OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Professional Pips?
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 04:44 

theOldDuffer wrote:

I would like information on the KingBat and how to order it, also on taobao, but can't find anyone to translate the information for me. I am interested in the blades and blanks except the ones that are more or less the traditional style. Is there any way I could smooth talk you into looking into this for me and let me know how to get in touch with the company to place an order? I would certainly appreciate it. http://www.kingbat.com....web site defaults to tabao.

The prices seem very reasonable.

Thanks,
Thomas Huff

I never place order on taobao before, coz foreigner here in china is not allowed to have internet banking access with chinese bank. Only thing that i can order is using my friends Alipay (chinese paypal) only with seller who accepts COD method. I'll check it out for you.. PM me for which blade u interested in ordering..

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 15:49 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
i took a picture of my blade and am trying to find a comparison picture but cannot....

does anyone have a piece of stock feint OX around that they could use to compare with mine?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 12:47 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

had these pips professionally tested at the NATT championships testing booth with all the offical devices....they are completely legal in every way!

my new pips

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 16:16 

leatherback wrote:
had these pips professionally tested at the NATT championships testing booth with all the offical devices....they are completely legal in every way!

my new pips

Did they have a friction testing device there???

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 04:40 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

yes they did...but there was no long pips players other then myself.....a few short pip players, but i guess they still measure friction on short pips as well!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 04:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
leatherback wrote:
yes they did...but there was no long pips players other then myself.....a few short pip players, but i guess they still measure friction on short pips as well!

What did it look like? How did it work? Ball drag?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 05:42 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

no ball drag thank heavens....i woulda just laughed if that happened...

it had some sort pad made out of "ball like" material that was attacked to a meter...they dragged it across and i guess measured the resistance.....then they did it again and applied much more pressure to bend the pips.....it looked very subjective to me, but they were getting measurements...

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 06:02 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

leatherback wrote:
no ball drag thank heavens....i woulda just laughed if that happened...

it had some sort pad made out of "ball like" material that was attacked to a meter...they dragged it across and i guess measured the resistance.....then they did it again and applied much more pressure to bend the pips.....it looked very subjective to me, but they were getting measurements...

Interesting. Was the test under pressure the same everytime or was it pressed and dragged manually by hand?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 07:30 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

first test was just resting the device on the top of the pips and dragging it withough applying any force other then the force applied by the weight of the machine (which i didnt touch...therefore i do not know the weight).....and the next bit was applying force by hand untill the pips bent to maximum...

the last part is what i find subjective....what if one ref presses harder then another....maybe they have ways to do it but they werent apparent to me...

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 08:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

It didn't look like this did it?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 09:59 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I would hope that they will eventually disqualify someone with such friction testing device in this country as I would want to see how it would play out in court if someone who is disqualified takes it to court.. Like I said previousely, there is no minimum friction RULE at the table. It does not exist.. They are testing for a rule that applies to manufactorers only.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 10:39 

Perhaps they are testing for treated rubbers. I suppose in this case, they will need to maintain a database of manufacturers rubber co-efficient of friction for comparison purposes.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 22:10 

Pushblocker wrote:
I would hope that they will eventually disqualify someone with such friction testing device in this country as I would want to see how it would play out in court if someone who is disqualified takes it to court.. Like I said previousely, there is no minimum friction RULE at the table. It does not exist.. They are testing for a rule that applies to manufactorers only.

in other posts you made you've stated over and over again that if a testing device existed and thus would render your pips below the friction level you would then change your pips. now that you see such a device exists you want it disqualified. this is hilarious...

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 08:44 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

mynamenotbob wrote:
It didn't look like this did it?

the part actually touching the ball seems to be similar....but i dont remember it being that massive....

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 10:42 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
pippy1 wrote:
Perhaps they are testing for treated rubbers. I suppose in this case, they will need to maintain a database of manufacturers rubber co-efficient of friction for comparison purposes.

The co-efficient of friction is not necesarily a indication of treatment. I'm certain that a well known player that used to player a Mark V rubber that used to be slick like anti did NOT treat his rubber or even just "forget" it in the sun. Mark V is a rubber that wears down very quickly if not kept up very well. There were also some players that talked bad about that guy behind his back and suggested that he treats his Mark V.. However, I'm 100% certain that he doesn't.. His rating always drops when he gets a new sheet and as it breaks in, it goes back up again... Every tournement that I see him, the rubber has less and less friction.. If it was treating, that would happen a lot faster.. He just wears down the rubber.. However, I doubt that they did not do a friction test on inverted rubber, right?? That sounds awful lot like discrimination againt pips out players.. The treating rule applies to ALL rubbers equally!