OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 03:19 
Super User

I ordered the rubber on Thursday from Fast Paddle in Colorado shipping USPS 1st class shipping from Colorado USA arriving to Me In Cincinnati OH USA on Monday morning, obviously Fast Paddle is exemplary in their order processing and shipping complete with hand written thank you note.Wow, that is beyond excellent customer service! The rubber was wrapped in bubble wrap anmd in a commercial shipping envelope.This is great care for the product I just bought!

I take the 563 Off and it comes off perfectly should I want to remount it at some point-YAY! I sand the old pro Alfa to remove any residue and apply the stick'em, my choice-I like Butterfly Chack.

The DHS C& F 3-mounts easily-it is black 1.0 millimeter opposite my 2.0 729 Judo (red). I use a rolling pin-as my wife questions me if I am using one of her rolling pins on my ping pong stuff-ooops. The DHS does not want to "roll up" too badly.

I do my standard spin test which consists of spinning the ball a stopped ball into the air. In spite of its speed it is quite contollable on the Alfa. It is not quite as spinny as FL3 (which is 1.3 sponge also black) and much more than 837 which to me is almost LP anti. It is a little springy and the pips look to me wider spaced than Feint Long 3. Continueing the spin is easily done while reversing or stopping the spin results in a little wobble....hmmm this bodes something in the future. Pick hitting should be extremely nasty with this rubber! :devil: My main concern will it chop? My hunch oh yes it will very nicely-maybe not what Feint Long 3 or TSP P4 will give, BUT more than enough will have to go to the table!

I am already pleased with the lightness and thinness of the paddle in whole. I will try to do a picture later.

To the Table...(comming soon) :D

Ian

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 05:44 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
It chops marvelous on a Joo Se hyuk blade. I've played with it for 2,5 years. It's totally different than the Feint III.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 05:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victas VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
This is making me curious, but I seem to recall trashing my barely-used sheet of red C&F3 due to broken pips. :(

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2013, 20:56 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I like C&F3.. Really good rubber.. Fairly low trajectory and good control.. The only thing about it is that it does not bother opponents as much as softer long pips rubbers. C&F3 is about medium hardness.. Still, a very good rubber but not deceptive enough for me.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 08:14 
Super User

I finally get a chance to play with the DHS C & F 3

For me the DHS C&F3 has a good amount of control not what the FL3 has, but the C&F is mounted on a Alfa Pro which is a lot fast than the FL3 on the GD Kris. The FL3 has more control and is a little spinier on chops and pushes.

For me the Cloud and Fog 3 really shines when I block and hit with it. it is very springy and quite fast for a long pip, Pick hits are deadly fast, at first I put every one in the bottom of the net, but I finally open up my paddle and they start flying in, low, hard, and dead. Balls even below the net height can be rolled/hit with conviction. I usually attack underspin or light top spin, loop dirves are punched blocked and that's where the weirdness for me comes in. I can read the label as it rapidly knuckles through the air.

My hunch is that like Feint Long 3 or Curl PR-1 this rubber probably works better for people coming from an inverted back ground rather then one starting with long pips. Yes you can hold your paddle out and it may do some strange things but you need fine control probably learned through using inverted or the ball may fly.

Chopping yields a lot of good heavy underspin chops. The pro Alsa is a much better attacking rig than the GD Kris but will not chop away from the table like the Def side of the Kris and FL3. There are always trade offs.

Ian

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2013, 01:26 
Super User

I found a very useful stroke with this rubber on my backhand-I tilt the blade so the head of the paddle is almost face down, then ue a lopping motion-this gives a quick hard hit ball with a low trajectory that works well on topspin and side spin serves.
I hit this ball down my opponents forehand line for a winner either completely by him or he dumps the ball into the net. :devil:

Has anyone else used this stroke?

Ian

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2013, 05:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ian demagi wrote:
I found a very useful stroke with this rubber on my backhand-I tilt the blade so the head of the paddle is almost face down, then ue a lopping motion-this gives a quick hard hit ball with a low trajectory that works well on topspin and side spin serves.
I hit this ball down my opponents forehand line for a winner either completely by him or he dumps the ball into the net. :devil:

Has anyone else used this stroke?

Ian

I've used the C&F III a couple of years before switching to the DTecs. I remeber using this move in the warmup sessions against one of my teammates. The resulting ball is like the one you describe.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2013, 05:45 
Super User

Pushing with Cloud and Fog 3 it is very easy to vary your push from heavily to light to no spin. Same thing for chops.Against modest topspin it is very easy to roll and lift the ball, on a loop you would want to chop it anyway. This could come in very handy against loopers who like to loop then dump or push. I find with C & F3 if they do that, they better make a pretty good shot, or I can pick hit it away for a winner. My problem it is so grippy that I am dumping a good many of them into the net.
With 837, I was able to hit balls away pretty well, but I could only do that on the right ball which were few (high spinny push), I dont hit with FL3 its just too slow. C & F 3 gives more opportunities, but I can see why someone who was not coming from an inverted background might have problems returning serves or slow spinny loops.

Ian

Last edited by ian demagi on 05 Nov 2013, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 13:35 

Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 23:57 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I tried some black cloud and fog 0x recently, and it plays pretty well. Not as much spin reversal as Dtecs, but a good bit. Deception not as much either, but pretty good. It does a beautiful sideswipe that I've never been able to get to work with the Dtecs. Its not as crisp at attacking compared to Dtecs, but I think that could be learned. Chops worked very well, but when pushing I needed to lift more or go into the net. Blocks worked well, also.

The cloud and fog is good enough that I've left it on the backup blade, and can win matches against the 1600 people with it. I may switch to it when my Dtecs sheets are shot. To be honest, the Dtecs sheets are almost new but so fragile that they are already questionable for tournament play due to missing pips at the top edge from nicking the table.

I'd need to figure out that attacking problem to use it normally. I'm afraid it might need a harder top ply than the Dtecs to hit well due to the backing thickness.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 22:24 
Super User

I just won a match yesterday with a pick hit from C&F3, It was low, crisp, and hard. As you said side swipe was excellent and so was chop away from the table. my aggressive opponent was dumbfounded when at 10-9 he send me a light push about an inch under net height and I cracked it in for the win. I had blown 2 sitters off the end of the table before-they were well above net height. I need more practice!

It still does not have the touch of Feint Long 3

Ian

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 00:43 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ian demagi wrote:
It still does not have the touch of Feint Long 3

Ian

And it never will because the C&FIII is a very fast pip in comparison with the FIII. It requires a different touch and approach.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 13:19 
Super User

LOL-right you are! :)

Ian