OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 16:06 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
Can someone compare the Troublemaker to Curl P4? Reading the topic I seem to find a lot of similarities between the two (in OX, don't think they will be comparable with sponges).

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 19:30 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 21:19 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
On the blurb in the video, it's written as Yinhe Trouble Maker

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 04:46 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
I had a chance of a first test with Troublemaker as well on my regular blade (Alser Allround5) . I usually play frictionless anti on backhand, currently Dr. N ABS2 2.5mm, and have only played anti the past few years without testing any pips. Interestingly, I was able to play with TM right away with very good control and only minor bat angle adjustments. It's faster than ABS2 2.5 but that wasn't really a surprise but it's still pretty slow so i didn't have any problems with the speed. I did have problems with the speed of the Palio CK513 a week before as comparison. Attacking with TM was easier as with anti and had more pop too. In particular lifting due to the grip was very easy. Chop blocking against slow and medium pace loops was also easy to control with good reversal. I'm by no means a chop block expert (you don't do that with frictionless anti!) so I was pleasantly surprised here. Against hard loops or fast drives I could not block with the TM, neither chop block nor passive block. This is much easier for me with the slow and dampening ABS2. Maybe my technique with the TM was not right here?
Overall I really enjoyed my little test with the TM and I'm planning to give it a more thorough look probably after our next tournament mid May. I think it could be a good alternative to frictionless antis with the ABS ball for a more aggressive game.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 08:00 

I had decided to end the EJing, and I’ve been on the Curl P1r 1mm for a year plus now. But this thread hooked me in. So I bought TM OX to try - JSH blade. Played a match right out of the packet Tuesday and then 3hr training session tonight. Mix of opponents including a good defender and two very good international juniors - both attacking loopers.

The TM is a decent rubber. I’d say it’s best quality is its braking effect on block, which is very similar to the DrN FLPs of the past (a technical achievement in itself, even if it’s taken 10yrs or so). It’s also easy to flick, hit and drive with. Attack by lifting incoming back spin was reasonable, but not great. There was mild ‘funk’ when some side spin came into play. Chop block was very good.

Serving was ok, got some nice skiddy balls going. You can also do the chop serve that comes out as float. Receiving serve was easy, as was placement. Chopping was generally safe, easy to get the ball back on the table.

So it’s got a lot going for it.

Downsides would be... there’s no virtually reversal on the block. So yes, you can block short but that doesn’t present a problem for a good attacker. You can’t really create much against a non-spin ball, so you need sponge for that. But I suspect that will reduce some of the other benefits. Also, I’d say the rubber takes spin off a lot of the time, which isn’t good, because you can’t then reuse it. So generally gives too many float / low spin balls.

The biggest disappointment for me would be on chopping away from the table. It definitely doesn’t build up the spin. So again the ball just keeps coming. Also, I couldn’t seem to change the spin by changing the contact point from behind the ball to under the ball like you can with with Curl and DTecs.

I played DTecs OX for quite a few years and I’d say the TM is decent but nowhere near as good for an all round game. For those who stand at the table and basically play the block shot over and over then this might be for you. But expect to be found out as the standard of opponent rises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Classic than Modern Defender

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 15:13 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Konkrete wrote:
So I bought TM OX to try - JSH blade. Played a match right out of the packet Tuesday and then 3hr training session tonight. Mix of opponents including a good defender and two very good international juniors - both attacking loopers.

The TM is a decent rubber. I’d say it’s best quality is its braking effect on block, which is very similar to the DrN FLPs of the past (a technical achievement in itself, even if it’s taken 10yrs or so). It’s also easy to flick, hit and drive with. Attack by lifting incoming back spin was reasonable, but not great. There was mild ‘funk’ when some side spin came into play. Chop block was very good.

Serving was ok, got some nice skiddy balls going. You can also do the chop serve that comes out as float. Receiving serve was easy, as was placement. Chopping was generally safe, easy to get the ball back on the table.

So it’s got a lot going for it.

Downsides would be... there’s no virtually reversal on the block. So yes, you can block short but that doesn’t present a problem for a good attacker. You can’t really create much against a non-spin ball, so you need sponge for that. But I suspect that will reduce some of the other benefits. Also, I’d say the rubber takes spin off a lot of the time, which isn’t good, because you can’t then reuse it. So generally gives too many float / low spin balls.

The biggest disappointment for me would be on chopping away from the table. It definitely doesn’t build up the spin. So again the ball just keeps coming. Also, I couldn’t seem to change the spin by changing the contact point from behind the ball to under the ball like you can with with Curl and DTecs.

I played DTecs OX for quite a few years and I’d say the TM is decent but nowhere near as good for an all round game. For those who stand at the table and basically play the block shot over and over then this might be for you. But expect to be found out as the standard of opponent rises.

I agree with most of your findings. :up: Yes, the spin don't change much in chopping, but that's the downside of slippier pips. And I have found - so far - that TM gives opponents problems in chops, and the important thing is to get the chop to the table. And yes, you are forced to give no-spin balls many times - you just have to look for other things to make things difficult for the opponent. JHS is also special blade, for me it's too fast in table play with Dtecs.

My conclusion compared to Dtecs is different from you (so far). TM is is more secure than Dtecs ant it gives more points. Especially the active options work very well.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 21:45 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
Thats why i really curious about the 0.6mm version. Because i need more backspin when i chop far from the table but also very important the chop-block close from the table.

So maybe little sponge not problem for close to the table play but help little bit the far chop play.

The test come soon so after we know more :)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 22:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
In addition to OX, I gave the Troublemaker a try in 1.0 mm sponge version. I play mostly at the table, and still found it very controllable with only a little reduction in spin reversal and a little faster, but not too fast to control well and still much slower than DtecS in similar sponge. I don't really chop unless forced to, so I can't speak to that aspect, but I can say that having some sponge on there, it still plays well.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 09:29 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
I had a brief first session using TM 0.6 on my Chen weixing blade. I put this onto the backhand and had Xiom Vega Asia DF in 2.3(max) on the forehand.
Previously I have played with this blade, with the same forehand rubber, with Grass Dtec 0.5 and TM in ox.
With the TM 0.6 on the blade, the first thing I noticed was that the blade felt more heavier than when playing with Grass Dtec 0.5 and much heavier when playing with TM ox. This heavier combination with TM 0.6, meant that I had to put more effort in returning the ball. When I used TM ox, the blade was lighter and the returns were easier and quicker. The sponge on the TM 0.6 seems to be more heavier than some of the other pimpled rubbers which I have tried. I also found that returns away from the table, using TM 0.6 were slower than using TM ox and much slower when using Grass Dtec 0.5.
This slow speed may be of benefit when playing against opponents who play a fast game against you and the control was good. However I will have further sessions with TM 0.6 this week, to come to more definite conclusions.
At the moment, for my game, after only one session of using TM 0.6, the ox version appears to suit me the best, but only time will tell!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 15:47 

Thank you for the review!
My English not very good but if i understand good the 0.6mm version play much slower.

My question is the sponge soft or hard? The control better with sponge? The disturbing effect less than OX? With sponge more spin sensitive?
With sponge you can make more backspin with chop?

Thx :)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 18:52 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
Gery06 wrote:
Thank you for the review!
My English not very good but if i understand good the 0.6mm version play much slower.

My question is the sponge soft or hard? The control better with sponge? The disturbing effect less than OX? With sponge more spin sensitive?
With sponge you can make more backspin with chop?

I will have another session with Troublemaker 0.6 within the next few days.
I should be able to answer your questions then.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 20:06 

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 20:25 

Carsten Neubauer send me this mail:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email and the purchase of our long pimple rubber 'Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker', we are glad to learn that you like it!

I am sorry for this late reply, we are having a tremendous workload with the launch of our new products, and also the preparation for the new season (another 3 new rubbers and a lot of catalog work).

As to your question:

The version with sponge is (naturally) a bit faster, but still offers good control and good disruptive effect, more than most other long pimple rubbers with sponge on the market.

Basically the version without sponge (OX) is the most effective for playing close to the table since it produces a low bounce while blocking and especially while chop-blocking.
Also it allows for attacking through aggressive pushing and lifting however the rubber is not as fast as other rubbers on the market, it was clearly developed for slowing down the ball and for producing good disruptive effect.

If, however, you need a little more speed for attacking (aggressive pushing, lifting, slow counter-attacking), with still very good control and good disruptive effect, then 'Trouble Maker' with 0.6mm sponge could be interesting for you"

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2019, 12:53 

Last edited by Lolo on 15 Jul 2019, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 05:08 

Blade: dr neubauer barricade
FH: spinart
BH: gangster
Still using TM on B/H but I have put some damping sponge backing on it ,a very soft thin black backing, I think it was called in German "dampunsfolie" or similar spelling which has slowed it a little but better return spin action especially on side spin balls,it is easier to hit with also but that may be me getting better with it.Having a robot session Wednesday to master chop block and hits against backspin. Still having prolems with a block straight off the bounce, goes in net too easily, not mastered bat angle for that return yet, otherwise looking good for future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next