OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2013, 05:37 
Hard Justice

Honestly, even though I've never considered using long pips, the cover graphic, the explanation of how you came up with the name, and the marketing package in general almost make me want to try it.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2013, 03:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:
His effort is commendable, but to be honest, I've tried most of the ones he rated well, and I don't think his rating numbers give a good indication of what will work well or won't. He doesn't say how each of his rating numbers are arrived at, so you can't argue with the numbers, except that they don't reflect the reality of how well you do playing with them. It may be that he is not doing tests with 0x rubbers, or maybe the tests just don't reflect the real world ueses/abilities of the rubbers, we just don't know.

And DTec.S is rated way down in the pack. Go figure!

BTW, Something I noticed is that the pips density (ie pips per sq cm) of DTec.S is the lowest of any long pips I have.

Martin tests rubbers in a number of ways, for instance putting a ball on the pips while the rubber is on a slope to test grip, and against a ball-machine, but never in a match, as far as I know. I guess he does it like that to make sure he is comparing rubbers on the same basis. Of course the outcome is reliable and I think it offers a good indication of physical properties, but it doesn't take into account inividual playing styles, blades, etc. Besides, he has one basic bias, or at least that is my impression: his personal favorite is a grippy LP, preferably on sponge, that will aid reversal and be dangerous because of the speed with which attacks can be carried out. High speed means a high score, for him; driving ability away from the table means a high score; and so on. I think this explains why D-tecs is relatively low on his list. If he likes a rubber, and rates it high, you can be pretty sure it will not suit players looking for something similar to frictionless LPs.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 15:14 

Blade: Cornilleau Gatien Crown
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0
BH: Hallmark Tactics OX
Could somebody compare the LSD rubber with Hellfire and DG please?

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 16:21 
The King

zpasha wrote:
Could somebody compare the LSD rubber with Hellfire and DG please?

Not tested Hellfire because of quality issues but dornenglanz is in my opinion much better than the LSD rubber. Dornenglanz has some specific qualities while the LSD rubber is a very average or maybe even below average rubber sold at a premium price. The extremely positive reviews on the German forums by Martin are very exaggerated and it later turned out the review was not done with a retail version, his version had a different sponge.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 12:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I finally tried out the LSD in red OX at a practice session and opponents found it pretty disruptive. I'm going to use it for awhile and see if I can "learn" it. For me speed was slightly above average, control about average, tactile feedback is good, sent back a lot of weird balls which I liked. Very interesting rubber. I think it's more disruptive than DG or Hellfire.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 00:55 

mynamenotbob wrote:
I finally tried out the LSD in red OX at a practice session and opponents found it pretty disruptive. I'm going to use it for awhile and see if I can "learn" it. For me speed was slightly above average, control about average, tactile feedback is good, sent back a lot of weird balls which I liked. Very interesting rubber. I think it's more disruptive than DG or Hellfire.

Could you please compare with Talon?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 04:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Talon has larger, softer pips. LSD has thinner pips, spaced further apart with smooth tops. Speedwise, probably about similar (I haven't use Talon for awhile).

A big part of the disruption of Talon and Grass D.Tecs is spin reversal. LSD has a different kind of disruption: less spin reversal, but it seems to produce strange ball flights and speeds.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 07:43 

Blade: Cornilleau Gatien Crown
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0
BH: Hallmark Tactics OX
How will I use the glue sheet provided with the LSD rubber?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 09:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Materialspezialist long pips don't come with a glue sheet. I just glued it like normal.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2014, 04:50 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
For der-materialspezialist L.S.D. rubber directly ordered by producer a free glue sheet is inside ........

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2014, 05:25 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Talon has larger, softer pips. LSD has thinner pips, spaced further apart with smooth tops. Speedwise, probably about similar (I haven't use Talon for awhile).

A big part of the disruption of Talon and Grass D.Tecs is spin reversal. LSD has a different kind of disruption: less spin reversal, but it seems to produce strange ball flights and speeds.

"strange ball flights and speeds"... that sounds promising. I have always thought spin reversal is overrated as good players have no problems with reversals. A good "change-up" could confuse even a very good player.

I would sure like to try LSD, but the price is quite high. It would be >USD$60 with shipping.

before I make the plunge, can anyone compare LSD (or Undertaker) with Desperado?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 10:50 
Super User

somehow I get hold of a new black OX sheet. Does anyone know if the black sheet play differently than the red sheet (like most chinese LP's)? Anyone has a red sheet want to trade with me? :)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 22:06 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

fazer227 wrote:
before I make the plunge, can anyone compare LSD (or Undertaker) with Desperado?

Undertaker is slow, good control but not particularly disruptive.

I liked LSD better than Desperado. From memory it was a bit more disruptive and maybe a tad slower. No matter what I test, it seems I always keep going back to Grass D.Tecs.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2016, 10:53 
Super User

finally get to try out the black sheet of LSD couple of days ago. initial impression is very good. it is a bit slower than Dornenglanz. control is very good. blocking is safe. i won both matches easily against players of my level. both my opponents had troubles looping back blocked balls - which tells me reversal is quite good. I am going to play in the league next week and see how it goes....

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 04:45 

I tried a sheet out on training. Very disruptive and excellent close to the table. But not a good idea if you like chopping from behind the table. Compared to my P1R I found I hit the net more often than not with a chop away from the table. Ofcourse, you can adjust to that. But I feel LSD real power is close to the table. You can really throw people completely off. I even confused a player in my club playing 3 divisions higher than me where he usually wouldn't.

It's really funny to play with. Just not for me tho