OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 15:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't remember seeing this, but it looks really good!

Isn't that Bogeyhunter in the video? Perhaps he can tell of some of the tips that Chen gave them?

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 17:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Yep, it is Bogeyhunter and I think it as a few years old. And it has been up here before, like 9 monts ago. Don't remeber where. But it is very good and well worth being highlighted again :up: :up: :up: !

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 17:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I could not find it. :oops: :oops: :oops: perhaps some of the tips that Chen gave were already posted.... I'd love to read them again.

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 20:29 
Super User

Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23488&hilit=sideswipe

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 21:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thank you!

Since I didn't respond in that thread, I think I never saw it. :oops:

I'd still like to know what tips Chen was giving to make it work. It seems he was telling them to keep the blade vertical?

PostPosted: 31 May 2014, 19:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I tried this today in practice... quite happy with the results and it produced some very effective returns. I'm not as consistant with it as Id lve to be though.... need more practice or perhaps I'm not doing it quite right...

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 17:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think I'll sticky this... very useful for anyone that wants to return serves with pimples in an agressive way.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 21:05 

The difficulty in returning so aggressively with LP, or any rubber for that matter is. You must read the spin on the service very accurately.

If you read the amount of spin just slightly wrong, your return will be horrible.

And I think that is more likely why Chen does not return like this in competition. Chen chops so well that it is not worth it to take the risk to return so aggressively, at his level, his opponents will have wicked serves that he can't be sure of the spin 100%, and with an aggressive LP return, to world class players, it is still not very dangerous, so Chen would be taking the too much risk for so little in return (no pun intended) ;)

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2014, 07:23 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
moming1 wrote:
The difficulty in returning so aggressively with LP, or any rubber for that matter is. You must read the spin on the service very accurately.

If you read the amount of spin just slightly wrong, your return will be horrible.

And I think that is more likely why Chen does not return like this in competition. Chen chops so well that it is not worth it to take the risk to return so aggressively, at his level, his opponents will have wicked serves that he can't be sure of the spin 100%, and with an aggressive LP return, to world class players, it is still not very dangerous, so Chen would be taking the too much risk for so little in return (no pun intended) ;)

Chen, however, tends to return aggressively once and a while. How do you explain that? Variation?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2014, 14:25 

Lorre wrote:
moming1 wrote:

Chen, however, tends to return aggressively once and a while. How do you explain that? Variation?

He is a pro. When he feels like it, reads the spin with full confidence then he will do it. Why? How would I know why.

If he were playing against me, he could probably aggressively return my serve all the time, but he may also choose not to, out of pity.

When a player is playing in competition, I would imagine the normal reason to play certain points a certain way is to try to lead to eventual victory.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 01:28 

Amazing! I wanna know which long pimple rubber he use?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 07:29 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
magicbond wrote:
Amazing! I wanna know which long pimple rubber he use?

Bogey: 1,5mm P1-R
Chen Weixing: 1,0mm P1-R

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 04:51 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Sir Varg waz at that camp and the other clips that didn't make Youtube are kinda funny. Only the old crowd knows the LULZ that would have happened (and did) with him in the mix.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 03:08 

Blade: Yinhe LQ1
FH: Tibhar Evolution MXP
BH: Yasaka phantom 7
I just want to let you guys know.

I am modeling my game after Fabian Akerstrom.

I use Tibhar Evolution MXP on forehand and Yasaka Phantom 7 (0x) on backhand.

eversince the long pip rubber change. I have been beating the last 10 opponents.

and a tie 2 games to 2 games with my coach.

I attack with long pips with Yasaka Phantom 7 with "side-swap" techniques. It is the most "control" attack technique.

Success rate is very high on all backhand attacks using side swap.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2022, 20:45 

Blade: Sardius
FH: Tacky Drive Butterfly
BH: Butterfly Super Anti
haggisv wrote:
I don't remember seeing this, but it looks really good!

Isn't that Bogeyhunter in the video? Perhaps he can tell of some of the tips that Chen gave them?

How Chen plays in this video is exactly how I’d like to play. I only use one side of the blade. And suggestions as to what he’s playing with, and the style used? Also, it looked like he twiddled and smashed a lot there. Thanks