OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Grass Dtec in ox
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 20:35 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
Over the past two years, many long pimple players used Grass Dtec ox, but with the new version being introduced by the manufacturers, have players now stopped using Grass Dtec and which long pimpled rubber is now being used?

Post subject: Re: Grass Dtec in ox
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 22:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Some stuck with the new D.Tecs. Other popular ones are Dr. Neubauer Desperado, Spinlord Dornenglanz and Giant Dragon Talon.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 23:01 
Super User

+ Donic Piranja

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 23:10 
The King

Over the years I have tested many many long pips rubbers and there are a two that in my opinion are better than the rest.

D-tecs, best for the all-round game many easy points against any opponent. Still not suited for everyone as it's not very easy to control

Curlp1-r, best for classic defense, insane amount of backspin

All other pips rubbers hardly come close, maybe badman or giant dragon talon. Best All-round easy to control(and cheap) I think is palio ck531a. Others that come to mind are desperado and dornenglanz.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 23:30 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Elvis56 wrote:

All other pips rubbers hardly come close, maybe badman or giant dragon talon.

Hi Elvis,

is that Joola Badman Reloaded you're talking about? Did you try it in OX? How grippy? How is speed & control? Suitable for chopping away from table and/or blocking and/or attack?

Thanks

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2013, 00:12 
The King

Pipsy wrote:
Elvis56 wrote:

Hi Elvis,

is that Joola Badman Reloaded you're talking about? Did you try it in OX? How grippy? How is speed & control? Suitable for chopping away from table and/or blocking and/or attack?

Thanks

Yes, I mean the joola badman reloaded. I played with this on someone else's blade and it seemed to be surprisingly good. I did not play long enough to make and decent recommendations. Some info from the german noppentest forum:

Code:
Der Badman lässt sich von Anfang leicht spielen. Das Spielgefühl erinnert an einen langsameren Grass D-Tecs. Die Schnittumkehr ist enorm. Von den bisher getesten langen Noppen, die ich in letzter Zeit spielte, hatte der Badman neben dem D-Tecs die höchste Schnittumkehr. Tischnahe Blocks konnten sofort problemlos gespielt werden. Ein Druckschupf mit den langen Noppen geht problemlos und schnell. Er ist sehr einfach zu beherrschen. Der Druckschupf ist etwas ungefährlicher als mit dem D-Tecs. Rückschläge sind einfacher als mit dem D-Tecs. Dafür ein klein bisschen ungefährlicher. Wenn man den Ball beim RH-Block richtig trifft, ist es für den Gegner sehr schwer nachzuziehen.

Quick translation: Badman is easy to play with, it feels like a slower D-tecs. Spin reversal is huge.Of all the pips I have tested badman and d-tecs have the biggest spin reversal. Blocking close to the table was very easy. Pushblocks are easy and fast. Easy to control. Pushblock not as dangerous as with D-tecs.Easier to return the ball(i think he means less sensitive to incoming spin) and therefor a bit less dangerous. If you hit the ball correctly very difficult for your opponent to spin/smash.

The topic is here: http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=11689 in general the rest of the posters agree with the first post, away from the table it is comparable to D-tecs as well. But badman is more expensive than D-tecs so if you can play D-tecs stick with it.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2013, 06:28 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

New detecs is only second to old dtecs IMHO. On the Tachi the new plays very close to the old glue sheet version glued with tearmender. It's still a winner.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2013, 19:40 

Just like Elvis ---Dtech is still "King" of the pips.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 09:04 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Personally I have used both the new and old Dtecs OX. I have tried others in between the switch from old to new DTecs, but cannot find any that comes close to any of the Dtecs. Maybe because I am so used to the DTecs. So for me, it is DTecs OX all the way.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 19:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow, you're using it on some pretty fast blades fattchoi! :o :o :o

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 20:33 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Dtecs is still the most diabolical rubber on the market. I've never even used the stuff but I've played against it more than I wanted to.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 20:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Think I better revisit Dtecs on the Gergely. Memory of it was it wasn't as hard to control as Talon on the Gergely. Finding DG is feeling better and better on the Gergely, but still doesn't give the same control as Pogo...but nothing does! Dg is coming closer and closer though!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 21:13 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Thanks a lot for the information, Elvis. Indeed, at noppentest, they are lyrical about Badman Reloaded, but at the same time not many people seem to play with it: practically everyone plays D'tecs there. Their reasoning will probably be: I can get extra deception for a lower price with D'tecs...

Elvis56 wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
Elvis56 wrote:

Hi Elvis,

Thanks

Yes, I mean the joola badman reloaded. I played with this on someone else's blade and it seemed to be surprisingly good. I did not play long enough to make and decent recommendations. Some info from the german noppentest forum:

Code:
Der Badman lässt sich von Anfang leicht spielen. Das Spielgefühl erinnert an einen langsameren Grass D-Tecs. Die Schnittumkehr ist enorm. Von den bisher getesten langen Noppen, die ich in letzter Zeit spielte, hatte der Badman neben dem D-Tecs die höchste Schnittumkehr. Tischnahe Blocks konnten sofort problemlos gespielt werden. Ein Druckschupf mit den langen Noppen geht problemlos und schnell. Er ist sehr einfach zu beherrschen. Der Druckschupf ist etwas ungefährlicher als mit dem D-Tecs. Rückschläge sind einfacher als mit dem D-Tecs. Dafür ein klein bisschen ungefährlicher. Wenn man den Ball beim RH-Block richtig trifft, ist es für den Gegner sehr schwer nachzuziehen.

Quick translation: Badman is easy to play with, it feels like a slower D-tecs. Spin reversal is huge.Of all the pips I have tested badman and d-tecs have the biggest spin reversal. Blocking close to the table was very easy. Pushblocks are easy and fast. Easy to control. Pushblock not as dangerous as with D-tecs.Easier to return the ball(i think he means less sensitive to incoming spin) and therefor a bit less dangerous. If you hit the ball correctly very difficult for your opponent to spin/smash.

The topic is here: http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=11689 in general the rest of the posters agree with the first post, away from the table it is comparable to D-tecs as well. But badman is more expensive than D-tecs so if you can play D-tecs stick with it.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 21:37 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Reb if I can play anywhere near my inverted level with the blade I have with 388d1 ox on it. Ill upgrade that to dtecs and be done with it. Since I don't really use my backhand anyway anything I can gain on that side will only help I'd say.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 21:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
foam wrote:
Reb if I can play anywhere near my inverted level with the blade I have with 388d1 ox on it. Ill upgrade that to dtecs and be done with it. Since I don't really use my backhand anyway anything I can gain on that side will only help I'd say.

So your BH will really have "target" written on it then :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.