OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dornenglanz II
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 16:35 
The King

There must be something wrong with my sheet of DG 2 as it is easily the fastest long pip I have ever tried with no dampening effect at all. Last week I described it to someone as a long pip that plays like a short pip with a very thin sponge which is accurate for the sheet I have.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 20:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Elvis56 wrote:
There must be something wrong with my sheet of DG 2 as it is easily the fastest long pip I have ever tried with no dampening effect at all. Last week I described it to someone as a long pip that plays like a short pip with a very thin sponge which is accurate for the sheet I have.

You should tell them and point them to this thread, so that they can see you're not just a newby who does not understand LPs.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 21:53 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I'll get mine next week and will probably try it on tuesday or thursday. I'll give you my impressions then.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 00:16 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Elvis56 wrote:

That is so surprising. Perhaps it's how it reacts on my defplay? It really absorbs pace.

Sent via Tapatalk

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 06:26 

Elvis56 wrote:

Well I have a BLACK DG2 and its VERY fast, so I agree with you Elvis56, I have tried DG1 in red and that is not so fast at all.

I simply cannnot play with the DG2, actually I would say its the fastest LP I have ever tried, almost imopossible to block or chop block incomming loops.

But I thought it might be because its black?

Well its not for me thats for sure. And I loved DG1....... hmmmm

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 06:47 

Wow, that's insane.

Maybe I'M the one with the weird variant rubber??!

Or, perhaps it's due to 2 things.

1- Blade: I use a defplay, very dampening due to the dwell and flex on passive shots What kind of blade are you using?

2- Style: While I do block, I mostly chop like 80/90% of the time. When I think about it, I think my impression of it's speed vs. DG1 (and other LPs) is derived specifically from when I'm distance chopping. Are you guys chopping or blocking for the most part?

I haven't attempted to block a real hard loop with it close to the table, but I have chop blocked with it and feel it's damn good in that regard.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 11:04 

This has confounded me enough that I looked over on noppentest to see what they are saying there. Seems like there is some differing opinions there as well. Some saying its fast, some slow.
http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=30

Sent via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 13:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
If it's a quality control issue I hope they get it sorted. The speed rating of this rubber is the same as the original Dornenglanz, so it should not really be too far off...

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 01:20 

haggisv wrote:
If it's a quality control issue I hope they get it sorted. The speed rating of this rubber is the same as the original Dornenglanz, so it should not really be too far off...

DG2 is a HELL of a lot faster, I have tried DG1 and DG2 on the same blade, they are not even close in speed.

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 01:53 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

It'll be very interesting to try this rubber out, I might get a chance tomorrow, otherwise later this week.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 06:26 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I received the rubber tonight and immediately glued it on one of my Defplays. I've just done some bounce tests and hit against a wall but comparing side by side with DG1, also mounted on a Defplay, DG2 seems slower. It also grips more compared to DG1. I will have at least a brief hit with it tomorrow, probably a few minutes or so.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 07:02 
The King

I tried my sheet of DG 2 on my slowest defplay tonight. Initially it was still crazy fast even on the slow defplay. Then I cleaned with WD 40, then with cleaning alcohol again and then it was at least playable. Shots went where I wanted them to go and chopping was acceptable. Still it was mostly good at attacking. To me even after all the cleaning it still feels like a short pip with very thin sponge. Similar to palio ck531 but faster and with less disruptive effect.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2016, 17:39 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Okay, so I had about a 30 minute hit with DG2 yesterday on my spare Defplay, I had a new out of the package DG1 on my main Defpaly as well, both with Rakza 7 on the FH, so I had a direct comparison between the two. My sheet of DG2 is definitely slower than DG1, the difference isn't huge but it's very clear and noticeable. It felt slower in every stroke as well, be it chopping, blocking, pushing or what not, bounce test showed the same as well. The speed is inbetween Agenda and DG1 IMO but definitely closer to Agenda. My sheet was slightly tacky, just like DG1, the base sheet is slightly thicker than DG1 and the pips are very widely spaced, definitely wider than DG1. DG2 also comes with a plastic sheet on the pips which makes applying the rubber a lot easier.

I think that the comparison I've heard from both Japsko and I think Spinlord as well is pretty spot on, in playability it's right inbetween DG1 and Agenda. An even more accurate comparison IMO is that it's inbetween DG1 and Zeitgeist, to me it feels very close to Zeitgeist in feeling and also pretty close in how it plays.

It was pretty insensitive to spin on service returns, I was a bit surprised by this since it seemed pretty grippy, no problem at all to control but also not as dangerous as DG1.

Blocking was very controlled and possible to keep pretty short, chop blocking was very consistent as well but I couldn't generate as much spin on these strokes as I can with DG1. When blocking harder attacks it dampened the speed pretty well but it gripped a lot and I had to close the bat angle a bit more than what I'm used to, still pretty easy to keep the ball on the table. It's not a rubber to block passively though, I want to add that.

Chopping was where this rubber really shined, the control was very high and I could get good spin on the ball. What surprised me the most is that I could put a lot of my own spin on the ball if the opponent wasn't giving me any spin and I could use a very inverted-like pushing technique against backspin as well. Keeping the ball low was very easy, especially on no spin and backspin balls. For an ox chopping game I think this is up there with the best I've tried but if you also block and disturb at the table there's better alternatives IMO.

I didn't do much attacking besides lifting backspin, but that was very controlled, not very fast and aggressive though. I can imagine that this rubber is pretty good at attacking with "inverted-like" technique actually, since it can really grip the ball when you hit more aggressively.

In my world this is a great rubber and definitely has a good place in Spinlords line, as well as on the market. The feeling is pretty unique, if you've played Zeitgeist then you probably know what I mean, the widely spaced pips and the hardness of them make them feel very similar to each other.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2016, 11:39 

auzcar wrote:
Okay, so I had about a 30 minute hit with DG2 yesterday on my spare Defplay, I had a new out of the package DG1 on my main Defpaly as well, both with Rakza 7 on the FH, so I had a direct comparison between the two. My sheet of DG2 is definitely slower than DG1, the difference isn't huge but it's very clear and noticeable. It felt slower in every stroke as well, be it chopping, blocking, pushing or what not, bounce test showed the same as well. The speed is inbetween Agenda and DG1 IMO but definitely closer to Agenda. My sheet was slightly tacky, just like DG1, the base sheet is slightly thicker than DG1 and the pips are very widely spaced, definitely wider than DG1. DG2 also comes with a plastic sheet on the pips which makes applying the rubber a lot easier.

I think that the comparison I've heard from both Japsko and I think Spinlord as well is pretty spot on, in playability it's right inbetween DG1 and Agenda. An even more accurate comparison IMO is that it's inbetween DG1 and Zeitgeist, to me it feels very close to Zeitgeist in feeling and also pretty close in how it plays.

It was pretty insensitive to spin on service returns, I was a bit surprised by this since it seemed pretty grippy, no problem at all to control but also not as dangerous as DG1.

Blocking was very controlled and possible to keep pretty short, chop blocking was very consistent as well but I couldn't generate as much spin on these strokes as I can with DG1. When blocking harder attacks it dampened the speed pretty well but it gripped a lot and I had to close the bat angle a bit more than what I'm used to, still pretty easy to keep the ball on the table. It's not a rubber to block passively though, I want to add that.

Chopping was where this rubber really shined, the control was very high and I could get good spin on the ball. What surprised me the most is that I could put a lot of my own spin on the ball if the opponent wasn't giving me any spin and I could use a very inverted-like pushing technique against backspin as well. Keeping the ball low was very easy, especially on no spin and backspin balls. For an ox chopping game I think this is up there with the best I've tried but if you also block and disturb at the table there's better alternatives IMO.

I didn't do much attacking besides lifting backspin, but that was very controlled, not very fast and aggressive though. I can imagine that this rubber is pretty good at attacking with "inverted-like" technique actually, since it can really grip the ball when you hit more aggressively.

In my world this is a great rubber and definitely has a good place in Spinlords line, as well as on the market. The feeling is pretty unique, if you've played Zeitgeist then you probably know what I mean, the widely spaced pips and the hardness of them make them feel very similar to each other.

Auzcar, that jives with my findings. Although perhaps I felt it blocked a little better than you did. Chops great right? Control.

Sent via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016, 21:23 

Blade: Cornilleau Gatien Crown
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0
BH: Hallmark Tactics OX
I tried both DG2 red and black. The black one is faster than red and has less dampening effect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!