OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2015, 23:26 
Super User

MadTurk wrote:
Did you you think Dg and 755 were similar?

In my opinion 755 is faster, less disruptive, less easy for blocking and better for attacking.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 21:51 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Roy wrote:
The problem with ox pips is in lacking attacking possibilities, lacking variety and and lacking dampening of hard shots.

This is where 755 is good, it's grippier than DGz and hits very well. You just need an open paddle, and it takes a few multiball sessions to get comfortable with this. DGz hits well too, and the paddle needs to be open and you really need to choose your balls carefully, hitting only those with underspin or perhaps no-spin. With 755 you can hit light topspin with big brushing motion.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 21:59 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Roy wrote:
MadTurk wrote:
Did you you think Dg and 755 were similar?

If they both were ox, they might be quite close. Often there are not that big differences between semi-slippery ox pips, but speed of pip+blade is important. Propably 755 has less disturbance. Usually I can play decently with any ox pips as long it's not too slow or too fast.

They are similar in Ox, but like I said 755 does everything a bit worse than DGz except hit. 755 can attack better. I chopped with 755 0.6mm sponge for 3 months and it was harder to control than p-1r 1.0mm but it was similar. You can chop block hard loops in OX if you are 2 steps back from the table. I have tried to start at the table, and then I drop back about 2-3 feet. Not quite mid-distance and not quite at the table. This gives me the flexibility and time I need to decide to either go to the table or drop back to defend with chops. If it's a quick loop, at about 2-3 feet you can chop block most loops vs. under 2000 rated (USATT) players. Above that, I tend to go strict Modern D and chop right from the start. Also, at that distance if you decide to start twiddling, you inverted blocking is a great option playing angles.

As far as chopping, DGz has more reversal and you can use your opponents spin, and add to it, better than 755. 755, being grippier, is better at creating spin vs. loops with less spin. It's a tradeoff.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 08:10 

I am gonna try 388d-1 talon 755 all in 0.5 and Super spinpips chop2 in 1.0. See how i go. Will update next week. .
Thanks guys...

Rasant Powergrip black 2.1

On the dark side since April 2015. Rating 1500 Australia