OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Top 3 LP spin-reversal.
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 23:50 
The French ConnecTTion

L1
Superblock
Hallmark Original

The reason why I include 2 frictionless rubbers in my top 3 is simply because there is IMO, no friction rubber that offers as much reversal as the L1 and still in my opinion, the L1 imparts more backspin than frictionless rubbers.

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 03:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Marathon Man wrote:
L1
Superblock
Hallmark Original

The reason why I include 2 frictionless rubbers in my top 3 is simply because there is IMO, no friction rubber that offers as much reversal as the L1 and still in my opinion, the L1 imparts more backspin than frictionless rubbers.

That's an interesting comment. Anyone else who's tried L1 agree?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 03:27 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I would definitely not say the L1 creates more spin reversal on passive blocks than frictionless rubbers, although I do agree that the L1 is among the best if not the best non-frictionless pips for spin reversal.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 05:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victas VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Let's not forget our recently off-the-radar LP darling, Bomb Talent. I've used both BT and L1 and think BT had more reversal, along with way more disruption (L1 has almost none).

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 14:05 
Liquid Evil Chopper

Wow Grass Dtech does not get a mention? :(

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 14:47 
Super User

1. DTech
2. Bomb Talent
3. Meteorite / L1

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 16:07 
Liquid Evil Chopper

Good on ya bvautier! :up:

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 18:49 
Super User

Beer Belly wrote:
Good on ya bvautier! :up:

Had to do something to fix the situation :-).
Even though to me DTec has the most spin reversal and is very disturbing against a certain level of players, it isn't easy to control. Against good players that can loop anything, the DTecs becomes a liability.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 19:13 
The French ConnecTTion

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I would definitely not say the L1 creates more spin reversal on passive blocks than frictionless rubbers, although I do agree that the L1 is among the best if not the best non-frictionless pips for spin reversal.

Spin reversal can only be created today if you chop and friction rubbers create no spin reversal on passive blocks but some kind of no spin ball.

The reason why I put L1 before 2 frictionless rubbers is due to the fact that it is in my opinion the best chopper on the market today. I ranked SB and Original in 2d and 3rd cos even if they were designed for blocking, the spin reversal on chops was more than decent.

A friend that uses the Dtecs in Ox on a barricade blade tried my racket last week and he was pretty impressed with the spin reversal of the L1.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 19:38 

1.Bomb Talent ox black :*: :up:
2. 1615 DF ox black
3. Globe 979 ox

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 18:42 
The French ConnecTTion

nathanso wrote:
Let's not forget our recently off-the-radar LP darling, Bomb Talent. I've used both BT and L1 and think BT had more reversal, along with way more disruption (L1 has almost none).

A friend who was previously using Bomb Talent in Ox switched to the L1 a couple of weeks ago and will stick to Akkadi's rubber. According to him, the L1 offers more spin reversal, more attacking possibilities and has better control. He also added that the L1 is more disturbing than his previous rubbers (including Bomb Talent).

The L1 has "gained" 10 new players in 2 weeks in France and I guess sales will keep on increasing.

One thing that has to be kept in mind is that the L1 works much better on a stiff blade than on balsa blades.

I don't mean to "promote" the L1 but after the frictionless ban, it is for my game, the best replacement.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 21:00 
Super User

1. Feint Long II
2. TSP P1R
3. Milkyway Neptune

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 11:25 
Reverend Reversal

Blade: Rendler Smart
FH: Hurricane 8 hard
BH: Grass DTechs OX
Quote:

nathanso, those were exactly my findings as well. MarathonMan made an interesting comment about the L1, however:

Quote:
One thing that has to be kept in mind is that the L1 works much better on a stiff blade than on balsa blades.

I had the L1 on a Hallmark Aurora blade, on the defensive, slower side. So, I didn't hit with the L1 on a stiff blade at all. So, that will definitely cause different experiences.

Blade - Rendler Smart FH - Hurricane 8 hard black BH - Grass DTechs OX red
Blade - BBC 9/10/9 FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Dragon Talon OX red
Blade - Hallmark Aurora FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Joola Badman OX red

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 07:57 
Super User

Hi all

I agree with Marathon Man when he mentions...
Quote:
Spin reversal can only be created today if you chop and friction rubbers create no spin reversal on passive blocks but some kind of no spin ball.

Most reversal are provided with long pips and a thin spong. I don't like to talk about reversal related to ox-versions.

1. Milky Way Neptune with a 0.7 mm spong make even reversal if there isn't much spin in the incoming ball. Chop blocks offers enough spin reversal and most reversal comes up when chopping. Oppenents at my leverl can only push these chops back.

2. Amsir Surprise with the thin spong makes the ball very slow and there's many reversal when chopping. An active play with this long pips rubber is a bit difficult and I play now again with a black Neptune and 0.7 mm spong.

3. Don't forget the Curl P1-R, because this rubber has a great reversal too. This rubber is in my eyes great only when chopping. Block, counter strokes and smashes are very difficult to play safely.

To all former frictionless pimples players: Learn to play a variable game with a grippy long pips rubber and you have got much more possibilities to play and your opponent has much more trouble to read your game :rofl:

Cheers, Martin

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 19:39 
The French ConnecTTion

speedplay wrote:
martinspin wrote:
Hi all

I agree with Marathon Man when he mentions...
Quote:

Most reversal are provided with long pips and a thin spong. I don't like to talk about reversal related to ox-versions.

1. Milky Way Neptune with a 0.7 mm spong make even reversal if there isn't much spin in the incoming ball. Chop blocks offers enough spin reversal and most reversal comes up when chopping. Oppenents at my leverl can only push these chops back.

2. Amsir Surprise with the thin spong makes the ball very slow and there's many reversal when chopping. An active play with this long pips rubber is a bit difficult and I play now again with a black Neptune and 0.7 mm spong.

3. Don't forget the Curl P1-R, because this rubber has a great reversal too. This rubber is in my eyes great only when chopping. Block, counter strokes and smashes are very difficult to play safely.

To all former frictionless pimples players: Learn to play a variable game with a grippy long pips rubber and you have got much more possibilities to play and your opponent has much more trouble to read your game :rofl:

Cheers, Martin

What you are talking about is what I like to call aided reversal, and no doubt, for this a sponge LP is absolutely the best. How ever, I feel that the best "passive" reversal is still gained with OX rubbers, preferably on a hard blade. As far as I know, there isn't a legal rubber that comes even close to the reversal the old frictionless rubber provided us with, but there is still reversal.

I agree that grippy LP creates much more possibilities for the user, but at the same time, it isn't a good replacement for the frictionless pips, if you still want to play a close to the table blocking kind of game. Grippy LP with sponge is great for chopping and spin variation but I don't think they are suited for a close to the table blocking game. This could obviously be that I never got skilled enough to use them like that, but it is my experience with them.

Still, kind of followed your advice as I went on to anti with a soft sponge, which can be used both for blocking and chopping with spin manipulation and I must admit, I enjoy the game much more now days.

Passive reversal does not exist with grippy LPs. Insider was not really grippy and the spin reversal was very light compared to frictionless pimple rubbers. There is in my opinion no friciton rubber than can impart a small amount of backspin when blocking. If you wanna have spin reversal, you have to chopblock; if you do a regular block, you will send a no spin ball.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!