OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 May 2015, 23:06 

Hi there
im new to pips and defending. I chucked tsp curl p1r 1.2 on the backhand and hoped for the best. Then obviously didnt happen . I changed to 0.5 version due to haggisv s reviews on the two thicknesses. But most likely because of my technique or no technique it feels harder to land chops on the table. It felt less effort to be spent with 1.2mm. Now im thinking going back to off blade with 1.2 mm.
Any advices, ?

Rasant Powergrip black 2.1

On the dark side since April 2015. Rating 1500 Australia

PostPosted: 15 May 2015, 23:18 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
damping sponge like on Curl P4 or Feint Long III
i saw some people are usling Feint Long III 0.5-1.0 on OFF blade and it's working
i played with it too some minutes and it's ok

PostPosted: 15 May 2015, 23:20 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Stick with it, and it probably does not matter much what 'it' is. As long as you are enjoying LP play style, it's not really the thickness of the sponge that determines your success. Equipment is not magic, you are the one making the strokes.

You don't mention how long you've been experimenting with LP/defense/chopping - I made a switch to LP on BH in January or so and I'm still trying to figure out how to use them effectively. Oh, and at my level you really don't get to chop that much anyway - I quickly found that I need to work on my LP pushes and even attacking shots.

PostPosted: 15 May 2015, 23:22 
Super User

I would also recommend Feint Long 3 0,5 or maybe 1.3.
This pip is really slow and easy to chop with, even on a fast blade.

PostPosted: 16 May 2015, 00:29 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
pgpg wrote:
Stick with it, and it probably does not matter much what 'it' is. As long as you are enjoying LP play style, it's not really the thickness of the sponge that determines your success. Equipment is not magic, you are the one making the strokes.

You don't mention how long you've been experimenting with LP/defense/chopping - I made a switch to LP on BH in January or so and I'm still trying to figure out how to use them effectively. Oh, and at my level you really don't get to chop that much anyway - I quickly found that I need to work on my LP pushes and even attacking shots.

i dont chop as often as well that's why i picked OX LP
to be mroe aggressive close to the table

PostPosted: 16 May 2015, 06:22 

pgpg wrote:

HI PGPG
it has been couple of months. I keep getting caught while im moving out to chop. I like Gionis' game. with tsp i can push backspinand i can hit too. Just blocking the fast loops and chopping is the problem. ..
good attack on the forehand. Occasional chops.

Thanks

PostPosted: 16 May 2015, 08:13 

Ok. Thanks for all the advises. I put tsp p1r 1.2 on xiom vega pro blade. Ten05 2.1 fh. It's a winner for me. Plays more like inverted. Chops are easier to land deep. And again this is working due to my lack of technique i reckon.
So i come up with the result that sticking with what suits me. Its like inverted there's no such thing as best rubber in general . Whatever suit you is the best.
thanks to everyone again.
Update
i put giant long soft's sponge 1.2 under tsp although it plays a lot like inverted maybe this is what i need until i get my strokes right. but you can do almost anything with that sponge but deception i think. at this stage this is the keeper.
thanks to everyone again