OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 13:22


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Author Message
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 20:46 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 19:53
Posts: 44
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Blade: Ross Leidy Sotto Voce
FH: Donic Barracuda 2.0mm
BH: S&T Schmerz OX
cgiampiero wrote:
Rob M wrote:
[email protected] is slow and has low grip.
388D-1 is slow with medium grip.
Stachelfeuer is slow with medium to high grip.
Feint 3 is slow and has high grip.

Easy P is slighty faster and grippyier then 388d-1.

As mentioned previously low grip pips have better control with serve receive and passive blocking, whereas high grip pips have better control with hitting and chopping. There are always compromises.

All Ox Long pips are also highly blade dependent.


fantastic classification!
are you talking always about 0X, correct?



Yes Im referring to Ox pips.

If you're new to pips I probably advise a pip with higher grip as its easy to transition from inverted.
In comparison feint 3 has significantly higher grip then [email protected]
Feint 3 is a really easy pip to learn with but slightly more expensive.
But ultimately it really depends upon your style of play and blade.
Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 00:16 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:08
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: DR Neubauer Barricade
FH: Acuda
BH: Easy P
Rob M wrote:
cgiampiero wrote:
Rob M wrote:
[email protected] is slow and has low grip.
388D-1 is slow with medium grip.
Stachelfeuer is slow with medium to high grip.
Feint 3 is slow and has high grip.

Easy P is slighty faster and grippyier then 388d-1.

As mentioned previously low grip pips have better control with serve receive and passive blocking, whereas high grip pips have better control with hitting and chopping. There are always compromises.

All Ox Long pips are also highly blade dependent.


fantastic classification!
are you talking always about 0X, correct?



Yes Im referring to Ox pips.

If you're new to pips I probably advise a pip with higher grip as its easy to transition from inverted.
In comparison feint 3 has significantly higher grip then [email protected]
Feint 3 is a really easy pip to learn with but slightly more expensive.
But ultimately it really depends upon your style of play and blade.
Good luck.


thank you.
I'm not new to pips, so I prefer slowness, control and lowest grip: I'm seaching the best rubber with this aspects.
I have a Barrricade and I have just bought a TSP BALSA BLACK 3.0...
I like block with backhand, and try to attack immediately with the forehand...
I have a problem with the receiving the services...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 04:38 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 06:17
Posts: 927
Location: Yorkshire
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 51 times
Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.7boosted
BH: 388d ox
388d ox works well on Black Balsa 3,blocking with reversal and chopping,not the slowest lp but the blade is uber slow anyway.I tried Tibhar Grass def original and that was slower than everything but more spin sensitive. With Stachelfeur ox had problems with ball slip when chopping against strong topspins,less spin reversal and wobble than 388d when blocking.
I think Black Balsa 3 works well with thin sponged lp's and the chopping control is incredible

_________________
Modified Yin-He T2 Tenergy 05 fx 1.9/388d ox


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 05:34 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
for control, millital and pimpemini are very good. They are medium pips Good chop, slow. millital has more reversal. Pimplemini is slow with ton of control.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 18:17 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:08
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: DR Neubauer Barricade
FH: Acuda
BH: Easy P
maddrag wrote:
for control, millital and pimpemini are very good. They are medium pips Good chop, slow. millital has more reversal. Pimplemini is slow with ton of control.


Thanks , but i'm interested only in long 0x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 01:03 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 605
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
martinspin wrote:
thanks for the info ;)


What about durability of LSD Hellfire superwall desperado2?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 02:06 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 605
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
martinspin wrote:
DER MATERIALSPEZIALIST Predator OX (LONG)


Is there info about the measures of short pips? Distance height toosheet thickness?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2018, 02:16 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 605
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
maddrag wrote:
Martin,

Please comment on my thoughts on the change of the ball: ( heavier ball, less spin, higher bounce on the table)

I understand about the lost of spin on the ball so less spin produced from our pimples. We have to think also that the opponnant inverted rubbers produce also less spin to maybe compensate the difficulties to return chops from pimples.

Also as the ball is little bit heavier it mean it will go more into the blade ( for OX) or into the sponge so the role of the sponge will come more into play. The sponge will act more as an inverted rubber. A little bit more spring, reaction to opponnant spin.

The pips itself will be also more bent under more weight of the ball. So thin and very flexible pips will lose maybe their properties as they will have less conter force to send the ball back. Maybe the bigger pimples or shorter ones will now react more and give more spin

So in a summary, until the companies create new pimples to go with the new balll, do we have to go toward the more rigid pimples that will now have more bending and will have more effect on the ball ?

The sponge reacting more, are we going toward harder sponge to reduce the reaction of the ball on the sponge ?

What else can we deduct from the change of the ball ?



Does apply the same logic with short pips? Feels like there arent many short pips experts out there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 22:50 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
physics apply to everything. Force and counter force. Long smooth pips just bent more against bigger and heavier ball and hit the sponge or blade more easily. So the reversal is not as strong as before. Short pips have usually bigger pips and are stronger than LP. They react less to the change of the new ball. Still it does. In fact it help the short pips to attack easier as the spin of the ball coming is less and the rebound of the ball is higher on the table so it is easier to hit a flat hit with the short pips.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 23:02 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 605
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
maddrag wrote:
physics apply to everything. Force and counter force. Long smooth pips just bent more against bigger and heavier ball and hit the sponge or blade more easily. So the reversal is not as strong as before. Short pips have usually bigger pips and are stronger than LP. They react less to the change of the new ball. Still it does. In fact it help the short pips to attack easier as the spin of the ball coming is less and the rebound of the ball is higher on the table so it is easier to hit a flat hit with the short pips.


Why some short pips have still good reversal with ABS and some not?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 23:20 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
the properties of each rubber is different so reversal result is different. The component of an equipment are the blade, the sponge and the pips. This is zillion of possibilities. Hard blade usually help on the reversal has it is not reacting to the spin. The ball just bounce back without entering the blade. The sponge is the hardness make a better reversal. Less tick also have better reversal as the ball doesn't entered the sponge that much. For the pips itself, less rigged, slick pips, softer pips, longer one doesn't resist to the incoming ball. So you have to imagine that a feather can't stop a train, a wall a bit and a mountain yes.

So you have to take the properties of each component. If you want give a name of rubber and i will be able to tell you the general behavior of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: