OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 08:26 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
He’s saying that thicker sponges would be slower SPECIFICALLY for the FL3, because the sponge is very soft and very dampening. The sponge’s properties for FL3 are like a soft cushion. It makes sense actually if you think about it; if you throw a ball against a hard surface, the rebound will be hard and fast, whereas if you threw the ball against a pile of cotton, it’s so soft that it cushions the ball and there would be almost no bounce. Keep in mind this is SPECIFICALLY about the FL3’s sponge. 388D from what I’ve read will be faster than FL3, and definitely should be slower than DTecs from what I’ve read, but I’m not too sure. I’m also pretty sure that P1-R is in between.

oh wow, thanks for clearing that up. Thats a little dissheartening to hear actually coz my friends VKM with FL3 1mm felt gorgeous to chop with. The 388D OX definitely wasn't as nice but this was purely for the mid distance chop. It's still nice. I am just hyped to try it some more this weekend tbh, and interested to try Dtecs OX too.

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 08:51 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Ndragon wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
He’s saying that thicker sponges would be slower SPECIFICALLY for the FL3, because the sponge is very soft and very dampening. The sponge’s properties for FL3 are like a soft cushion. It makes sense actually if you think about it; if you throw a ball against a hard surface, the rebound will be hard and fast, whereas if you threw the ball against a pile of cotton, it’s so soft that it cushions the ball and there would be almost no bounce. Keep in mind this is SPECIFICALLY about the FL3’s sponge. 388D from what I’ve read will be faster than FL3, and definitely should be slower than DTecs from what I’ve read, but I’m not too sure. I’m also pretty sure that P1-R is in between.

oh wow, thanks for clearing that up. Thats a little dissheartening to hear actually coz my friends VKM with FL3 1mm felt gorgeous to chop with. The 388D OX definitely wasn't as nice but this was purely for the mid distance chop. It's still nice. I am just hyped to try it some more this weekend tbh, and interested to try Dtecs OX too.

Why is it disheartening? :o Are you worried about your chops not being able to reach the table? If so, you don't need to worry about that; if your opponent doesn't just push all the time and actually loops decently, then you have nothing to worry about. The reason for the soft dampening sponge is because it helps to control really powerful loops; for instance, if you have an opponent who can really put a lot of power into a loop, the slowness of FL3 could be beneficial to you, 'cause then the ball doesn't go flying into the air when you try and chop it. Really, all you need to remember is to make sure your strokes are really active with the FL3, like Joo's strokes (you know who I'm referring to, right?); if you forget everything else, just remember this one thing. If you thought that the FL3 was gorgeous to chop with, that's great!

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 17:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Seems I might be the only one that found fl3 bouncier in the thicker 1.1 sponge compared to 0.5?

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 18:21 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
Ndragon wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:

Why is it disheartening? :o Are you worried about your chops not being able to reach the table? If so, you don't need to worry about that; if your opponent doesn't just push all the time and actually loops decently, then you have nothing to worry about. The reason for the soft dampening sponge is because it helps to control really powerful loops; for instance, if you have an opponent who can really put a lot of power into a loop, the slowness of FL3 could be beneficial to you, 'cause then the ball doesn't go flying into the air when you try and chop it. Really, all you need to remember is to make sure your strokes are really active with the FL3, like Joo's strokes (you know who I'm referring to, right?); if you forget everything else, just remember this one thing. If you thought that the FL3 was gorgeous to chop with, that's great!

I think I am just too hyped up to play more, I haven't had such a buzz since my first couple of years. Definitely caught the TT Bug again and its in full effect. I shouldn't jump to any conclusions I should just play with what I have and in time use all the experience to get that perfect combo when I decide to get the VKM or VKMO. You guys on this forum have helped clear up so much already for me. Great people!

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572