OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007, 10:48 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

No sorry its within this Forum Index. Yeah I know its a bit confusing anyway its here:

http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... m.php?f=14

I'm not very far away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007, 15:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes that is a good point. Ideally the pip forum should be integrated into the pips website.

However this forum has now already become quite popular, and we might lose more people if we change it again. Plus I have not worked out how to set up a forum with Joomla (I know it's aprt of it though).

It was my intention to pick a dedicated url, but I thought I'd get things going first, so see if we can get it off the ground. When we have some decent content I can register a domain for it. Search engine promotion should therefore not be done until we have chosen the new domain.

We can sort things out as we go, it's a bit too much for me to organise myself, but when things get going I'll look into that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007, 16:31 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

To be honest, it sounds to me like doing everying backwards. This forum has proved there is demand for a dedicated pips forum, and Joolma isn't forum creation software. Why not just build a stand alone pips site, complete with forum, review pages etc? Make it a total package, under one neat URL.

If hosting is the problem I'll create & host it (I already run several business sites, & have a package hosting deal) under the condition that after initial setup I can remain just a member, and don't have to be a mod or adminstrator of any kind. Alex should do the admin (with help from others as requested) and the experienced pip users should be the mods.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007, 17:43 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Its a good point and generous offer.

I'm not too fussy about the forum being separate from the website, but I see the logic. I dunno ... at present there is a forum to discuss things and a website for information - its a big improvement.

The important thing is that we don't lose posts: I dunno what happened to Wotan-tt or all the postings on it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 09:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes you make some good points Speedplay.

Your 3rd reason could be that having the long pips forum as well as an inverted forum in the same place, gives us more opportunity to draw more players to the Dark Side :twisted: ... a worthy cause isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 09:29 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Mathias wrote:
I dunno what happened to Wotan-tt or all the postings on it...

Eaten by the evil super-computer that WOTAN is, and never to be seen again, unless we hand over the Doctor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007, 03:38 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Shoebox9 wrote:
Mathias wrote:
I dunno what happened to Wotan-tt or all the postings on it...

Eaten by the evil super-computer that WOTAN is, and never to be seen again, unless we hand over the Doctor...

TTSam are you game for this? We want our posts back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007, 08:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Shoebox9 wrote:
To be honest, it sounds to me like doing everying backwards. This forum has proved there is demand for a dedicated pips forum, and Joolma isn't forum creation software. Why not just build a stand alone pips site, complete with forum, review pages etc? Make it a total package, under one neat URL.

If hosting is the problem I'll create & host it (I already run several business sites, & have a package hosting deal) under the condition that after initial setup I can remain just a member, and don't have to be a mod or adminstrator of any kind. Alex should do the admin (with help from others as requested) and the experienced pip users should be the mods.

Yes I too think it's a generous offer Shoebox9, thank you kindly!

I personally feel that it would be best to continue as we are FOR NOW, as the URL and bandwidth is not that important for now.

Once we get things going and have a reasonable amount of content, we can decide together (vote?) if we wish to transfer over (if the offer is still available). Changing over now would bring some (temporary) disruption, and would take the focus of the new website, where it's most needed. It's not that hard to transfer things over at a later stage...

Anyone agree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007, 11:01 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Sounds fine to me. I think that between the pips interest, range of experience, and talent here, we could create a website that would be a significant resourse, and of real interest to pips players everywhere.

I'm in favour of setting up a site completely (at least in terms of structure) before it became active, so that the forum wasn't the only active/interesting part of the site. Wotan started with great plans, but changed direction a bit and wasn't ever finished. (Silver may do it yet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007, 00:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Alex, about the Noppen-site (would that be: http://www.noppen-test.de/?), just let me know which articles you'ld want translated. I'll do it for you. Make sure, though, that the original author or anyone else with rights on it agrees to publishing the text or parts of it on your site.

I can't add much else, except maybe my own experience with Friendship 799, 802 and 802-1 (soon with 802-40, I hope).

Kees

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007, 00:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

And something else. Alex wrote:
Quote:
Your 3rd reason could be that having the long pips forum as well as an inverted forum in the same place, gives us more opportunity to draw more players to the Dark Side Twisted Evil ... a worthy cause isn't it?
Dark side? Long pips? Come on, now. It's the inverted playing attackers out there that want to kill all the balls they can get their bats on - long pips players are just in the business of bringing 'em back alive... And kicking, of course, my very young apprentice.(':wink:')

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007, 06:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Kees wrote:
Alex, about the Noppen-site (would that be: http://www.noppen-test.de/?), just let me know which articles you'ld want translated. I'll do it for you. Make sure, though, that the original author or anyone else with rights on it agrees to publishing the text or parts of it on your site.

I can't add much else, except maybe my own experience with Friendship 799, 802 and 802-1 (soon with 802-40, I hope).

Kees

Yes Kees that is an excellent site. If you see my review on the "Kokutaku 911 Long pips" , it tried to translate (google) their review already, but many words were lost since only TT players can translate these. If you would like to have a go at that one, that would be great!

In fact this site can be an excellent asset, and if your German is pretty good Kees, you could be a real asset!

Yes I agree, any articles on the pips website should be only be published with their permission. I'm not sure how to proceed with this... I suppose we could ask the individual people on the Noppen site if they're willing to contribute to our site? otherwise we can just use their information as a basis for our own articles... Either way a TT player that can translate stuff for us would a great asset... So if you're willing to help out Kees, that would be awesome!

Cheers!

Last edited by haggisv on 15 Mar 2007, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007, 08:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Shoebox9 wrote:
Sounds fine to me. I think that between the pips interest, range of experience, and talent here, we could create a website that would be a significant resourse, and of real interest to pips players everywhere.

I'm in favour of setting up a site completely (at least in terms of structure) before it became active, so that the forum wasn't the only active/interesting part of the site. Wotan started with great plans, but changed direction a bit and wasn't ever finished. (Silver may do it yet.)

I could not agree more Shoebox9! Lets get some content in, and see how we progress...

Shoebox9, you seem to be the 'graphics/logo man', you wouldn't be interested in volunteering to contribute in the graphics/logo section would you :?: I think some nice graphics on a website can be key to success...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007, 09:15 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I agree that part of a professional looking website, is professional looking graphics.

PM'ed.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!