OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 05:36 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I tried a sheet of 1615 (Double Fish) and after using it once, it already started losing pips.. It didn't play bad but not very long lasting..

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 06:53 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Pushblocker wrote:
I tried a sheet of 1615 (Double Fish) and after using it once, it already started losing pips.. It didn't play bad but not very long lasting..

Wow, you don't even hit with pips, you just block and push, that one must be very bad quality.

The other day, I was trying my best to separate the sponge (0.6) of my Prasidha 1615, after more than 2 hours of steaming and ironing (covered with moisten clothes, of course), I can only peel a two inch strip at the bottom, boy do they glue them good. Anyone has any better idea of how to separate them any easier?

However, I had absolutely no problem using the same method to separate the sponge and top sheets of Dawei 388D-1 0.6 and Feint Soft 1.3. Now, I have three OX pips, including my only 755 OX.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 07:52 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Kees wrote:
Joo wrote:
Quote:
1615 is an excellent all-around pip in OX. I've been experimenting with it on and off for the past 8 months and everytime I come back to it I'm impressed

What type of game (tactics, strokes) do you play with it, Joo?

I'm playing modern defense. 1615 chops well enough for me off of the table, but retains the benefits of an OX pip when I'm stuck close to the table. My game is kind of like Lo Chuen Tsung's but with more chopping than blocking and at a much lower level :)

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 08:35 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
tatlwai wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

Wow, you don't even hit with pips, you just block and push, that one must be very bad quality.

The other day, I was trying my best to separate the sponge (0.6) of my Prasidha 1615, after more than 2 hours of steaming and ironing (covered with moisten clothes, of course), I can only peel a two inch strip at the bottom, boy do they glue them good. Anyone has any better idea of how to separate them any easier?

However, I had absolutely no problem using the same method to separate the sponge and top sheets of Dawei 388D-1 0.6 and Feint Soft 1.3. Now, I have three OX pips, including my only 755 OX.

Maybe I just got a bad sheet.. who knows..

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 15:39 
Super User

tatlwai wrote:

Yes. Buy some "Acetone" pour it in a plate. Put the rubber with sponge facing down so the acetone can soak through the sponge. Leave it for 4-5 hours. Come back and the sponge should come straight off.

Rince the rubber in water and leave it for a day before gluing it on the blade.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 16:04 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

bvautier wrote:
tatlwai wrote:

Yes. Buy some "Acetone" pour it in a plate. Put the rubber with sponge facing down so the acetone can soak through the sponge. Leave it for 4-5 hours. Come back and the sponge should come straight off.

Thanks, I'll try that.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 20:55 
Super User

Pushblocker wrote:
Quote:

I think that you were just unlucky to receive a bad rubber. I find that it is very reliable rubber with which one can chop, block and hit. Some players use it with some sponge and are one of the best hitters and they are top players in the highest section of the association's pennant matches.
I have some of the 1615 DF rubbers which are about 20 years old and they can still be used as all the pips of these rubbers are still intact. Often, FL pips have tendency to break.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 02:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Pushblocker wrote:
My 1615 OX started shedding pips during yesterday's club play.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 02:21 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

tatlwai wrote:
bvautier wrote:
tatlwai wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that.

Well, I poured half of the can of Acetone on the 1615 1.0 with sponge side face down and left it there for more than 2 days, no sign of separation and no way to separate the sponge from the top sheet. Unless the others, I think they glued them too well.
I gave up, can't steam them and can't chemically separate them, I guess I'll leave them alone and play with it.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 05:50 
Super User

tatlwai wrote:
Well, I poured half of the can of Acetone on the 1615 1.0 with sponge side face down and left it there for more than 2 days, no sign of separation and no way to separate the sponge from the top sheet. Unless the others, I think they glued them too well.
I gave up, can't steam them and can't chemically separate them, I guess I'll leave them alone and play with it.

Sometimes the sponge is nonporous, in which case you have to separate the sponge from the topsheet a little bit and then put some acetone directly between the sponge and the topsheet. It will dissolve the glue instantly. It is then a slow but sure process to pull on the sponge and keep on adding acetone.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 18:19 

Blade: Garaydia ZLC
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Dignics 09C
Kees,

I have also tried Double Fish 1615 with sponge and Ox on a 729 Black Whirlwind defensive blade; I did not like it much as it was too slow for my liking. My pushes, chops and blocks often end up short barely making the net.

On an Adidas Avenger Carbon blade, the Double Fish 1615 Ox was wickedly deadly on blocks and pushes with spin reversal at its max. I had some minor control issues receiving very fast long serves and blocking strong killer loops and smashes. I paired it with a Yinhe Moon on FH.

Double Fish 1615 Ox is perfect on my 5 ply Tibhar E. Lebesson blade. Just the right blend of control and speed. I use Magna TX II on the FH. This is my main weapon for now.

I also have the 755 with 0.6 Mystery III sponge, but I found the 1615 Ox better suited to my push-blocking-twiddling style of play.

I've only been using 1615 Ox for a few months now and I intend to stick with it and improve my LPips game.

I did not find any quality issues with this rubber, not a single pip has been damaged so far.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 23:44 

excellent lp..i use 1.0 close to the table play...im not a pushblocker, im an attacker, this rubber is perfect for control reversal game...i use it on red..good stuff....2200 us rating

blade: joola fire rossi fast
fh: donic traction ms soft black
bh: double fish 1615 red

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 07:08 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
is topsheet soft, flexible or hard, stiff?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2018, 08:14 

Hi I just found this thread and looked at the presports.com link on first post. I am also wondering why now there is a "professional" version of 1615 and what the difference is :P