tells me he doesn’t have a PayPal account and that I should send $70 for three sheets to his wife’s PayPal. I started smelling something and googled the name. Lo and behold, this creep is on different forums selling car and bike parts and scamming people the same way he tried to scam me. Please beware!

Post subject: Re: Scam: benworthy058
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2023, 01:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
nachalnik wrote:
Hi, I tried to buy GD Talon. This dude sends me a pm saying his friend has some for sale. To make a long story short, the dude under the name of hermingsquareinc tells me he doesn’t have a PayPal account and that I should send $70 for three sheets to his wife’s PayPal. I started smelling something and googled the name. Lo and behold, this creep is on different forums selling car and bike parts and scamming people the same way he tried to scam me. Please beware!

It could be a great idea to share more information on shady members from our community here .I would not trust anybody unless they had a great amount of posts already on the forum .

Also,I would ask for further information from other forum members.Typically.the scammer is a very recent member . Glad to know you have dodged the scam trap . :)

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2023, 17:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Yes, he uses many different names and mails. He takes pictures from other internet shops and says he has the items, but if you ask for a more detailed picture or with his hand holding the bat there will be none (or he asks for shipping adress).

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2023, 19:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmm interesing. I've actually got a pair of sheets of Giant Dragon Talon OX - I think it's the National Version. At the beginning of COVID I was asked by someone in Spain to buy a pair of sheets for him off Shopee, so I did, but in the end there was no way to ship it to him because all the flights between here and Europe were stopped, and the post office was using these flights to send stuff to Europe. Anyhow this dragged on for a couple years, now he won't answer my messages any more, and I've still got the sheets. If anyone's interested they are available, I'll have to unpack them to see what exactly I have. Shipping overseas is pretty expensive, though. Is GD Talon OX that hard to get?

Iskandar