OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 04:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
@Lorre: Thanx alot! Yes, it helps :up: . And of course it all comes down to one thing - practise. It took me 4 months to be comfortable with L1 in my blocking and attacking game, I guess it will be the same with D.TecS. I'm just not very patient... I will go with version two when attacking with my pips, I have done at training sessions but I need to be relaxed in my arm and wrist when performing the shot, and I need to make a full movement and move my whole body forward. But the most important is that I have good balance when performing the shot. I misses a lot when trying to do it when the ball is a little too much in front of me, when I nearly can't reach it. I need to be in position, if I wait for the ball it will be too low and I will place it straight to the net.

About my serves... I am actually proud of myself sticking to the ones that worked in that match. Normally I change my serve too much and that can sometimes stop me from getting into rytm and make me forget why I do exactly that serve, what is the purpose of it and what kind of return should I expect. I have a bunch of FH-serves (used a couple of them in the forst two sets) but againt this player I needed to be in position immediately after serving and I seemed to get slow spinny attacks when serving with BH. Also I changed placement and spin (both direction and amount) all the time. The best serves I did was at 5-9 in the last set when I used a FH from mid table, twice with a little variation in placement and spin (from backspin to sidespin). That gave me two points and contact, which I unfortunately didn't help me to win the set.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 03:20 

Just got an OX Dtecs and a 1.2 sponge one both in Black. I let my friend use OX as he is pushblocker and he put it on a Butterfly MAtsushista PRo Defence paired with a MEidum pips sponge on the other side . I'm a classical defense and I bought a brand new Gambler Outlaw since I didn thave any Red inverted to pair with the Dtecs. IT went on an Andro Fiber Def

Playing last night I was surprised I adjusted quickly and easily since Dtecs had a reputation of being uncontrollable. a Light attack ( or lift/topspin) against backspin was surprisingly easy. Chopping was easy to get on the table. I tried P1 curl before and P4 and I had a bit of trouble adjusting and took it off after a couple of sessions. Now I mostly played with a couple of people slightly lower than me and one around my level but with unorthodox spin/loops so cant comment how much backspin or deception I'm getting. AT least for now, it seems it matches well with my blade and controllable so I will most likely stick with it for a while. Im happy with it and I like the "feel".

My friend on the other hand is having so many problems. He tried it on the backhand where he normally plays OX long pips and I left him last night trying it on forehand. HE says it needs a LOT of adjustment to his game . He wants DTECS to succeed or at least give it a try as he heard so much about it . They way it's going last night, Im afraid he might give it .up after a couple of days. Most of his shots are overshooting the table and when he tries to adjust, it falls short and into the net. He does have around 6 blades he can try it out on though so I'm assuming he'll switch it around.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 04:02 

A bit of sideways motion with the Dtecs OX might help, i.e. sideswipe. Just push through services with a fairly flat bat and return the spin.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 09:52 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
He just needs to persevere. He needs to use the right blade though. It is simply the best. For pushblockers and active play at the table it can't be beaten. I moved to ox from 1.2 and used something else for a season but going back to it has reignited my love of the game.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 16:53 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have tried Dtecs with 0.5 sponge a couple of times. It feels quite different than 0x (insensitive to spin) or 1.6 sponge (lively).

The thin sponge feels dampening, so it takes speed of the ball well, and it hits well. No disturbing effects or reversal and blocking shoots high. So it's quite like the opposite of ox.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 05:29 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I disagree with Roy. I have used 0.5 Dtecs a fair amount, and in fact used it in comparison to OX Hellfire just on Monday. Plenty of disturbing effect and reversal. Not quite as much as with OX, but still really quite a lot.

I do agree that the sponge takes the speed off the ball, which means I find it easier to keep the ball short with 0.5mm spine. I find it better for attacking than OX.

Overall I still think it's not the easiest rubber to control, so for now I stick to my OX Hellfire, but I prefer 0.5 Dtecs to OX Dtecs.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2017, 04:21 

How can you compare chop in case of OX and 0.5? 0.5 gives a stronger backspin?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N920C przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2017, 04:42 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Gzubik wrote:
How can you compare chop in case of OX and 0.5? 0.5 gives a stronger backspin?

I can't detect much difference, nor can my training partners. After writing what I wrote above, I played with 0.5mm Dtecs today. I honestly think the difference is primarily in attacking. I was much much better able to flick or play aggressive BH shots with the LP with the 0.5mm. I found my dead push / bump shots a bit nastier too.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 14:46 
Super User

I have now played lot with Dtecs 0.5, and it's truly the king of allround pips. :) Overall control is suberb.

Blocking, chopping, rolling, short drops... all goes great and low over the net. Spin in chopping is not in the level of grippier pips though and attacks goes best only against decent underspin.

Compared with my trusty Agenda 1.0, Dtecs feels firmer and less bouncy (you can take of the speed of serve by going against spin), as drop shots are difficult with Agenda because of bounce. Attacking is easier and more effective with Dtecs, while Agenda might have more spin in chopping.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 20:21 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I'm still using my Dtecs with 0.5mm sponge and I agree with Roy that's it's an excellent "all around" pip. Very solid choice for intermediate, Joo Se Hyuk wannabes like myself. Very controllable for table play and plenty of teeth for chopping.

I've always struggled with chopping a slower, spinny loop (especially when I have to step in to do so and it's dropping rapidly) but I've found with this rubber I can scrub the spin off with a sidespin chop really effectively! Works really well for those shots to the body too.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 06:26 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I have just ordered Grass D Tecs in 0.5mm in black. Would it play well on a TSP Balsa Carbon blade?
Bulldog

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 11:11 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Sae Hyuk
FH: Tibhar Aurus
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
i've used Dtecs Ox with Butterfly Joo SaeHyuk and it's produce high reversal when blocking on table but less reversal when chopping but enough to trouble the opponent.

I also have used Dtecs with sponge but my technique is not good enough to use it, so prefer to use Dtecs Ox for both block & chopping.

World female player Batra Manika used Dtecs Ox with timo ball alc or zlc...and beaten world ranking no.4 and three times olympic medalist; Tian wei Feng. However, his game more to blocking close table and counter attack with his backhand twiddle.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 12:53 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I tried .5 sponge for the first time the other day. Seemed pretty fast on the bounce test but not bad on the table. I'm not sure the bounce test is a valid test at all. .5 Dtecs was different enough that I had to switch back to OX for now. But for me, it's better than FL3 and P4 which I've tested recently. I'll keep experimenting with it.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 22:52 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi,
I get .5 black from my friend and now tried it with Dr Neub Matador. I felt quite good but it wasnt easy to play. Flat hits went over and no spin or light topspins were not easy to handle. Is there anyone who is playing with this .5 in that kind of blade or similar?

Soba

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2018, 05:10 
Super User

Soba wrote:
Hi,
I get .5 black from my friend and now tried it with Dr Neub Matador. I felt quite good but it wasnt easy to play. Flat hits went over and no spin or light topspins were not easy to handle. Is there anyone who is playing with this .5 in that kind of blade or similar?

Soba

Do you normally play with Keiler? For my experience you can only hit against underspin with Dtecs 0.5 and even then it works better with limited force. I have played Dtecs 0.5 with Firewall+ also and it's even faster than Matador. Playing with it is ok or good, but of course it's fast combination and it has it's limitations. Light topspins should be easy to handle, but you have to take ball of the bounce. I think Dtecs 0.5 is good against no spin, no problem at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next