OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 05:36 
Super User

Bogeyhunter wrote:
Correction: 32 Pounds, not Euro.
I don't know Euro - Pound conversion.
Aren't they the same?

Crikey! Not by a long shot! European economic integration on the part of the United Kingdom has not reached this level... yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 03:35 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Diabolosyl wrote:
This is non sense for me (I don't understand).
First the long pimples are already expensive: 50 € for the most expensive ones.
Then, the rules of the Ittf is not known and not established (otherwise the list of illegal pimples would already be known. How can they propose something expensive without to be sure it wil stay legal?

Agreed, the scope of the ban could easily make it illegal.

However, Hallmark is a very innovative company IMO for a European/ Japanese company.

As far as I can see its not like Curl Combi, looks more like an attempt to overcome the ban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 03:41 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Speedplay if Combi was for left handers you would need to clearly label on the topsheet the orientation of the stickiness as you said because a pip player could easily switch between the different orientations and win cheap points. There would be nothing to stop a Curl Combi player using two bats and switching between them between matches.

At present there I don't think there is any requirement to say whether a rubber is for left handers, so you'd end up with two different top sheets using the same name. Basically if Combi came out for left handers I'd buy it asap and stick it on my other blade - the two blades would look identical and I'd swap blades regularly. For the pip player this would be brilliant and the depth to the game would be superb, for the opponents however it would be a total nightmare.

However I do take the point that tt has a lot of left handers - its even more in fencing were up to 30% of fencers are left handed. I know the reason in fencing, fencing a left hander is very different: few right handers will meet a left hander but a left hander will regularly meet right handed opponents. This familiarity for the left hander puts them at an immediate advantage at beginnger and intermediate levels.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!