OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 06:46 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

Here's my opinion ont the LP I'm currently using

Setup:
blade: Three Ball Allplayer (European shop brand), plays like BTY grubba all
FH: Tackiness C 1.3
BH; Feint soft 0.6

First of all, though this setup looks like I'm a classical defender, I'm not. I play close to the table controlled attack with this, following the advice of my club's only 'serious' LP player: 'play actively with this, it won't win points by itself!' He was very much right (although there are no LP that play by themselves...).
This rubber is VERSATILE, it can do about anything you want. (during the warm-up, I astound my opponents by just giving flat no spin balls on any of their shots). The pips are very soft (they bend easily) and grippy.

Stronger points:
-Attacking underspin balls: very easy, controllable yet fast
-attacking top spin/no spin balls: EASY, what the opponent doesn't expect from your LP
-choppin underspin balls: easy, some underspin possible
-chopping loops and flat hits: easy controllable, although not that much spin reversal
-versatility allow you to dominate the rally and force errors from the opponent

Weaker points:
-low spin reversal
-blocking topspin balls: controllable, but not spinny/deceptive, so easy pickings for a good hitter/loop killer (you can avoid this by practice on placement and keeping it low)
-chop and float is hard, because it's hard to put much backspin on your chops

I would recommend it for close to the table play, and for players who want their LP to be able to do anything they want (even somewhat of a loop from mid-distance). You will have to put a lot of effort in if you're used to say a Super Block, because it will require a lot more 'active' strokes. If you're a pure defender (mid-long range chopper), there are way better LP's for your style.

Jasper

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 08:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot for that great review Jasper!

Would you consider it to be a fast LP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 09:47 
Rubber Killer!

I always thought Feint Soft was a medium pip

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 17:15 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

at haggisv: fast is always relative. It takes a whole lot of arm power to get the same speed as an inverted rubber, and hitting with my DHS C8 (OX) was a lot faster than this, but it's fast enough to put away the ball and to force errors from the opponent (when attacking consistently, I get the speed of a controlled loop)

at LawOCG: the pips look shorter than my DHS C8 , but playing with it kinda 'feels' like LP. Haven't got through to measuring them (and that kind of 'ratio' thingy for pips), and I probably never will (how can you do this accurately?).
This is what BTY marketing says on their site:
FEINT-SOFT is a "standard" long pimpled rubber that is outstanding for chopping against topspin drives. The long pips send your opponent's spin back to him/her. Usually used in combination with a high spin inverted rubber to force errors from the opponent. The easiest of the long pipped rubbers to control. This is just marketing for all kinds of LP, doesn't seem to fit Feint-soft though...
I'd say feint soft is a LP, but not using the maximum height, as to gain more control in most shots.

Jasper

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject: Feint Soft
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 07:01 
Super User

I have tried Feint Soft and agree with the points made. Feint Soft, very much like the Feint II, are good for attacking at the table and chopping is quite easy and stable but the heavy chop is virtually non-existent and are easily attacked. Feint III has much heavier chop vs loop but close to the table is mediocre at best.

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 10:47 

Iv used this rubber for a long while now. Iv also reviewed this rubber on this forum as well. and the review is spot on. Great all around LP rubber. not fantastic at any one thing. I use it in 1.5 and attack and distance chop and it works very well.

Im now considering the feint AG.

feint II is only good for pick hitting and active blocking (I hate it) and dont think for a minute that joo ever really used this. When JOO signed with with butterfly they all thought thats the rubber he would use but he used feint III (a TSP p1r alpha rip off) interchangeable with his old TSP rubber.

feint III is great for the distance chop! but thats about it. (PS, the globe 979 + CF III is very similar and 1/4 the price)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2007, 01:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Richard McAfee posted some thoughts on Feint AG at the About.com forum so that might help you decide if it will work for you.

He said it was pretty fast as it uses the High Tension technology: http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.asp ... abletennis

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2007, 01:15 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

good post Andrew.

I've heard a number of good things about Feint AG. It might be that this time BTY has come out with a rubber that is amongst the best.

Generally the Feint rubbers are poorer versions of other rubbers. C&FIII is supposed to be a 'copy' of Feint III but I'd sooner player C&FIII any day, its a good all round rubber. IMO Feint III is such a one dimensional rubber its not worth it and really I think Joo Se Hyak still plays with TSP.

However although Feint II and Feint III are not favourites Feint soft and AG look ok.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2007, 01:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I never liked to feint, I prefer to just score the point. Maybe that's why I like short pips better than long. Sounds interesting though. Aren't there some other tensor pips by Joola/Andro/Tibhar?

-- Andrew

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 20:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Feint Soft in the skilled hands. Be alert !!

PostPosted: 05 May 2019, 10:57 

I got Feint Soft in 1.5 mm to try to imitate He Zhoujia's style and I cannot believe how she can play so actively with this rubber. It is so slow it makes me tired just thinking about it. Maybe she relies on her opponents power to return the balls fast or she's just really fit, or she has some special sauce Chinese team thicker sponge but I have not read about anyone else being able to replicate her style of play with the 1.5mm Feint Soft. The 2.0 mm 563 medium pips is much more my speed I think.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 03:20 
Super User

Some North Korean choppers: Jan Song Man and Kim Song I, both 1.5 mm. Feint-soft users.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2020, 06:52 

Blade: Victas koji matsushita
FH: Stiga DNA H
BH: Feint Long 3
Im just curious of the differences between feint long 2 and feint soft, kind of like more specific. For example: control in chopping and spin sensitivity. Thanks :)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2020, 07:35 
Super User

with sponge F2 feels harder than F-S. Without sponge I don't know.
F2 has bigger aspect ratio. It's ''easier'' to play with Feint-Soft than F2.
TSP P3alpha R is similar to F-S.
F2 is closer to TSP Curl P1.
F2 is more ''deceptive''. If you don't have enough experience, it may seem that your opponents make more mistakes against F2 than Feint-Soft...and you also make more mistakes with F2 than F-S.
F-S can turn a very good allround and deceptive weapon in the hands of a experienced chopper, because of control, versatility and spin manupilation ability ( 1.5 mm. sponge is a must for that).
However, it's best to play with both F2 and F-S and to discover which one is the one for you.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2020, 07:25 

Blade: Victas koji matsushita
FH: Stiga DNA H
BH: Feint Long 3
deva sarjan wrote:
with sponge F2 feels harder than F-S. Without sponge I don't know.
F2 has bigger aspect ratio. It's ''easier'' to play with Feint-Soft than F2.
TSP P3alpha R is similar to F-S.
F2 is closer to TSP Curl P1.
F2 is more ''deceptive''. If you don't have enough experience, it may seem that your opponents make more mistakes against F2 than Feint-Soft...and you also make more mistakes with F2 than F-S.
F-S can turn a very good allround and deceptive weapon in the hands of a experienced chopper, because of control, versatility and spin manupilation ability ( 1.5 mm. sponge is a must for that).
However, it's best to play with both F2 and F-S and to discover which one is the one for you.

Thanks a lot :up: