OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dornenglanz II
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 19:20 
The King

auzcar wrote:
Well, not as interesting for me anymore then, I almost feel relieved haha.

I felt exactly the same after I read the extended description. But who knows it may be good anyway.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 20:03 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I'm still interested. What it sounds like to me is how D1 plays after it has broken in. Less deception, more consistent. I wish they compared chopping between the 2. If ackerstrom prefers this than it must chop better.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 20:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Hans Thalin told me that about 90 % of those who play with DG 1 would be better off with Agenda. Only very high level players and pro's should use DG because it has to low control.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 01:16 

Def-attack wrote:
Hans Thalin told me that about 90 % of those who play with DG 1 would be better off with Agenda. Only very high level players and pro's should use DG because it has to low control.

You see? Why do you have to do that to me DA? Itching...EJ bug is crawling under my skin!

It is SO surprising he said that, because the DGz is so controlled, for me, I'll stick with it. I bet he's speaking about a pushblocker style.

RE: Agenda...Must....resist...temptation.... :sweat: :oops:

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 02:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Japsican wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

You see? Why do you have to do that to me DA? Itching...EJ bug is crawling under my skin!

It is SO surprising he said that, because the DGz is so controlled, for me, I'll stick with it. I bet he's speaking about a pushblocker style.

Sorry :angel: . If I was you I'd wait until DG II arrives... I have tried Agenda and it quite is more grippy than DG. But better for chopping away from the table and since it is more grippy it is more easy to attack with.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 04:59 

Def-attack wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Sorry :angel: . If I was you I'd wait until DG II arrives... I have tried Agenda and it quite is more grippy than DG. But better for chopping away from the table and since it is more grippy it is more easy to attack with.

I also use P-1R, and I mostly chop..so it might actually be a good fit. I'm staying strong though...

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 17:12 
The King

Def-attack wrote:

That's sounds a bit strange to me as the dornenglanz is easy to use and very controlled with an above average disruptive effect. I briefly tried agenda and while control was at least as good as dornenglanz disruptive effect was noticeably less.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 17:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I thought the Dornenglanz was pretty easy to control too. I can only guess that Hans has a different style in mind, or perhaps he's thinking about a much higher level.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 01:32 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I thought Dornenglanz was easy to control in the short game, but chopping was a bit unforgiving.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 02:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Those of you who says DG has lots of control, have you tried Agenda?

I supose Hans ment control in more aggressive playing over the table, like push-attcking and blocking and drives (not passive blocking). And also that Agenda is more allround perhaps.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 02:15 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I tried Agenda and found it to have significantly more control in chopping but much less control close to the table.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 02:20 
The King

Tried agenda for some time again today, it felt like a13 in a dozen pip. Nothing really outstanding nothing really bad. Decent allround pip. I'll try it again tonight. Also tried dornenglanz again which felt great from the first stroke and dangerous and both offensive and defensive strokes.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 02:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Elvis56 wrote:
Tried agenda for some time again today, it felt like a13 in a dozen pip. Nothing really outstanding nothing really bad. Decent allround pip. I'll try it again tonight. Also tried dornenglanz again which felt great from the first stroke and dangerous and both offensive and defensive strokes.

I have a sheet of Agenda and it was nice for ox playing eith good control. But like you said, nothing special. I haven't played with DG more than a few minutes.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 03:18 
Super User

Dornenglanz is made to play close to the table.
If you want something better far from the table and good close to the table, Agenda is a good choice.
For real defense choose P1R, Feint Long II and others.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 03:19 

I haven't tried the Agenda, it's just that literally it's the most controlled and comfortable pip I've personally used, which of course is a term that is insanely subjective.

Concerning DG, with chops I get them on the table more often than with any other pip I've tried, and with placement exactly where I want them. For reference, I am pretty consistent vs. High level loops 2000+ with either DG, P-1R, P-4, F3. I don't choose ox for chopping control though, but it is certainly there. I choose OX for the rare instances I end up close to the table defending, which is something I avoid.

If it doesn't go where I want it I always can tell it's the way I struck the ball, and I never feel like it's the pip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next