OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 02:34 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I'm interested on how soft this pip is compared to Sternenfall... Is is softer or harder?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 04:14 
Super User

Softer.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 07:20 

I don't know about the Sternenfall, but Agenda is definitely a little softer than Dornenglanz and less tacky.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 08:22 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Softer sounds good.. will probably order a sheet of Agenda..

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 20:23 
Super User

Pushblocker wrote:

Knowing how you play, it deserve a try.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 22:40 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Capoblanco wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

Knowing how you play, it deserve a try.

I will post a update once I'll get it! Ordered a red and black sheet OX

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015, 07:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I tried it in ox on a Victas Koji Matsushita för 5 minutes today. I am not a LP blocker. But I fou d it very easy to control for being in ox. Blocking was ok but not much reversal on passive blocks. I did not do much of chopping movement when I blocked though.

Then I tried chopping from distance. Very good! It is rather grippy. Kind of like Feint Long II actually. I could easily chop spinny loops and place the chops low and controlled. But I did not try it against a real offensive player with good loops. It felt as I could put some spin of my own on the ball at chopping, but I might be wrong. I will try it more later but it will take a few weeks until I can try it more extensively. But slow and controlable with a little grip is the summary (like the others have said).

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015, 08:32 

In my opinion Agenda is not a blocking rubber. It's quite allround, but works best with chopping. Tried some balls today with sponge, makes chopping even nicer, and attacks a bit easier. Blocking game over the table gets harder, though.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 00:00 
Super User

Knorben wrote:
In my opinion Agenda is not a blocking rubber. It's quite allround, but works best with chopping. Tried some balls today with sponge, makes chopping even nicer, and attacks a bit easier. Blocking game over the table gets harder, though.

I disagree. Blocking with LP is my game for many years and Agenda is very easy and good for that too. I changed from Dornenglanz to Agenda because Agenda is easier on block with little less reversing, but more possibilities to block short and well placed.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 01:32 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Capoblanco wrote:
Knorben wrote:

I disagree. Blocking with LP is my game for many years and Agenda is very easy and good for that too. I changed from Dornenglanz to Agenda because Agenda is easier on block with little less reversing, but more possibilities to block short and well placed.

I certainly will provide my input once I'll get to test it.. It might be 2 - 3 weeks from now until I'll receive the rubber as I ordered from overseas...

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 23:27 

Capoblanco wrote:
Knorben wrote:

Well the reason I don't think Agenda is a blocking rubber specifically is because it has so little reversal when you hit passive strokes. I kinda think it's an allround LP rubber, just a bit more geared towards chopping than the Dornenglanz (which for me is great over the table).

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 23:56 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Knorben wrote:
Capoblanco wrote:
Knorben wrote:

Well the reason I don't think Agenda is a blocking rubber specifically is because it has so little reversal when you hit passive strokes. I kinda think it's an allround LP rubber, just a bit more geared towards chopping than the Dornenglanz (which for me is great over the table).

Reversal depends a lot on how early someone blocks a ball. I take it right off the bounce which usually creates more reversal. Furthermore, the stickyness wears off eventually, especially if you do a lot of multiball training..

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 07:00 

Pushblocker wrote:
I certainly will provide my input once I'll get to test it.. It might be 2 - 3 weeks from now until I'll receive the rubber as I ordered from overseas...

Hello! Have you tried the Agenda pips?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 20:07 

Pushblocker wrote:
Reversal depends a lot on how early someone blocks a ball. I take it right off the bounce which usually creates more reversal. Furthermore, the stickyness wears off eventually, especially if you do a lot of multiball training..

Sure, I just think that whatever Agenda does for you in the blocking game, Dornenglanz does better. Personal opinions and whatnot etc etc :)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 10:30 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

JJ_OO wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

Hello! Have you tried the Agenda pips?

Not yet but will try it for the first time this Tuesday..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!