OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 04:26 
Super User

Which one gives most underspin in chops ?
I would like to have an safer alternative to my Dtechs :envy:

Does anybody have any experience from these two ?

I will be using them on the Defplay

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 09:50 
Super User

They say at the opposite side of LP world.
FIII is soo soft dampening and grippy, one of the most inverted like, maybe the most inverted like one
D.techs so fast and ungrippy, one of the pimples with most "reversal"

D.techs's chop vs a good loop is surely heavier, whereas FIII has more variation and ability to load the backspin confronting no spin/slight topspin balls.

By the way, the chop is maybe the smallest problem you'd face changing... the rest of the game would change the most (pushes, receives....).
What do you mean by "safer"? If you mean slower but with similar features maybe you should try some Chinese hard sponged/not so grippy pimple

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 12:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Agree completely with RevanII :up:

Another option is the Dtecs in 0.5mm, which will give you more control, especially in the short game.

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 15:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Which one gives most underspin in chops ?
I would like to have an safer alternative to my Dtechs :envy:

Does anybody have any experience from these two ?

I will be using them on the Defplay

Safer but similar to DTecS is Talon. Dawei 388D might work as well but it has more grip.

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 23:16 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Safer but similar to DTecS is Talon. Dawei 388D might work as well but it has more grip.

:up: Also palio CK531a might make sense

If your problem is only the speed, i'd raccomend you the 0.5 d.techs as haggsiv did. The problem is you'd loose quite a bit of grip and offensive options (picking, smashing, counterhitting vs topspin...), but i think even in 1.2 d.techs is a quite difficult pip to play much "inverted like", and you mostly play it in "a pip way" :lol: If i'm right, you'll find life is quite simpler with 0.5 instead of 1.2.
0.9 is also probably a good idea, but i never tried so i can't really say

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 22 May 2015, 04:19 
Super User

My main convern is dealing with with no spin shots and dtechs ox were terrible in this department.
The better players that i play against are not concerned with my pip shots but about the heavy backspin.
A few good modern defenders ( Including Filus ) use the feint long 3, maybe iam wrong.
ck 531a is that not also difficult to use against no spin shots ?

I play middle distance chopping on the bh with attacking all over the fh side.
i am having trouble attacking the opponents passive shots when they have to push aftyer a few chops.

Dtechs ox did not provide underspin enough against good loopers for a chopping game.

I find Dtechs 1,2 too fast even on Defplay but might have to try it out in 0,5 mm.

PostPosted: 22 May 2015, 04:45 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Dtechs ox did not provide underspin enough against good loopers for a chopping game.

This might be more about technique than rubber. As other shave said, a high-reversal OX rubber like Dtechs is generally going to give you heavy underspin against a strong loop through pure spin reversal. The advantage of something like Feint Long 3 is the ability to generate some of your own spin, which can allow you to create more spin variation on chops or create some actual underspin on your LP pushes against inverted pushes. I don't think FLIII is necessarily going to give you more underspin against heavy loops and, unless you add a decent amount of wrist action, might even give you LESS underspin. A good looper above a certain level will be able to loop most chops unless they're out of position, in the sense that you shouldn't just expect them to net the ball on your first or second chop, so that you generally have to rely on errors or work the point (chop to different areas, chop a bit deeper, shorter, lower, higher, etc.) or wait until you get a loose ball that you can attack. You can't rely on your LP to do all your work for you, in other words, but if you're looking for more pure underspin generated on chops against heavy loops, Dtechs (and other lower-friction/higher spin-reversal rubbers) might actually be BETTER than more grippy LPs like FLIII or TSP P1-R. But if your main game is chopping (rather than a mix of chopping and blocking like Fabian Akerstrom), then above a certain level, having an LP rubber that doesn't create spin variation might become a bit of an obstacle.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 24 May 2015, 03:12 
Super User

I might try out the Dtechs 0,5 by fear thet it will be too difficult hitting with it.
Does you have any other alternatives ?
I does not like Curl P1r so please do not advice that one :(

Soren