OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 07:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Just buy Dawei 388D 0.5 or 1.0 mm and then try it for at least three whole sessions. You will most likely have more reversal and more back spin on chops. And that is a cheap rubber. If it does not work better, try D.TecS in 0.9 mm. Then you can come back with more questions. But you must try these for your own. You cannot ask another question here before that. OK?

Last edited by Def-attack on 13 Sep 2015, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 07:42 

The dawei and globe I have are pretty similar. If someone wants to try high reversal rubber, they should just get d.tecs ox if they block at the table or 0.5 if they chop. Any thicker and it's going to be too fast, and sponge that thin isn't going to make the biggest difference anyway.

High reversal or not, it's not going to make someone's game that much better. The problem is the mindset that if only I had this rubber or that I can forego learning any skills.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 08:48 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Once again the questions you are asking have been answered a hundred times all over the internet, you need to start searching before you throw questions around willy nilly.

I also feel like you don't know what you want from your LP, so you really need to try a few very different ones and then go from there.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 10:15 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Agree with everyone, but,

Should have been told backward,

Your 979, 388d1, and Dtech play similar, and,

Deception / spin control / spin manipulation potential is in contrast with spin reversal potential, “it goes both ways”.

Curl P3 Alpha or Bomb Talent has more reversal,
FL 2 or Galaxy 955 has even more reversal, and
DrN SuperBlock and Pogo is King of reversal

But your ability to put spin on the ball will be suffered

Dr Evil is more easier for spin manipulation, but,

No lazy hand, the ball will pop up. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 14:14 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
And stick with the FL3 OX you already purchased ....

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 19:58 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
I have been using globe 979 in 1.0mm sponge for about 5 years. I want more reversal.

What do you understand when you say "reversal"? In other words: What do you mean with it?

@others: No need to lecture people, guys: it'll only have a contrary effect.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 20:55 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
I have been using globe 979 in 1.0mm sponge for about 5 years. I want more reversal.

What do you understand when you say "reversal"? In other words: What do you mean with it?

@others: No need to lecture people, guys: it'll only have a contrary effect.

Thanks Lorre. I just want help. Because my coach is no longer with us at the club and he played with long pimples but he's no longer there to speak to for help.
When I say reversal. I mean when I chop the ball, I want something with more spin reversal. Something that will be difficult for my opponent to play against. And put their shots in the net or off the end. I do believe grass dtecS is good for this. Can you attack with it to if needs be?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 21:35 

Blade: Joo Saehyuk
FH: Various 1.5-2.2 :)
BH: Grass D.TecS ox
Hello,

Here's my sample video with JSHyuk blade + Grass dTecS (black, ox) On forehand Spinlord Marder 1.5mm red color. I am in black t-shirt and red shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvmy9ECyvsM

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)
Best regards

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 21:54 
Super User

domacc wrote:
Hello,

Here's my sample video with JSHyuk blade + Grass dTecS (black, ox) On forehand Spinlord Marder 1.5mm red color. I am in black t-shirt and red shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvmy9ECyvsM

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)
Best regards

Thank you! Great video. Your style is great.
I love your aggressive punches and you can hit with it too!

How do you find it works when chopping? Would you recommend using sponge under it?

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 04:28 

domacc looks like pretty skilled player. He can hit pretty hard with d.tecs because he's skilled, not because of anything about d.tecs. Sort of like Ma Long can chop or do anything with whatever he's using, but you (or I) can't.

Most novice d.tecs users will hold their racket still and broadly aim for the middle of the table, and because of the low throw plus spin insensitivity a lot of returns will land with much reversal no matter what the opponent does. This passive "stroke" is its strength.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 04:53 

Blade: Joo Saehyuk
FH: Various 1.5-2.2 :)
BH: Grass D.TecS ox
For this level Dtecs without sponge is best option, it can generate very much backspin 'by itself'. I play rarely far from table, but even when I get away, I can generate high amount of backspin, even bigger than with rubber with sponge. I tried 0.5, 0.6, 1.0 and 1.2mm rubbers like P-1R, Globe 979, Dawei 388D-1 and none of them with sponge gave me so high backspin as grass d tecs ox version on xfilm klebefolie from Mark Kohler (ttdd.de) give.
I would NOT recommend sponge for this level of play. Also my teammate plays with Dornenglanz on his backhand (big guy, red t-shirt) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAD_zV6LAI

Best regards

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 05:17 

For choppers (not most LP players who stand near the table) some sponge is useful to change the spin, especially against backspin. Relying only on reversal is dangerous against better players who can set you up for finishes. At the table you can get way with it by varying the angles/speed.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 05:26 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
Thanks Lorre. I just want help. Because my coach is no longer with us at the club and he played with long pimples but he's no longer there to speak to for help.
When I say reversal. I mean when I chop the ball, I want something with more spin reversal. Something that will be difficult for my opponent to play against. And put their shots in the net or off the end. I do believe grass dtecS is good for this. Can you attack with it to if needs be?

I always advise players depending on their training regime. If someone is really into it and trains a lot and wants to become a chopper, then P1-R with 0,5mm sponge is always my advice. It'll serve them in the long run in different thicknesses.

You, however, already play for five years. In that time you should be able to chop with 1mm. I also read some reviews about the Globe 979. It isn't the best when it comes to generating backspin, so you might have a point here. My advise: P1-R 1mm and stick with it.

If you'd go with the Dtecs, keep in mind you depend more on the spin of your opponent than you probably are now. Both because it is less grippy and thinner in sponge. It's also very fast and has less control than with what you're playing now. Despite these tradebacks it's still a very good chopping rubber, although designed for a different set of hands than P1-R.

I never played Globe 979, but reading the reviews, both will generate more spin reversal than your Globe 979.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 05:37 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

I always advise players depending on their training regime. If someone is really into it and trains a lot and wants to become a chopper, then P1-R with 0,5mm sponge is always my advice. It'll serve them in the long run in different thicknesses.

You, however, already play for five years. In that time you should be able to chop with 1mm. I also read some reviews about the Globe 979. It isn't the best when it comes to generating backspin, so you might have a point here. My advise: P1-R 1mm and stick with it.

If you'd go with the Dtecs, keep in mind you depend more on the spin of your opponent than you probably are now. Both because it is less grippy and thinner in sponge. It's also very fast and has less control than with what you're playing now. Despite these tradebacks it's still a very good chopping rubber, although designed for a different set of hands than P1-R.

I never played Globe 979, but reading the reviews, both will generate more spin reversal than your Globe 979.

I will take on this advice. Thank you!

If I was to test the dtecS would you suggest I try it in OX or with sponge? Because I've been using 979 with 1.0mm sponge. If you think I'd be better trying dtecs with sponge how thick should I go?

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 05:42 

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Globe 979 has more grip than d.tecs and less than p1r. P1r is a chopping rubber which needs full swings and not good for reversal. Chopping away from the table gets hard above a certain level once opponents learn to take control of a point. There's good reason why successful amateur choppers are so rare.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next