OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 12:59 

Hello,

I will try to post whenever I have something intelligent to say. Right now, I am beginning to move into my busy season with lots of ITTF Courses to give and travel. I will be in Atlanta, GA conducting an ITTF-PPT Level 1 Course from May 12-16th. I have three ITTF-PPT Level 1 Courses to give in the USA this summer. I will also be organizing an ITTF Level 2 and Level 2 Course Conductor Courses at Colorado Springs in October. In September I will be traveling to Malaysia to attend the first ever ITTF Level 3 Course and training on teaching the course. Finally, in November, I will be involved in a month-long ITTF Development Project overseas. It is early yet and I will probably pick up more assignments in the next month. It keeps an over 60 year-old very busy but I love the work and coaching is a great profession.

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 17:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Thanks again Coach for the info on lefties. I really appreciate you talking about this stuff. Some extremely important concepts to remember here for LP blockers.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 19:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great tips there CoachMcAfee! Thank you so much! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 15:44 

Hello All,
I have uploaded 8 more videos of the long pips training drills series on you tube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ8Ua4YSjcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsW9ivVJKzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjg4mNfrwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd8-AiTXB0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLy0wr2o2Zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6xxHpXR7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uj8MEeRKPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxujWgtJ27o

I hope the long pips players on the forum will find them useful.
Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 15:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow that is awesome, thank you so much! :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you don't mind, I'll copy (and embed) these videos to a dedicated thread in the Coaching section, so that we can sticky it as a valuable reference?

This is indeed invaluable information for the long pimple player here, and there's a lot of us here! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 16:10 

Please feel free to place the videos where they best belong. I am afraid that I am not to up-to-date on how everything works on the forum.

Thank you,

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 16:51 
Super User

I have PMed CoachMcAfee and already got permit to post his drill videos on my local table tennis forum. our forum members love it. Thanks coach.

PostPosted: 27 May 2012, 06:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Played today w/c.c. Red OX 1st outing while awaiting Shipment of 911. Would have used Xiying 979, but..... Odd thing happened with with my old sheet of X. 979, it is about a year old and in that time it became less red. It just spent the time, on bat laying, unused on shelf. It looked sort of oxodized, somewhat like old inverted. Seemed to play about the same as I remembered, so I took the Crop Circles for a test drive in the Open event at local tournament

Very interesting pips but I was unable to control it and literally put dozens of easy balls long. If you just want to block, this is not the ticket, but if you want to play an assertive game, this is the real deal. Superb for chop blocking against big loops. Need to close it a fair bit against big hitter. Great at serve rtn.

Super nice quality on the fit and finish. Seems like the pips should hold up well. Liked this much better than the black with thin sponge I tried when it first came out.

Used it a Ross Leidy Chameleon 1.1

tOD

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 12:16 
Super User

I must say I have fallen in love with this pip I play it 1.2 and the control is out of this world on this pip// I was using Dtechs and prefer Cropcircles// chopping is an absolute dream// I love how im able to change pace on my chops and not worry of it going long since I can go all out with this rubber and perform full swing chops all day long.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 06:23 
Hard Justice

Just resurrecting this thread to clarify something. Both martinspin and nathanso have hinted that this may actually work better as a blocking rubber with the 1.2mm sponge, while other LP usually need to be OX to be viable in close-to-the-table defense (or so I've heard).

Could someone expand on that a bit? I'm getting the wife a better LP (she uses LP on forehand to block and "punch"-block with no backhand rubber) and was going to go with another OX, but now this is definitely on my radar.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 13:15 
Reverend Reversal

Blade: Rendler Smart
FH: Hurricane 8 hard
BH: Grass DTechs OX
I've been using CC for about 5 months now. I wouldn't recommend this rubber in OX as a passive blocking rubber, but it is very good if you have an active wrist. If you make quick short strokes on a chop block, and with soft hands, you can take a lot of pace off of the ball. Don't know how this would work with sponge. Also, if you punch block with this rubber against back spin, you must come up on the back of the ball slightly, and not just punch the back of the ball. It won't reverse the spin appreciably enough and turn it into topspin to bring the ball down. But add a little upward movement, and it brings it down like magic. The punch against back spin has always been a main shot for my game, and with CC I have had to make this adjustment. If you want a rubber that is better for punch blocking straight into the ball, try a LP with better spin reversal.

I was hitting with a friend who uses LP last week, and he uses Saviga V. Punch blocking straight into the back of the ball against back spin (this was OX, btw), was a very effective shot with this rubber. Just another LP to consider.

Blade - Rendler Smart FH - Hurricane 8 hard black BH - Grass DTechs OX red
Blade - BBC 9/10/9 FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Dragon Talon OX red
Blade - Hallmark Aurora FH - Hurricane 8 black BH - Joola Badman OX red

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 13:21 
Hard Justice

JimWeiland wrote:
I've been using CC for about 5 months now...

Thanks a lot for the in-depth feedback! Sounds like I made the right decision holding off purchasing it, since it doesn't sound like the right rubber for what she'd be doing with it.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 14:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

dwruck wrote:
I love the name. They do have some great names for their pips, Dragon Talon and Crop Circles. Oh, and Giant Long. That makes more of a great adult film name, though.

Incidentally, "Long" in (all? most?) Chinese languages means "Dragon". Yeah, "Giant Long" is terribly funny. No, don't ask me what "Ma Long" means, I don't know.

Interestingly enough, Giant Dragon stuff doesn't seem to be carried by any of the online Chinese vendors I've come across so far. Eacheng, Ttnpp, all the ones I've looked on on AliExpress. Wonder why. Maybe they only sell through western dealers, or maybe they're sort of a private OEM label.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 06:37 

As an added help, at McAfee's suggestion I took up lp (backhand) and Cropcircles (OX) was amongst the first I used. It worked to perfection up to about the intermediate stage. I like to attack from both sides and CC didn't give me what I wanted. With a robot, compared Pogo OX against the CC OX; there was a clear benefit to the Pogo for attack play IMHO. OTOH, McAfee used this lp and no one can criticize his ability to do everything with CC. Sounds confusing but (1) depending on your wife's level, I would think CC would be no problem below intermediate; and (2) not too many of us have the eons of experience that McAfee has, so, unless she's active with her long pips (as JimW suggests) e.g. she's a passive player, I would not use them.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 07:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
epictetus wrote:
As an added help, at McAfee's suggestion I took up lp (backhand) and Cropcircles (OX) was amongst the first I used. It worked to perfection up to about the intermediate stage. I like to attack from both sides and CC didn't give me what I wanted. With a robot, compared Pogo OX against the CC OX; there was a clear benefit to the Pogo for attack play IMHO. OTOH, McAfee used this lp and no one can criticize his ability to do everything with CC. Sounds confusing but (1) depending on your wife's level, I would think CC would be no problem below intermediate; and (2) not too many of us have the eons of experience that McAfee has, so, unless she's active with her long pips (as JimW suggests) e.g. she's a passive player, I would not use them.

So you're using Pogo OX now?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!