OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Phantom OX LPs
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 08:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Just got a sheet of Yasaka Phantom 0012. Anyone know how it compares to Phantom 007?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 09:00 
Super User

Phantom 007 is an excellent to play close to the table as it is not very springy. One can chop, block and topspin. I find that it might be a better replacement for Super Block.

Only trouble with grippy long pimples is that it is hard to get the same feeling, enjoyment, thrill and satisfaction as with frictionless pimples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 09:02 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Hi GR,

Thank you for your input. I wonder if the 0012 is faster, slower or the same as the 007?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 09:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I remember reviewing the 009, but I've not tried the 007...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 12:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

OK got some Yasaka Phantom 007 in now too. The first thing I noticed was 007 has smooth tops, while the 0012 is rough on the top. Both are thick sheets and look to be excellent quality. On a ball drop test the 007 had about a 15% lower bounce than the 0012. Both had a lower bounce than a sheet of CK531A I had laying around. All are ox, of course.

I was originally going to put the 007 and 0012 back to back on a test blade, but after looking them over I might not since it's a 99% chance that I'll like the 007 better.

Probably won't be able to do much for the next few weeks, but I want to find out how the speed compares to Insider and see how much the 007's extra grip will affect my game.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 13:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
From the pics it looks like the 007 pips are wider at the bottom too, usually making them stiffer and more durable... The black might be a little grippier than the red too, but I'll be keen to hear how it plays...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 21:57 
Super User

MNNB wrote:
OK got some Yasaka Phantom 007 in now too. The first thing I noticed was 007 has smooth tops, while the 0012 is rough on the top. Both are thick sheets and look to be excellent quality. On a ball drop test the 007 had about a 15% lower bounce than the 0012. Both had a lower bounce than a sheet of CK531A I had laying around. All are ox, of course.

I think that 007 is better than 0012. Palio CK531A is faster than both of the rubbers stated. As a result of this, Palio CK531A may be more effective when used against another player who is using long pips.

Just before the start of the Autumn season, I have decided to use one of the following rubbers:
. Pheonix 1mm or 2mm
. Palio CK531A
. 007 Phantom
. 837
Most probably, I think Pheonix will be more effective than the other rubbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2009, 22:59 
Super User

I arranged Phantom 007 on the backhand and 802 short pips on the forehand. The blade on which these two rubbers have been placed is FW Plus.

This combination was very effective as it allows me to chop from close to the table and away from the table. Hits with the backhand were better than most of the long pimple rubbers I have tried. Pips of 007 feel hard and the balls hit with it are fairly fast As a result of this, opponents are struggling to handle the backhand hits The speed of the short pips causes more problems.

Post subject: Re: Phantom OX LPs
PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 18:31 

Hi guys,

After watching a c-pen Japanese player using Yasaka Phantom 007 OX to hit, block and slight loop so successfully in a local league tournament, I said to myself 'why not give it a go'?

So I purchased one and glued on my new Timo Boll ALC blade and went to compete in a local championship after being out of action for a long time due to shoulder injury.

To my surprise, it really plays not bad...chop, block and hit without any problem. Really all-round and pretty controllable without much deception. Followings are links of the rather interesting matches for sharing:

2nd game:

4th game:

Unfortunately, My camera was running out of memory and couldn't record the 5th with is even more exciting. I lost 11-13!

Cheers!
PingpongStephen :)