OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 02:57 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I have a handful of OX rubbers to try out. Is it generally held that a gluesheet is the best way to go? I have access to some Tihbar Duo gluesheets at a reasonable price. Or is glue just fine?

Is the Tibhar Duo a good sheet to use? Is there anything to choose between them?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 03:03 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Far and away the easiest way to put OX rubbers on IMO but there are quite a few OOAK players who dislike the feel of pimples when using glue sheets.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 04:34 
Incredible Shrinking Man

http://www.spinfactory.de/shop/montagezubehoer-imperial-tt50pro-belagleber-c-46_3027_7843.html

Google translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial - TT -50 Pro Glue

The new VOC-free Imperial TT Pro base adhesives have been developed based on water. These adhesives are characterized by excellent adhesion . When applied correctly, there are no health Gafahren . Imperials TT Pro base adhesives have been developed under the assumption of a liability at best yet simple lining detaching from the wood.
The special feature of these new adhesives : coverings that were once bonded with this adhesive on the wood can be glued without re- applying the glue again . This is achieved according to experience (depending on the chosen variant of the adhesive ) about 3 - 8 times without reapplication of the adhesive. Because of this property , the Imperial TT- per - adhesive are particularly suitable for testing new timbers and / or coverings excellent.

Players who with other adhesives previously problems with the liability of its coverings had ( for example, because the wood is painted) find , as well as players who want to try different pads / woods, in the new Imperial -TT- per - adhesives the ideal product for their purposes.

The indication of the number of the various variants of the Imperial TT- per - adhesive are available for adhesion. That the TT -25 -Pro - adhesive has a lower , the price offered here TT -50 -Pro - Glue a medium and the TT -75 -Pro an extremely strong adhesion.
-------------------------------------------

I think this is the best as easiest glue for 0x LP...
You can take LP on and off several times without re-glueing.

Simply a fantastic glue for 0x LP. But I use it for normal rubber as well .

Cheers
Geddk

Last edited by Geddk on 27 Nov 2013, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 14:09 

Thanks for your suggestion.I am come a cross to your site and found it according to my need and demand. Keep on taking action.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 16:42 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Whether you like the feel or not is highly subjective but most players don't. In the beginning I didn't really care for the feel myself, it's like having a 0.01mm sponge under your pips, it doesn't really make a difference in how it plays, spin reversal wise and so on, but it does change the feel and the feedback you get when you hit the ball. However what I hated even more was that my ox sheets came loose about once every other week where I had my index finger, I tried a few different glues and techniques but it didn't work well enough. This made me switch to gluesheets and now I'm a happy camper playing with them.

A big plus in my opinion is that it's so easy to move the sheet from one blade to another, just remove it and slap it on the other blade, you're done in like 30 seconds.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 21:30 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Geddk wrote:

What makes it easy? And what procedure do you follow for using the glue? My expectation is that because the OX sheet is so floppy and light, managing it and getting it straight and bubble-free will be tricky.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 22:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
The main disadvantage is they destroy blades!!!

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 05:15 

I have used the new water based glue (butterfly chack) for many years on LP rubbers with no problems. The rubber comes off easy and the adhesive on the blade can be rubbed off with the palm off your hand. If you are trying out various rubbers it may be better to use a water based glue to avoid blade damage. If you finally decide on a rubber and you have glue problems a glue sheet may be an option.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 05:32 
The King

mynamenotbob wrote:
The main disadvantage is they destroy blades!!!

Hallmark Aurora right? Together with the old tibhar co-s3 worst splintering I have ever seen.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 05:39 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I've never liked the way that any of my long pips rubbers felt with a glue sheet.. I even take off the glue sheet from any rubbers that come with it.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 10:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
They also limit the number of blades you can try your rubber on....unless you "re-glue sheet!"

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 10:54 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Wow ok - I'm getting a "say no to glue sheets" vibe. Interesting.

OK: I'm cool with glue - reassure me that it's not *way* more tricky to glue OX than sponged rubbers?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 11:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
1. Put the glue on the blade
2. Let become dry to the touch
3. Put the rubber on
4. Put the blade pips down on a table and stick some books on it for 30 minutes

That's it. Very easy. It's important to not put the rubber on wet glue or it will bubble and do weird stuff.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 13:23 
The King

I always glue pips with thinned VOC glue. Glue both the pips and the blade, dry with hair dryer, cover the blade with non stick baking paper, and move it up in steps attaching the rubber step by step, takes a minute or 2 total.

All the glue and sticker sheets I have seen and tried so far stick either too well or don't stick at all.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 21:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I guess I'm in the minority, I don't really feel much of a difference between using glue sheets or glue. Glue sheets are still a little easier, but the newer water based glues are far easier to use with OX pips than the old VOC glues were.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5