OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 May 2013, 21:44 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Pascal Tröger wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
I'm about to try the Joola Badman Reloaded OX in black which I bought it for a bargain price. Got some questions before glueing it onto a blade:

How feasible is chopping (from distance) with Badman OX? What kind of wood would be optimal for allround style with LP combined with forehand inverted looping (not hitting)

Fast or slower defensive blade?
Soft or hard? Flexible or stiff?

I was thinking of putting it on one of my blades below:

-Victas Koji Matsushita (medium speed, soft, medium stiffness)
-Butterfly Defence II (medium fast, medium hard, stiff)
-Donic Defplay Senso (slower, hard feel but flexible)

Any further input about Badman Reloaded welcome!

You should try the rubber on the Victas or Butterfly blade.
Both are more stiff and that should work.
The Defplay is too soft.

Harder AR blades are also working.

Thanks a lot, Pascal. I will first try it on the Victas blade

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 01:59 
Incredible Shrinking Man

How did it go for you with Badman on Victas?

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 22:24 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

To be honest, I still haven't tried it :oops: . I'm a bad EJ. I own a lot of rubbers ready to test, but because I have a good combo at the moment, and because I don't want to switch or experiment during the League period, I do not find the time or the energy to test them...

But, since I have a second VKM, I might give it a go in the next weeks... will let you know

Geddk wrote:
How did it go for you with Badman on Victas?

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 17:13 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
Gave up on Badman 1.3 mm red sheet. Too fast for me and very sensitive to angles. If you have a good return then opponent find them difficult to deal with coz it has a high disturbing effect. This is actually good, but for a beginner I think more control is important. So in short.
Pros- High disturbing effect, good for chopping if you have good control over it, good for both close and away from table.
Cons- Very fast (at least the red one in 1.3 mm in my case), very sensitive to bat angle variation, not that grippy.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2013, 07:29 
Angel of Abbyss

any more news about it?
I am now still playing with my Desperado Ox but I think I should try something giving more spin when I chop the balls.
I stay embarassed against fast long services because my return is not disturbing enough and when I try to play a rally defending, I don't find the Desperado efficient enough.

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 04:58 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
Diabolosyl wrote:
any more news about it?
I am now still playing with my Desperado Ox but I think I should try something giving more spin when I chop the balls.
I stay embarassed against fast long services because my return is not disturbing enough and when I try to play a rally defending, I don't find the Desperado efficient enough.

You can try Badman reloaded Ox. Even better if you go with more grippy lps like TSP curl P1r or P4 or Feint Long 2 or 3.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 16:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I thought I'd resurrect this topic, to see if anyone has actually compared the Badman reloaded to the Dtecs new version?

I was also wondering of the Badman Reloaded pips are as soft and dtecs pips?

Thanks guys! :up:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 13:33 
Super User

So I played with Badman Reloaded OX tonight....on a Defplay Senso. Didn't play long enough with it for a full report but here are my initial impressions. Tonight everyone I played was over 1800.

Qualifier: I do believe Dtec to be the best all around rubber out there for OX players. Of course I'm sure that is a topic up for debate. I also think it pairs very well with a Defplay.

Although I mess around with a lot of rubbers Dtec remains at the top of the heap. However....one reason I keep trying rubbers is that I want to find a "Dtec that's not Dtec" Something approximating the mania of Dtec without the accompanying disorientation. :sweat:

Anyhow.....

Compared to new Dtecs OX (also played on a Defplay)

Badman Reloaded:
Is noticeably slower
Has better control...but is by no means a beginners LP
Superior blocking....best blocking rubber I've used...I was stunned. It really took a pounding and sent balls back fairly low with relative ease. Chop blocks from a foot or 2 behind the table were deadly.
Is far easier to hit with.....although a few balls did come back....but who cares?
Is slightly better with no spin
Has less chop on initial ball but the 2nd ball is oddly "reloaded" My opponents were having no problem looping the initial chop or hitting thru the spin. Their ability to aggressively attack caught me off guard.
Aggressive pushing is less effective...less tricky for the opponent to return. I'd say Dtec is the gold standard for serve returns and aggressive pushing.

Overall I'd say Badman is less "funky"....but like Dtec....it did induce my opponents into some inexplicably wild returns beyond the normal LP goofiness. On the other hand I wasn't left scratching my head wondering why my balls were flying off the table for no apparent reason.

Again....these are only my initial impressions.

I'm thinking that Badman is a rubber that will force a guy like me to become a better LP player without also being a sitting duck. I think everyone agrees that Dtec can help get you some easy points....so sometimes shots don't have to be as tight. But with Dtec control is the issue...yes?
In contrast, although it's easier to use....the margin for error is less with Badman...if that makes any sense :?: With Badman Reloaded ....shots have to be well placed....and at an appropriate height. That's true of all rubbers. But as it applies to LP....as opposed to many others...Badman rewards these shots by making it extremely difficult for the opponent.

Dtec and Badman could be likened to handsome successful brothers a cut above all the rest. They make all the women swoon and incite the envy of every man alive. Badman would be the responsible, sensible brother....Dtec would be the drunken disorderly brother.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 16:05 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Great review. Nice poetry :-)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 17:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great comparison treetop, thank you!

I sounds like it would suit me very well! :oops:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 12:00 
Super User

I played against a hard hitting SP/SP guy tonight....made it a little tougher for me....but I was still able to control most of his shots. So....I'll stick with my initial assessment and restate that Badman handles no spin/light spin better than Dtec.

I can confirm that Badman is slower than Dtec....but not by much

I can confirm that Badman on the Defplay blocks extremely well....very easy to control. My game really isn't centered around blocking but this rubber would be my 1st choice if I ever put together a blocking rig. It can take a pretty good punch. In that respect it reminds me of Curl 3@.

Hitting is several orders of magnitude easier than hitting with Dtecs. I'm absolutely thrilled by this. I gave up trying to hit with Dtec....and given that....it will take a few more sessions to get match ready with Badman.

Badman has a similar "bite" to Dtec when chopping. However, I think one distinct difference is that Badman is far less bouncy than Dtec and therefore, for me, it's easier to keep my chops lower....I can chop 2,3 or 4 consecutively at around net height. I couldn't do that with Dtec. I'm really not sure if Badman would be designated as a "chopping" rubber but chopping with it is easy. But I'm not a seasoned chopper so take all this with a grain of salt.

The serve returns still mystifies me a little. One of the joys of Dtecs is that you can return almost any serve pretty much anywhere you want. I haven't figured out how to do that with Badman.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 02:51 
Super User

Nobody asked...but I'll post anyway.

Qualifier: I'm a fan of 388d.

Badman is faster than 388d (which I have on my other Defplay)
Badman's chop is a little heavier than 388d. And more tricky?
Badman's control is a little better and it's easier to keep chops lower.

Hellfire:

Badman is significantly faster than Hellfire.
Hellfire is easier to control
Badman chops better....heavier
For whatever the reason....I can hit better with Badman....although hitting with Hellfire is more than adequate.
Hellfire is easier to use returning serves

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 15:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
treetop wrote:
Nobody asked...but I'll post anyway.

Qualifier: I'm a fan of 388d.

Badman is faster than 388d (which I have on my other Defplay)
Badman's chop is a little heavier than 388d. And more tricky?
Badman's control is a little better and it's easier to keep chops lower.

Hellfire:

Badman is significantly faster than Hellfire.
Hellfire is easier to control
Badman chops better....heavier
For whatever the reason....I can hit better with Badman....although hitting with Hellfire is more than adequate.
Hellfire is easier to use returning serves

Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but did you try all these with or without sponge?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 22:31 
Super User

OX....

I'd love to try a sponged version.....

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 23:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Just buy a cheap sponge 0,8-1,2 mm and glue them together and try :up: I did that with Dawei 388D, I hate the original hard sponge. If you like chopping you really shold go with a sponge. Start with 0,5 mm if you haven't tried it before.