OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dornenglanz II
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 20:35 
Super User

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28906&p=305424#p305424

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 22:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Japsko says on their web they expect to have Dornenglanz II in stock 27th of December.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 22:31 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
Japsko says on their web they expect to have Dornenglanz II in stock 27th of December.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gotta fight it with all my power!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 00:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Nah... just buy it, try it, and be over with it. You know you cant get peace of mind before you have tried it :)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 05:05 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Def-attack wrote:
Nah... just buy it, try it, and be over with it. You know you cant get peace of mind before you have tried it :)

Haha, there you go. A pragmatist. You may as well give the advice that you know will work. I will buy it as soon as I see it.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015, 17:26 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I'm at least gonna wait for a few reviews first!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 07:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I heard from Spinlord that the rubber is now out.

Here is the text, not sure if it has been posted before:

Our new rubber SpinLord Dornenglanz II is not just a new version of Dornenglanz. Although the pimples have almost the same size, Dornenglanz II is rather a completely new rubber. The pimples of Dornenglanz II are medium-hard and very elastic. Its pimples tops are also slightly shiny like those of Dornenglanz, but they have less friction.
Dornenglanz II is the first long pimple out rubber, that is very good for all kind of strokes, and still is very dangerous. Dornenglanz may be a little bit more dangerous for blocking, but Dornenglanz II is superior in every other way. Dornenglanz II is excellent for chopping and attacking and even for blocking it is almost as good as Dornenglanz. It is easy to control and all strokes played with this rubber have a very short and flat trajectory.
Dornenglanz II is perfect for skilled players who are looking for a rubber that is a little bit faster, harder and more dangerous then Agenda and Blitzschlag without being less versatile.
And not to forget, the pimples of Dornenglanz II are more durable then those of Dornenglanz.
Please note that Dornenglanz II is made with a very special rubber formula. It can't be prevented that after production some very small parts of resin remain to be between the pimples.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 08:21 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
to wait on review or not, that is the question... :rofl:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 23:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
:sweat:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 05:57 

I see it on Japsko...and ttdd.de....

oh the pangs...the EJ pangs! :whew:

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016, 04:49 
The King

I picked up a sheet of dg2 today in red. I will try it later tonight but the first impression was a strange one. Contrary to the description the tops of the pips are extremely tacky/sticky, tackier than the last sheet of dg1 I tried. When folded in 2 pips stick together as if they were glued together.

Rubber feels a bit heavy because of the thick base sheet, smells a bit funny, different from most other pips. I did a short bounce test, it seems to be slower than slow but this is because the sheet is so tacky probably.

Another observation after I put the bat with dg2 next to my bat with agenda: dg2 I'd very red as can be seen in the picture.
(Upload isn't working currently, try later)

I just played with dg2 for about 45 minutes, initial impressions:

Fantastic for attacking with both backhand and forehand, absolutely terrible at pretty much everything else. Blocks went high and wide, chops went in the net or almost under the table. Disruptive effect none existent. Rubber felt very fast with no braking effect at all.

This all seemed a bit strange to me. I inspected the sheet and there seemed to be sold oily layer on top of the pips. I then cleaned the pips thoroughly with cleaning alcohol and this completely changed the pips. Speed was much lower, braking effect was there, chops went fine, blocks went fine. Attack a bit less but overall the rubber played much much better.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 13:58 

Hmmm....

I just put the DG-2 on the Defplay, and my initial impressions are...it felt very much like DG-1.

So the only big differences I can detect is that hits better, chops better and blocks slightly worse. It was slower, so better for chopping vs. pace, but not a hell of a lot slower.

Distance chopping was real good just like it's predecessor, but indeed better in the sense that the added grip added more underspin to the incoming loop. I will say this, I felt it pushed (The inverted type of push, not a flat push-blocking type push) better than DG-1. It's not quite as slippery on strokes and I felt I got some quality on the ball vs and was able to create some spin. Compared to most ox pips, it was better in this regard and I didn't get 3rd balled much if I didn't place my serve return perfectly like can happen using DG-1. It wasn't as helpless on the serve returns.

It's also better out of the package. My one guff with DG-1 was that I felt it played very different out of the package vs. after being used for some time.

I'd say the description given by Spinlord is pretty good: Slightly less passive reversal, but better on chops.

For my defensive setup, I'm definitely going to stick with the DG-2 for a while. The one caveat is that I only played 2 people with it and did some robot work. The people I played against weren't the best of loopers so the real test will be Sunday league, and if Gman or Der_Echte shows up. I'll know more after league this weekend.

Even if this rubber is about the same as DG-1.... if it is indeed more durable, that would be a huge "win." But I can see some advantages to this rubber for choppers and modern defenders.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 16:02 
The King

That sounds like a completely different rubber than my sheet of dg2. Is your sheet tacky/sticky?

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 06:41 

Elvis56 wrote:
That sounds like a completely different rubber than my sheet of dg2. Is your sheet tacky/sticky?

Elvis,

Yes it is. The tack feels more noticable on active shots than passive tho. However I'm going to add an addendum to my post above. I think this rubber plays more controlled and consistent in match play. When I practiced in a contolled environment with a partner drilling only...or with a robot..I felt some of the weirdness you wrote about.

While drilling, my first 2 chops with the dg2 set up went to the left....and I know it wasn't me. To confirm this I switched to p-1r and my chops were definitely moving more towards the BH corner like I was intending. Switched back to dg2 and again ...trajectory towards the forehand side of the table. However, once I adjusted I controlled the dg2 quite nicely and immediately liked the control again. Don't know why I didn't notice this in match play except that my first opponent was a lefty.

Either way I think it's a great pip but there is definitely some adjustment needed.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 09:49 

More time with the DG2. just like any rubber, the more time you spend with it, the more your impression evolves.

I'm really feeling like it is more geared towards chopping. Just as advertised. It's very dampening, and controlled. I feel none of the weirdness now, and I was thinking that was because the initial tack wore off, but I just picked up my bat which had been laying pips down on a Paddle Palace catalog and it picked the darn thing up so it's still got tack.

This is one of the slowest OX pips I've ever chopped with, kind of reminds me of P-1R OX...perhaps a tad slower, and less bouncy (although I never found the P-1R to be very bouncy, but dead). It hits real well, and chop blocks very well, due to being grippier it's not as safe to chop block if you really don't match the speed of the ball. IF DG1 is a 10 for blocking and chop blocking, DG2 would be a 8 to me. IF you can match the spin, I might say DG2 is even better than DG1 at chop blocking because of the slower speed. I find it very dampening. This LP loves active hands.

But make no mistake...it's a chopper. It's better at chopping than DG1 and I find DG1 to chop very well for an OX rubber. I can create more backspin and add to the incoming topspin more with DG2. It's as if Spinlord got together with Gustaf Ericson and Fabian Akerstrom and asked them: "If you could improve DG1 for YOUR game, what would you do?

That being said, I'm still not sure which I like better. DG 2 is going to stay on my Defplay. I think DG2 is easier to use vs. higher level opponents because you can add quality to the serve return, where as DG1 really uses reversal more. But make no mistake there IS reversal, and you can use it for a blocking game.

If you chop more than 60% of the time, I'd go with DG2. IF you block more than 60%, I'd go with DG1. But if you're in between those numbers, I think take your pick, you can make either work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next