OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 10:02 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Everyone,

I finally started playing better with Hellfire in a decent League match last night. (November 14).

I got a lot of really good blocks in and the ability to drop serves short but drive the occasional no spin or backspin ball is adding a new dimension to my game.

Won two out of three singles and the doubles. Only lost in four to an old friend who knows my game well. He hits very flat and gives me very little spin to work off.

The Tibhar Evolution sheet on my forehand is spectacular. Really sold on it.

Bulldog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 03:28 
Super User

I have decided to stick with what I am good at for now.

I have a couple of technical issues linked I think to golfer's elbow. I have real problems with the simple backhand push as I struggle to get my elbow down low enough to play the shot. I have started to remedy this and hit more shots with Hellfire which is grippier and easier to attack with than DTecS.

My hit is very unorthodox as it involves having the bat vertical and scooping the ball from the forehand side. You might call it chicken wing attack. I can play it off backspin and no spin balls and the ball created is fast, flat and skiddy.

Hellfire takes a bit of getting used to after DTecS as you just don't get as much effect from passive blocking although the ball is slowed down and control is good. Blocks need to be placed well using the width of the table. Chop blocks are more effective.

I have mentally written off the rest of the season and hope to practice more and play less.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 20:45 
Super User

I have reverted to Grass D TecS ox for the rest of the season. I simply needed a fresh sheet.

Hopefully my slide down the rankings will now be arrested.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 19:05 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
After 5 months with HELLFIRE OX, i changed combination:
from HELLFIRE OX to HELLFIRE OX with Toni Hold dampening sponge 0,5mm

The combination is very good for me:
- more control against fast and powered top spin
- low trajectory block
- lost a bit of reversal, but you know: after plastic ball reversal is very very low, for this isn't a problem
- better chop from mid-long range
- better possibilities to open services and backspin balls
- finally i can use a mid fast blade like NITTAKU GORIKI SD (i need a mid oversize blade)

Finally my right combination Blade and rubber
:up:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 01:58 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
i would say hf is a blocking rubber...i tried it in ox only...it is really slow and have strong spin reversal on chop blocking...i think it is too slow for chopping from a far...

similar are dornenglantz, dragon talon, cropcircles (from faster to slower...)

I bought. hf for a friend and he got broken pips after few weeks is there any Lp with good disturbance that last 6 months or more?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 11:54 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
bbkon wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
i would say hf is a blocking rubber...i tried it in ox only...it is really slow and have strong spin reversal on chop blocking...i think it is too slow for chopping from a far...

similar are dornenglantz, dragon talon, cropcircles (from faster to slower...)

I bought. hf for a friend and he got broken pips after few weeks is there any Lp with good disturbance that last 6 months or more?

Globe OX 979

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!