OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 03:49 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
I just found out that the OP's desired "deception" is the ability to produce weird, funky, wobbly shots with lots of sink; according to the countless amounts of info I've read up during my time as a member, I'm fairly certain Dtecs is supposed to be a prominent choice? I also think that the OP is looking for a rubber that's more durable too. What do you all say?

I think my last post is still completely applicable. Whatever the OP's criteria for "deception" is...the truth is that it's more about what his opponents think is deceptive. That being said, most people find Dtecs to be plenty deceptive and a prominent choice.

Understand that for most of the population that Dtecs will be considered very deceptive, it wont be for everyone.

You'll get the usually choice of "everything" in suggested LPs that do what you described. Lately it's Dornenglanz, Dtecs, Viper, Talon, Talent is the short list. There are some new Der Materialspezialist LPs that I have heard plenty about as well.

But in the end...as we all eventually discover...none of them make that much of a difference in your effectiveness. For me, P-1R and DG are the 2 that I am most effective with...but largely because it's what I'm most familiar with.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 06:10 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Another vote for dtech. ;)

Still, if you are not playing competitively,

Try all with ~0.5 mm sponge,

Dr. Neubauer SUPER BLOCK, true frictionless long pips, and,

Friendship/729 Dr. Evil, sp, and quite spinny for pips, and,

Dr. Neubauer Scalpel, got the reputation as more deceptive to its user than the opponent here. :P

To find what kind of "disturbing" you are looking for.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 07:38 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Warning: this is a general point not particular to long pips.

Every rubber has pluses and minuses. The more spin that a rubber allows you to put on the ball, the more that it is affected by incoming spin.

Conversely, a rubber that allows a lot of spin continuation means that you probably can't use it to put a lot of spin on the ball. Your service receive will be "easier" in some sense as it will be less affected by incoming spin, while your service will be relatively spinless.

There is an old saying, "If you live by the sword, you die by the sword", which to me sums this up.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 13:23 

I keep coming back to Dornenglanz. It seems to have the right combination of properties. Properly executed push block against the no-spin ball will wobble. At this point I'm using only red ones as they seem to be a little more durable...

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 08:01 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
nachalnik wrote:
I keep coming back to Dornenglanz. It seems to have the right combination of properties. Properly executed push block against the no-spin ball will wobble. At this point I'm using only red ones as they seem to be a little more durable...

Me too. The hard bump vs under is deadly with it. Seems to have just the right amount of slip and grip for my game. For more chopping I prefer P-1R so I don't have to rely on donated spin from my opponent as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 10:13 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I split my playing time between Dtecs and Dornenglanz (both OX) in the last month or so, for no particular reason. I think it's a bit easier to 'confuse' people with Dtecs, especially on balls that end up high and tempting. I thought DG was better for keeping chops low, but both had plenty of backspin.

I probably can do reasonably well with both :)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 12:32 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"Tingle95" I alternate between the Dornenglanz OX & Dr N Viper OX which are more similar but different which I find is more confusing for my opponents. :clap: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 23:11 

Blade: VKM
FH: T05 1,7
BH: Feint Long III 1,1
Another option could be MLP. The last weeks I have been trying Dr Neubauer Aggressor with good results. It behaves like LP when pushing softly bit you create your own spin when pushing firmly. You have a wide range of speed at disposal when blocking, driving or hitting. Loop is possible but lacks spin. Even chop-block works, again the amount of spin created depends on firmness of ball contact.

You get nothing for free, you have to work for it. Some would not consider this as confusing. But believe me, it is. Different from DTecs and alike, a lot of its effect comes from speed variations.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

T05 1,7/VS>402 DE 1,8/Acuda P2 1,8 - VKM/JSH/Defplay - Curl P4 0,5/Curl P1R 1,1/Superwall 0,5/Feint Long III 1,1

Post subject: Re: Searching the most
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 14:06 

BeGo wrote:
Another vote for dtech. ;)

Still, if you are not playing competitively,

Try all with ~0.5 mm sponge,

I like the Dtecs 0.5mm, it enable me to counter-attack the fast-spin serve from the opponent rightway.
Dtecs ox has a hard time adsorbing opponent's strong serve and counter attack, it can only chop defensively.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 15:08 

I was a big fan of D Tecs until I got onto Viper in the past year. More control, with seemingly as much deception. I like DG, too, but haven't tried it on my main blade.

USATT- 1832

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 20:46 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Sometimes I wonder why some people play like this to have "the most disturbing effect" rubber...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 14:06 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Tingle95 wrote:
I played the Dtecs for a long time on NSD but i dont found it that disturbing and very hard to control.

My opponents said it got good reversal but flying very normal( not really falling down etc. ). When I played with Dornenglanz they said it was more disturbing for them. I dont understand why everyone is loving the Dtecs, maybe i should give it a second try.

I allready ordered a Talon, maybe that will work. I could not control the Snowflake, allready played it, dont know but it doesnt work at all.

I think the trouble is that 'disturbing' is not a word that's clearly defined.

I think that especially in the lower grades, 'disturbing' has a lot to do with spin reversal, as the opponents don't fully understand spin reversal and what to do against it, and as a result balls bounce & curve in unexpected ways, which is obviously disturbing. :lol:

For me, it refers more to unpredictable changes on pace and spin, ie random effects, which I find to occur a lot more in the soft & springy long pimple, like the Dtecs and also the others that TraditionalTradesman mentioned.

played to a guy using feint long 2 that looked old but it was disturbing more than players with curlp1 i played to in the past i wonder if the feing long was treated because that nasty flying behaviour only happens wit low friction or could be because the venue was cold and tad windy?

afaik feint long 2 is not tricky just normal returns

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!