OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 15:41 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Still haven't switched to the new version. Played very successfully with it at the NA Teams and reached my new best rating.. 2309..

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 15:52 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

great result

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 16:15 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
That's awesome. Congratulations!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 17:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Well done! Have you added anything to your game that accounts for this?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 18:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Awesone effort Pushblocker! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 20:58 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

That is SWEET Sir Olivier! :up: :up:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 22:15 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Congrats mate, that's an awesome rating.!!! I am close to breaking 2300 myself ... er.. I think I added an extra zero there ... I am close to 230 I mean. :P

Good luck on your journey to 2400!

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 23:36 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Well done! Have you added anything to your game that accounts for this?

The ability to punsh-push with the Dtecs has helped my game a lot. Most of the other changes were strategic and a better understanding of opponents tactics and strategies and how to counter them.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 01:36 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Ur USATT chart for the last 3 years is looking good on the trend. Let's see if it keep shooting up or does the crash & burn.

One of these days, out of sheer curiosity and wonder, you might have the itch to vist Korea and stay at a Kositel for under $20 a day and get a free hookup at a club, because you are foreign and play decent TT. Of course, you can appear at my club and our regional tourneys if you time it right.

Korea has plenty of LP OX punch blockers, but they are 98% female over 40 or over 50 players who punch everything on BH and pulverize everything on FH, a completely different style than your's. I have met exactly ONE male player (over 45 handicapped male) who plays kinda your style, but can attack FH when he needs to do so. The Korean women are usually around 1800, but i have run into a few 2000+ female OX LP punchblockers who can take hte ball off the bounce and direct it fast to the oponent's empty zone in a hurry. These are far and few in between.

I ahve played ONE Korean O50 dude who serves to setup an LP SMASH. Wierd. This dude tries to attack with LP and even passes up other opportunities to get that ball to finish with the OX LP of FH. Dude is evil as he twiddles. :devil:

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 01:38 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
If I were in florida I'd ask you to coach me:)

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 08:19 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Der_Echte wrote:
Ur USATT chart for the last 3 years is looking good on the trend. Let's see if it keep shooting up or does the crash & burn.

One of these days, out of sheer curiosity and wonder, you might have the itch to vist Korea and stay at a Kositel for under $20 a day and get a free hookup at a club, because you are foreign and play decent TT. Of course, you can appear at my club and our regional tourneys if you time it right.

Korea has plenty of LP OX punch blockers, but they are 98% female over 40 or over 50 players who punch everything on BH and pulverize everything on FH, a completely different style than your's. I have met exactly ONE male player (over 45 handicapped male) who plays kinda your style, but can attack FH when he needs to do so. The Korean women are usually around 1800, but i have run into a few 2000+ female OX LP punchblockers who can take hte ball off the bounce and direct it fast to the oponent's empty zone in a hurry. These are far and few in between.

I ahve played ONE Korean O50 dude who serves to setup an LP SMASH. Wierd. This dude tries to attack with LP and even passes up other opportunities to get that ball to finish with the OX LP of FH. Dude is evil as he twiddles. :devil:

There are many places that I would like to visit.. China, Korea, Hong Kong and Japan are on the "would like to visit" list as is also Australia.. Many places that I want to visit but little time. I get about 4.5 weeks of vacations at my employer and we usually use 2 of those weeks to be with my wife's family in Mexico. That leaves 2 weeks for "other" vacations and tournament trips. The NA Teams takes up another 2 days etc. etc. That usually leaves less than 2 weeks to travel somewhere else.. I might travel to Austria this coming summer for 2 weeks to attend the wedding of one of my wife's best friends (she is marrying an italian guy in Italy), so I'm not sure if I will have remaining vacation for another trip.. For 2013, I'm not sure yet.. If I could get my wife's family to visit instead of them visiting us, that would add some vacation time.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 08:26 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

tabesamis wrote:
If I were in florida I'd ask you to coach me:)

I actually do a little bit of coaching and I don't charge anything.. I'm happy if I can teach players to play with AND against my style. I'm always glad if I can help others to improve their game.
My favorite type of coaching however is to coach players when playing matches. My strength is to find weaknesses of the opponent and to find ways to exploit those weaknesses.. Sometimes, the difference between a high rated player and a lower rated player aren't necessarily the strokes. It often comes down to play the right ball at the right time. The right tactics and strategy is essential to win those close matches. I have won many matches where I seemed to lose badly just by changing tactics and strategy where needed. The ability to quickly realize what the opponent is trying to do and to find counter-measures is essential at a high playing level. My game essentially hasn't changed a whole lot since I was rated in the low to mid 2000's. What has changed is the ability to "read" my opponents and to know what to do and how to find their weakness. If you just play to put the ball back on the table without thinking on where you put it and a plan on what you will do with the return, you won't succeed, even if you have top notch strokes. This is about finding ways to win, mental strength and confidence. Confidence can make a huge difference in a critical moment.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 13:06 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

I hope that my remaining stockpile of old DtecS will last me a while.. The only problem that I have is that about 3 of the 6 sheets that I have are too long.. 3 measure in at exactly 2.0 , 2 measure 2.03 and 1 measures 2.07.
My current sheet has lasted 9 months so far and that's actually a new record.. However, I don't think that I'm going to get more than a few more weeks out of it..

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 14:58 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
so what will you do when you run out??? new dtecs or talon?

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 15:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Pushblocker wrote:
I hope that my remaining stockpile of old DtecS will last me a while.. The only problem that I have is that about 3 of the 6 sheets that I have are too long.. 3 measure in at exactly 2.0 , 2 measure 2.03 and 1 measures 2.07.
My current sheet has lasted 9 months so far and that's actually a new record.. However, I don't think that I'm going to get more than a few more weeks out of it..

I've found that by adding an extremely thin sponge (0.4-0.5mm) to new DtecS matches the old DtecS pretty well...