OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 10:02 
More Block Than Bite

I just happen to notice the FL 3 is on sale at Megaspin right now $30.99 usd (with sponge only) http://www.megaspin.net/store/default.a ... b-feint-l3 . Don't know what you guys usually pay, but this may be a better deal at the moment.

Also, does red play as well as black or is there a big difference? Thanks...

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 03:37 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Dawg15 wrote:
I just happen to notice the FL 3 is on sale at Megaspin right now $30.99 usd (with sponge only) http://www.megaspin.net/store/default.a ... b-feint-l3 . Don't know what you guys usually pay, but this may be a better deal at the moment.

In general, red is a tad harder and slightly less tacky. Black would be tackier and a bit softer therefore imo maximize the effect of ultra softnmushy pips like FL3. Not a big difference tho, just a bit, esp. its a Jap product.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 03:45 
Super User

Dawg15 wrote:

I got mine for 28.99 at Amazon so 30.99 usd still seems like a good deal.

Ian

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 13:42 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

If I am good with inverted chopping will this lp suit me ? :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 08:41 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
YosuaYosan wrote:

From what I heard it probably will, Yosua.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 05:51 
Super User

YosuaYosan wrote:

Yes, Feint Long 3 is one of the few rubbers that can make your opponent fear going into the net after the first topspin or second topspin-the only other one seems to be TSP Curl PR-1.

The bad is that my black FL 3, on my GD Kris def combo blade (on the def side of course), is super slow. So pick hitting with it is only modestly effective. I guess this is why you run around or twiddle like Filus, LOL. :rofl:

Ian

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 11:34 
More Block Than Bite

Wow!! I played a classic defender tonight that used feint long 3 on his FH and inverted on his BH. He was a tall, skinny guy with long arms and it was very hard to get anything by him. I see what you guys mean when you say the spin increases with this pip. I would loop to fl3 and he would chop back with only a little spin, second loop into fl3 would have a lot of spin, and third even more. I tried not to give more than one at a time, definitely no more than two into this lp. At first I was just keeping track of how many I sent that way ie... trying to remember not to lift the first one much then to lift the second loop a good bit and so on... but it is much easier (most of the time) just to keep it in his BH and avoid multiple loops in a row to fl3 if possible. This is the first time I have played against this lp. He used it in red with 0.5 sponge.

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 02:28 
Super User

Dawg15 wrote:
Wow!! I played a classic defender tonight that used feint long 3 on his FH and inverted on his BH. He was a tall, skinny guy with long arms and it was very hard to get anything by him. I see what you guys mean when you say the spin increases with this pip. I would loop to fl3 and he would chop back with only a little spin, second loop into fl3 would have a lot of spin, and third even more. I tried not to give more than one at a time, definitely no more than two into this lp. At first I was just keeping track of how many I sent that way ie... trying to remember not to lift the first one much then to lift the second loop a good bit and so on... but it is much easier (most of the time) just to keep it in his BH and avoid multiple loops in a row to fl3 if possible. This is the first time I have played against this lp. He used it in red with 0.5 sponge.

When I play with the FL3, if I get 2 shots in a row to the Feint, I anticipate either getting a dump shot to my back hand or a ball placed to my forehand. The shot of decision (it seems) is the second ball over. That is if the ball is s loop drive. If I get a big spinny (slow loop) I am expecting dump shot right away unless I choke up a high ball.

Ian

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 06:01 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

The other thread mention that my Dawei 388D-1 is actually a suitable substitute for the FL3.
Regarding the ability to return backspin as backspin, it is true (Both lp could generate its own spin).

What do you guys think ?
Thanks in advance :up:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 06:39 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I also have some feint Long 3 on one of my Kris combo blades and had some great results
with it on the robot and also at the club. As a chopping rubber it does perform very well indeed. I call it the three ball rule *( many others do also ) if you can chop three times the ball
should not come back, at least not very often. I had one sheet on a Yasaka balsa plus and also looped with it. Not really how I want my game to progress. More like ROBERT SHAHNAZARI
type player. I have been working on more attack...but really loved the chopping of rubbers like feint Long 3.
Quick question about your *(Ian Demagiabour) Kris blade. I have two. one 72 grams and one 100 grams. What weight was yours when you got it. I also trimmed mine down to 158-152 and like it better.
The heavier one felt like I was swinging a hammer. Do you have any vids of your playing I would like to see how the Kris matches up with your rubber set-up

Peace GIG
:clap:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 08:28 

With my old Ox Grass DTechs getting the ITTF axe I decided to move to a rubber more professionals use. My hope was that perhaps the ITTF wont be overly anxious to ban something well established by the top guys for some miniscule reasoning (or at least one can always hope). I’ve been playing with the Feint Long III 1.3 for a couple weeks now. I decided to go with the added sponge for more spin variation and longer chopping distances away from the table (where I normally enjoy playing). I was very apprehensive about the large jump from OX to 1.3 but decided I’d take a risk just to see if I liked it, and I’m glad I did!

The soft sponge on the Feint III really makes the transition from an OX to 1.3 not bad at all. It took a little adjustment but I quickly found a comfort zone (I was actually overcompensating at first due to the fear of a sponge which caused me to constantly send chops into the net). I’ll have to be honest, at first I had some doubts whether I would like the rubber or not. Working with my robot I wasn’t overly sure how much backspin my chops were creating. Being able to do some light hitting with it was encouraging but I was scared that once I faced a skilled opponent my chops would simply be rammed right back down my throat via kill shots.

I took my setup to the club and squared off against a 2,000 player. He’s the best in my area and I was very nervous about facing him first. :sweat: I was very surprised at how well I did and the how well the rubber performed. Chops that I normally would send at him with my DTechs (that he would’ve killed 80% of the time) were diving into the net. I varied my chops and I was getting more and more off the table and into the net. Long story short we played 7 or 8 games. Only in the first game he handily beat me 11-6. I took the 2nd game (a rarity) and all subsequent games ended 14-12, 15-13, 13-11 and so on. He beat me in those close games but it was by far the tightest I’ve ever played him. Also, some of the most beautiful chops I’ve ever made were with this rubber. The best picturesque low over the net and buried in a corner shot happened again and again. His only option was to chop (which he never does) or loop which kept me at distance I enjoy playing.

In my limited time with it I can say it’s a rubber that is at its deadliest when the ball gains a lot of dwell time. Getting those pips to bend on a return can really get an opponent guessing. Passivity is not rewarded, especially when the pips do not bend. If you do a light passive stroke I found I was throwing up plump cherries for opponent to put away at will, but all of my active strokes really seemed to pay dividends.

I’m loving this rubber so far and I’m very glad I switched to it! :)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 02:13 
Super User

I did not weigh it, but for me it was pretty light, but very large. For me with my very small hands (even though I am a big guy) it makes it very hard to twiddle...cutting the blade down is something that I don't have the tools or skills for.

*The GD Kris is also easy to chop with even on the forehand inverted side with 729 Judo.The only thing I don't like is it is so thick. I too often foul balls off when I loop. I take a huge extremely fast/hard swing no matter if I am driving the loop for a loop kill or give my opponent a slow spinney-it is cranked. This means timing must be perfect.

** I dont have the means to film myself at the present time, sorry.

*** we all should do a review of the GD Kris. It seems to be a very popular blade!

Ian

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 05:04 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

Yes the head of the Kris blade was huge so I trimmed it buy just tracing from a blade size I liked which was the Yasaka ma lin soft carbon and used that template to trace. I measured top and sides to make sure I was even on both sides. I just used a small electric hand sander and after 20 minutes..trimmed to 158x152 approx. I trimmed my other one faster using heavier grite sandpaper too about 15 minutes. I can twiddle the Kris when I chop, you really have to take a little off the lower end to make that work. Still a good blade, I am still puzzled why my heavy blade works so much better than my lighter set-up * 30 grams difference.
Looping is sometimes hard for a large headed blade..trim a little off and maybe the head throw will come back to your swing level and not be forced to have inconsistant loops.

Peace GIG
:clap:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 16:58 
Super User

Has anybody tried Feint long 3 on Joo See hyuk blade ?
And which sponge thickness were you using.
I tried out FL III 0.5 on Defplay Senso yesterday and really liked it but i struggled with the really slow speed of the pimple.
I wonder if it will still be controllable on JSH and which thickness to choose - since JSH i kind of hard 0.5 might give too many "wood" hits 8)
Would like to have the firepower of JSH and still have the ability to chop well from the bh side.
I s that possible ?

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 02:28 
Super User

I have just receiwed Fl III and mounted it on JSH in 1.1 mm black.
I really like it for controlled chopping, hitting and looping - but am wondering if it creates the same amount of underspin in chops as P1R.
I will put my P1R on my Second JSH blade to test the difference.
But i really like how I can play an active backhand with my lp`s.
FL III does not have any wobble at the table - so it is for a pure chopper / chopper attacker like myself - I like that it can slow down the speed of the rather fast JSH.
I find it rather slow even om JSH - it really needs an active bh game.

Soren

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next