OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haifu Octopus
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 01:10 
The French ConnecTTion

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Jim, I'm not sure if you realise that Taytay has revived a very old thread here. I'm not sure you will get a reply from Marathonman as I haven't seen him post on the forum in recent times.

I indeed have been away from the forum the past few months but still take a look at what is posted every week.

Regarding Haifu's Octopus, I would say that it's one of the best LP to attack backspin balls with a flat punch. I really liked Joola's Octopus for this stroke and Haïfu's rubber is even better at this.
I played it on a Toccata Carbon Def and this combination proved to be really effcient as the blade has a rather hard outter ply and the pips of the Octopus are a tad stiff.
Chopping away from the table was also extremely disturbing for the opponent.
I would like to know where Taytay got his 3 sheets as I got the last test sample sheet from Japsko.

In any case Jim, if the rubber hits the market, you should give it a try; it's probably one of the best for the stroke you (and I) play.

Cheers,
Ma'man

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 01:29 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Jim, I'm not sure if you realise that Taytay has revived a very old thread here. I'm not sure you will get a reply from Marathonman as I haven't seen him post on the forum in recent times.

I indeed have been away from the forum the past few months but still take a look at what is posted every week.

Regarding Haifu's Octopus, I would say that it's one of the best LP to attack backspin balls with a flat punch. I really liked Joola's Octopus for this stroke and Haïfu's rubber is even better at this.
I played it on a Toccata Carbon Def and this combination proved to be really effcient as the blade has a rather hard outter ply and the pips of the Octopus are a tad stiff.
Chopping away from the table was also extremely disturbing for the opponent.
I would like to know where Taytay got his 3 sheets as I got the last test sample sheet from Japsko.

In any case Jim, if the rubber hits the market, you should give it a try; it's probably one of the best for the stroke you (and I) play.

Cheers,
Ma'man
Hi. Oh lucky ,I have friend live in china . They found it for me... They only have 3 piece for now

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 12:58 
Reverend Reversal

Blade: Rendler Smart
FH: Hurricane 8 hard
BH: Grass DTechs OX
Thanks for the info, Reb :) --but it looks like Ma'Man saw the post. And thank you, Ma'Man, for your response. I may order a sheet of this rubber.

Blade - Rendler Smart FH - Hurricane 8 hard black BH - Grass DTechs OX red
Blade - BBC 9/10/9 FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Dragon Talon OX red
Blade - Hallmark Aurora FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Joola Badman OX red

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 17:35 
The French ConnecTTion

JimWeiland wrote:
Thanks for the info, Reb :) --but it looks like Ma'Man saw the post. And thank you, Ma'Man, for your response. I may order a sheet of this rubber.

Jim,

If you order one, could you please tell me where you will buy it? So I can get a replacement sheet in case I have problems with the one I play with.

Thx!

Cheers,
Ma'man

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 06:37 
Super User

Any idea of when will this rubber be released or where I can buy one?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 16:34 
The French ConnecTTion

chop-king wrote:

Don't think it will be released. I asked Jim from ttnpp (who has good relationship with Haïfu) and Japsko if they had a release date (was about a year ago) and they both told me that Haïfu would probably not sell the rubber.
They also have 2 inverted rubbers (Pirates 007 & 008) which have been on the LARC for 2 years now if I'm not mistaken and those rubber will never hit the market either.

Too bad for their LP as it is a really good one.

Cheers,
Ma'man

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2012, 03:41 

Hi.mr king chop
I still have one haifu octopus in black ( brand new) if you live in USA & give me offer I will sell to you

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2012, 05:21 

Hi all
I have octopus long pips o.6 mm brand new uncut in black and 1 red was cut. Cause I put in my blade. Give me an offer and I will sell it , USA only

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2012, 08:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Taytay wrote:
Hi all
I have octopus long pips o.6 mm brand new uncut in black and 1 red was cut. Cause I put in my blade. Give me an offer and I will sell it , USA only

Try the Buy & sell section Taytay, you'll have a much better chance of selling. ;)

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 19:55 
The King

Reviving the thread once again, haifu octopus is available now

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HaiFu-Octopus-OX ... 1094761879

Reading the description(and looking at the pictures) it reminds me a lot of the hellfire, could this be the same rubber?

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 23:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Also available here, with good pictures: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3692
According to description it is made mostly for attacking.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 09:11 
The King

I was experimenting a bit with pips and inverted rubbers for my defplay senso recently and give the haifu octopus a try. It seems to work very well on the defplay. Not too slow not too fast, speed seems to be just right. Chopping slow the ball down a lot and just blocking with open bat returns most incoming balls without much effort. Spin/reversal/spin continuation is far above average, i would say just a bit less than giant dragon talon. On active attacking shots the octopus is really great, easy to lift balls, not too spin sensitive and the ball stays low.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 02:25 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I ordered a sheet to try as well. If I can still chop and chop block well, and my attacking gets more reliable, it would help a lot.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 10:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
This is an LP like no other. The OX sheet is ultra-thin and floppy before installation. Installation with a glue sheet is very challenging without a large diameter roller due to the floppiness.

I thought for sure it would be fragile and break pips quickly a la Sword Scylla but it's actually very durable. Octopus has a huge range, being able to block and drop the ball just over the net one the one hand, and flick a BH topspin drive with plenty of authority on the other. Opponents have trouble with this pip; not because the ball 'wobbles' or causes disruption but simply because it goes on the table a lot, and perhaps, slower than they were expecting. Has better than average backspin on chops.

I've been alternating between this and Sanwei CODE OX for the past few months. Some of my opponents fare worse against the Octopus; others worse against the CODE. I really need to start keeping a post-match notebook. Only available from China via mail order which is a bummer.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 16:12 
The King

Hmmm, that doesn't sound like the sheet I have, that is more like the bicycle tire type rubber like the meteor 845. Very easy to glue.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next