OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2018, 23:34 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Roy wrote:
Soba wrote:
Hi,
I get .5 black from my friend and now tried it with Dr Neub Matador. I felt quite good but it wasnt easy to play. Flat hits went over and no spin or light topspins were not easy to handle. Is there anyone who is playing with this .5 in that kind of blade or similar?

Soba

Do you normally play with Keiler? For my experience you can only hit against underspin with Dtecs 0.5 and even then it works better with limited force. I have played Dtecs 0.5 with Firewall+ also and it's even faster than Matador. Playing with it is ok or good, but of course it's fast combination and it has it's limitations. Light topspins should be easy to handle, but you have to take ball of the bounce. I think Dtecs 0.5 is good against no spin, no problem at all.

Yes I have played wirh Keiler. I tried similar flat hits with this Dtecs and I noticed its not for this rubber. I changed my style little bit and this Dtechs started to work well. I have to remember not hitting so hard with this pimple. Just placement and variations of spin. No spin balls should not try to hit hard. I have now played 3 sessions with it and it feels better every time.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 01:44 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Urgent. If I put 0.5mm of sponge under Grass DTecS will it help or hinder my fast pushing, flicking and driving as opposed to ox. Need to order soon!
Bulldog

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 06:12 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Bulldog wrote:
Urgent. If I put 0.5mm of sponge under Grass DTecS will it help or hinder my fast pushing, flicking and driving as opposed to ox. Need to order soon!
Bulldog

I am happy with Dtecs 0.5. I think the sponge (1) gives bit more dwell, so the control is better than ox and (2) with sponge you can play "open blade shots" instead of allways using vertical blade. But, every pip player have their own style, so I can't guarantee that it will work for you as well.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 06:27 
Super User

Cheers Roy, I am going to give it a try as I will by the end of next week have 2 virtually identical set ups with ox. This is a bit of an experiment as I have been endeavouring to attack a bit more with the pips. I did use 1.2mm when I first started off with DTecS but found that difficult to control at the table when blocking. That was seven or eight years ago!
Bulldog

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 15:26 
Super User

I have played one session with DTecS red 0.5 now and did so on the backhand of my new Black and White blade. I was able to lift backspin and play my aggressive cut shots more easily. Too early to say whether I will stick with them long term.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 04:41 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
I have played one session with DTecS red 0.5 now and did so on the backhand of my new Black and White blade. I was able to lift backspin and play my aggressive cut shots more easily. Too early to say whether I will stick with them long term.

Let me know, how it works out for you. :up:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 01:05 
Super User

First competitive outing last night. Completely new set up and lost one to a flat hitter who surprised us all. I will go back and chop to her next time!
Blocked really well with the pips and service return very disruptive against top and side and back and side. Opponents commented on wobble and I got plenty of pop ups to put away in my other two matches which I won in five mainly because of the Grass.
Encouraging start with sponge under the pip for the first time in ten years or so!

Bulldog

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 14:20 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
First competitive outing last night. Completely new set up and lost one to a flat hitter who surprised us all. I will go back and chop to her next time!
Blocked really well with the pips and service return very disruptive against top and side and back and side. Opponents commented on wobble and I got plenty of pop ups to put away in my other two matches which I won in five mainly because of the Grass.
Encouraging start with sponge under the pip for the first time in ten years or so!
Bulldog

Nice to hear! :) I have tested Dtecs 0.5 on different blades and for me it works better with slower blades and as you said, it is very good for blocking as the balls don't pop up.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!