OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 13:17 
Super User

Hmmmm.....

After 3 or 4 sessions... including a few hours of just knocking the ball around and a dozen matches with Badman Reloaded.....

I will continue with the Dtecs.

Badman has some nice qualities...but opponents have an easier time with it as opposed to Dtec.

While Badman is easier to chop with it's not in the same league as Dtec.

Bottom line: Badman Reloaded is a SENSATIONAL blocking rubber....I can't overstate how easy and effective it is to block with....superior to Dtec....chop blocking is very effective and it has near Dtec speed if you like a faster LP.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 16:12 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi treetop,

I use DTecS. I block at the table and push aggressively. I rarely chop. I beat a lot of players by forcing them to make mistakes and smashing pop ups.

So.....DTecS or Badman Reloaded?

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 22:06 
Super User

That's sort of a "loaded" question....

I'd say stick with what you've got....

Badman Reloaded isn't quite as easy to use when pushing....at least not on my Defplay.

But for sure....Badman blocks better than Dtec.

I don't know if you ever used Curl P3@R but it's very similar in that it takes very hard hits. It's very easy to control the depth and height of the block...
If you kind of chop block off the bounce with a slightly closed blade Badman blocks stay very low. For some reason I can't do that with Dtec consistently.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 11:58 
Reverend Reversal

Blade: Rendler Smart
FH: Hurricane 8 hard
BH: Grass DTechs OX
Just got a sheet of Badman Reloaded (red, OX) today. Gonna give it a try. I like my Cropcircles, but from the posts I've read, I might like this Badman. I'll give it a go this week and let you know what I think. If it doesn't immediately fit in with my style, I'm going to delay more practice with it until AFTER my tournament this coming weekend. Don't wanna mess myself up too much.

Blade - Rendler Smart FH - Hurricane 8 hard black BH - Grass DTechs OX red
Blade - BBC 9/10/9 FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Dragon Talon OX red
Blade - Hallmark Aurora FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Joola Badman OX red

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 22:44 
Incredible Shrinking Man

JimWeiland wrote:
Just got a sheet of Badman Reloaded (red, OX) today. Gonna give it a try. I like my Cropcircles, but from the posts I've read, I might like this Badman. I'll give it a go this week and let you know what I think. If it doesn't immediately fit in with my style, I'm going to delay more practice with it until AFTER my tournament this coming weekend. Don't wanna mess myself up too much.

Did you ever try Badman on your Aurora Jim?

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 07:37 
Reverend Reversal

Blade: Rendler Smart
FH: Hurricane 8 hard
BH: Grass DTechs OX
Hey Geddk,

To be honest, I have not given it a fair workout. In the short time I used it on the Aurora, it seemed to be a very good pip for attacking, but I did not get a chance to test it against all kinds of shots with my robot. Until I do, and can give an honest evaluation, I won't comment. But it's on my "to do" list for the new year. The reason I didn't work with it very much is because I had also revisited Dornenglanz, which is working very well for me, and I kinda stayed with it. But, I'd feel guilty if I didn't give the Badman another chance, especially since it is a rather expensive LP. Thanks for the reminder.

Blade - Rendler Smart FH - Hurricane 8 hard black BH - Grass DTechs OX red
Blade - BBC 9/10/9 FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Dragon Talon OX red
Blade - Hallmark Aurora FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Joola Badman OX red

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 20:58 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I've been trying many pips over the years, but the only ones I've lasted with were ScrewOne initially, and then Dtecs, usually 0x. The past month I've been playing with Spinlord Dornenglanz II, and its ok, better control than Dtecs, and somewhat able to hit, but slower and I can't seem to chop very well with it.

So, I'm down to where I've tried all the cheaper options, and got a sheet of Badman Reloaded. I had 10 min practice with it before the first match, so did pretty well only losing 3 - 2 by virtue of too many missed pushes, serve returns and attacks.

It chopped pretty well.
Serves were good.
Pushing is ok, but its different, so I need practice
Hitting was harder than the DG II, but not as crisp as the Dtecs. I landed a couple of good ones, so that was a good start. That is the shot I wish I had.

Bottom line was it will stay on the paddle and I'll keep trying with it.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017, 01:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Played with the Joola Badman Reloaded OX for awhile. It's an excellent pip, very soft and dynamic and capable of a lot of funky effects because of that, but the flipside is that it takes some getting used to on your end as well; "Easy-P" it ain't. Due to its softness, hitting is indeed more difficult. The main issue I had with it in the end is that the trajectory was a bit too high on passive blocks (though excellent on chop blocks).

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

Last edited by TraditionalTradesman on 07 Sep 2017, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2017, 05:06 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I just got done with some ox testing as well. A tremendous pip!

In fact I didn't lose a match when using it. I mainly used it for classical chopping, and service return. Coming from glanti, the returns were a bit harder due to the higher grip. After a bit of practice they were easy though. Using the side swipe technique allowed me to return basically any serve and the back spin serves could be attacked aggressively.

It fit my game much better than the anti spin, as I usually chopped more than passive blocked at the table. I was able to chop back fast, heavy loops a good ways off the table. And the flatter low spin drives could be chopped back as well. In fact, I was surprised by the amount of control! I felt like joo se hyuk out there a few times :lol: A number of the spectator "ahh-ing" moments on a few of the better points. Having used short pips and slow inverted rubber, I thought those offered good control. But man, the long pips even shocked me at times! I'd swing out, not even fully expecting the return to land and to my delight... it would be a low arc, spinny shot right on the back line often leading to an outright point.

I'd say it's an all-round sort of pip. Able to function fairly well in all areas of the game, something I was looking for due to the varied opponents and the different levels. But it doesn't do anything 'exceptionally' great. Easy to use and effective. Pricey though...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 19:49 

Blade: Donic Shiono
FH: Victas 402 1,8
BH: Giant Dragon Talon 0.5
Hello, can anyone confirm if Joola Badman Reloaded has the ability to put it own spin like FL3 or TSP4 ? Especially with 1 sponge I am interesting, thank you

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 00:55 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Yannis71 wrote:
Hello, can anyone confirm if Joola Badman Reloaded has the ability to put it own spin like FL3 or TSP4 ? Especially with 1 sponge I am interesting, thank you

Nowhere close to fl3. It's closer to d.techs.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 01:15 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
Yannis71 wrote:

Nowhere close to fl3. It's closer to d.techs.

Agreed. All long pips rubbers, after the frictionless ban of 2008, can create some of their own spin, but Joola Badman Reloaded is one of the ones primarily oriented toward at-the-table blocking, and those generally can create less spin than some of the chopping rubbers like FL3.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 01:21 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Badman is very slippery, perhaps a tad more grip than Dtecs in the same sponge. More slippery than Piranja.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions