OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: LP attack????
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 00:07 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
I've never done much with LP...had a racket given to me for a little while that had LP on the back (a jpen blade, since I play jpen, of course!). I've read about people saying "attacking LP"; what kind of attacks can be made with LP, especially on the backside of a jpen blade?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: LP attack????
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 23:10 
Super User

Please???? I KNOW there are a ton of LP here!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 23:17 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Well I don't play J-Pen and have only ever mucked around a little with C-Pen (and very little at that). But seeings as you haven't got another answer yet, here goes.

I played with my blade some time ago against a C-Pen RBP playing friend (actually a long ago posting member here named guitarpug). He got me to understand how to RBP with my LP on my BH and I found it reasonably effective after a short while of trying. I found by striking the ball with a very, very closed angle on my blade and aiming around mid table, I could land a fast attack to his BH side (for a right-hander). If I aimed toward the BH the ball would fly well wide. If the blade angle was fractionally too open the ball flew way long. I'm not sure if this converts for J-Pen, not ever having used one. But if it helps at all, then it was worth writing lol.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 23:23 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

maybe ill use that vietcong stuff(erm... doublefish1615) and slap it on the reverse side of my jpen. since ive got ck1513 and cloud and fog 3 which just arrived along with some other goodies..

you could always use the backside to chop some loops or push every so often.. or have it vertical and use an agressive stroke to block?? counter a loop??

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 06:49 
Super User

Ah, thanks, guys...I'm thinking more of flat drive rpb with some rpb chop thrown in when I'm on defense. Also, i might try twiddling just so i can rpb loop some and use a LP FH. trying to be a little innovative here :lol: . I dunno....

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 10:38 

THE GAMEr wrote:
Ah, thanks, guys...I'm thinking more of flat drive rpb with some rpb chop thrown in when I'm on defense. Also, i might try twiddling just so i can rpb loop some and use a LP FH. trying to be a little innovative here :lol: . I dunno....

The thick handle on Japanese blade will get in the way when you twiddle.
I believe CPen blade is much easier to twiddle.

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 01:10 
Super User

I dont play J-Pen (or C-pen for that matter) so I am at a loss to give you useful advice in that regard, so I will try to extrapolate some of what I think might apply.

The first assumption that I will make is that you are playing close to the table offensive type table tennis.

Probably my most successful rig from a tournament and league perspective was a 1 ply hinoki (shakehands) blade with 2.5mm Shriver on the forehand and Phantom 009 on the backhand.
Phantom 009 has Mark V sponge underneath the long pips so for its day it was screaming fast. With it I could punch block flat hits and fast loops back to my opponents backhand. Pushes were ruthless pick hit away. Slow loops either blocked or chopped.

You probably want to read the short treatise at the top of the EQ section on pip types. You might try a cheap offensive LP like 755 or 837 before jumping into the deep end with Dtecs or the uber expensive Feint AG (who no one seems talk about on a TT forum...probably should be a message somewhere to the maker that its too dang expensive...).

I am sure you can win some points with the mix them up part of LP's. I am not sure how well it will marry to a J-pen game-very interested to hear.

Best of Luck,

Ian

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 01:29 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
when I was visiting My Brother in Pittsburgh I visited the South Park TTC and there was one player I met who cut some of the cork from his JPEN to create a blade that he could easily flip...He was also an anti spin and inverted chopper.

Quite an interesting player.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 09:05 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Theres a jpen chopper at the harold street club. He uses the rpb to chop far from the table. He fishes and flat hits with his forehand. He uses a thick hinoki blade too.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 12:53 
Super User

Hm...I think I'll try 837 with a thin sponge and see how it goes (won't be able to do it that soon though, unfortunately)...and to ease twiddling, I will modify my blade to be like one of those jpens made for it. (ala woodworking skills!) If anyone is interested on how I do the modification (if it's successful), I will try to post a how-to on it. Also I will try to remember to reporet back if the whole LP works well with jpen too!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 07:52 
Super User

THE GAMEr wrote:
Hm...I think I'll try 837 with a thin sponge and see how it goes (won't be able to do it that soon though, unfortunately)...and to ease twiddling, I will modify my blade to be like one of those jpens made for it. (ala woodworking skills!) If anyone is interested on how I do the modification (if it's successful), I will try to post a how-to on it. Also I will try to remember to reporet back if the whole LP works well with jpen too!

Take a look here as well: A very good breakdown

http://www.tabletennisdayton.com/pages/ ... bbers.html

Ian

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 10:39 

THE GAMEr wrote:

A picture of your modified racket will be super.

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 10:47 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

try Double Fish 1615. Good at chopping but also good at hitting too. I would reccomend saviga V pips, but they arent easy to get.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 10:54 
Super User

wlhk wrote:
THE GAMEr wrote:

A picture of your modified racket will be super.

Will try! but it will be a while....

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 11:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

THE GAMEr wrote:

Contact Ross Leidy. He has built a superb rotor-blade for me for twiddling and a very innovative pen hold blade for RPB playing
tOD