OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2015, 23:00 
Super User

Has anyone ever tried the dtecS on the Joo se hyuk blade?

Because I mostly 'chop push' and chop when back from the table, would dtecs on the joo blade work? And would I be best using 0.5mm sponge thickness?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 00:09 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
i was using it, without sponge
its playable, nothing special... grass behaves normaly as on anyother blade. its fast, but u can control it after a while

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 00:17 
Super User

garbol wrote:
its playable, nothing special... grass behaves normaly as on anyother blade. its fast, but u can control it after a while

What do you mean by nothing special?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 03:57 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
It was quite magical with the celluloid ball. With the plastic ball I found it "so so" (at least with the seamed plastic balls). I've used the black 1,2mm version.
If the EJ bug is biting, you have to search (search: "the beast").

I've read a couple of your posts and although I understand and know the feeling of what you're trying to find - I've searched for it myself - it doesn't exist. It's like finding the perfect love. At least if you define "perfect" by having all perfect attributes (e.g. having maximum spin reversal, maximum spin manipulation,...). Once you learn that imperfection can be perfection, you'll find peace - in TT and in love. My P1-R manipulates the spin very well (not maximally), but it doesn't reverse. I forgive it for that and it's still the perfect rubber for me. No, I'm not drunk, nor under drug influence: there's some wisdom in my words. I hope you find it.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 04:32 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
It was quite magical with the celluloid ball. With the plastic ball I found it "so so" (at least with the seamed plastic balls). I've used the black 1,2mm version.

I've read a couple of your posts and although I understand and know the feeling of what you're trying to find - I've searched for it myself - it doesn't exist. It's like finding the perfect love. At least if you define "perfect" by having all perfect attributes (e.g. having maximum spin reversal, maximum spin manipulation,...). Once you learn that imperfection can be perfection, you'll find peace - in TT and in love. My P1-R manipulates the spin very well (not maximally), but it doesn't reverse. I forgive it for that and it's still the perfect rubber for me. No, I'm not drunk, nor under drug influence: there's some wisdom in my words. I hope you find it.

Thank you Lorre. That is very much appreciated.
If I was to try the dtecS on the Joo blade, do you think a sponge of 0.5mm would be good for it I mostly chop? I 'chop push 'at the table and step back and chop mid rally.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 09:09 

ridderz65 wrote:
Lorre wrote:

If I was to try the dtecS on the Joo blade, do you think a sponge of 0.5mm would be good for it I mostly chop? I 'chop push 'at the table and step back and chop mid rally.

Joo blade is pretty fast and D.tecs is pretty fast. Unless you're also pretty good it's hard to control for simple shots responsible for the outcome of most points. It's like amateurs asking which type of Tenergy to get. Doesn't matter because they will all result in same unforced errors.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 09:55 
Super User

Grass 0.5 mm is fast even on my matsushita blade, whch is quite slow and soft, so on the joo se hyuk (which is a lot faster and harder) will be very fast, very spin insensitive, with a lot of reversal and almost no grip at all. You will be able to attack backspin very well and chop spinny loops very well, but you will find almost impossible to create your own spin.

As the others said, it can be a fantastic racket or a terrible racket, depending of what you want... everything can be good or can be terrible for anybody depending on how they play with it; for example i could like that racket because i'm not so good with very grippy pimples, but many others may say it's unplayable because it has no grip on the ball.
You have to personally try to understand if something is good or not for you, and after you try 2-3 different combinations you will understand the difference between the paddles and you will understand what you want. Then the most important thing is sticking with the same racket for a long time...
I say this assuming that one already has the basics of the game, otherwise one must first learn how to play decently and only then he can worry a lot about the paddle.

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 15:57 
Super User

RevanII wrote:
Grass 0.5 mm is fast even on my matsushita blade, whch is quite slow and soft, so on the joo se hyuk (which is a lot faster and harder) will be very fast, very spin insensitive, with a lot of reversal and almost no grip at all. You will be able to attack backspin very well and chop spinny loops very well, but you will find almost impossible to create your own spin.

As the others said, it can be a fantastic racket or a terrible racket, depending of what you want... everything can be good or can be terrible for anybody depending on how they play with it; for example i could like that racket because i'm not so good with very grippy pimples, but many others may say it's unplayable because it has no grip on the ball.
You have to personally try to understand if something is good or not for you, and after you try 2-3 different combinations you will understand the difference between the paddles and you will understand what you want. Then the most important thing is sticking with the same racket for a long time...
I say this assuming that one already has the basics of the game, otherwise one must first learn how to play decently and only then he can worry a lot about the paddle.

I understand what you are saying. Thank you for your advice.
Would you say that it would be slower on the joo blade with more or less sponge?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:17 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:
garbol wrote:

i mean its behaves similar on other blades. grass is good on jsh, grass is good on donic defplay, grass is good on bfly spirit.
one of best deception, good reversal. grass is grass. no matter what blade i will use.
on jsh its faster than on vkm or defplay but its playable, after some time u can used to it.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:21 
Super User

garbol wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
garbol wrote:

i mean its behaves similar on other blades. grass is good on jsh, grass is good on donic defplay, grass is good on bfly spirit.
one of best deception, good reversal. grass is grass. no matter what blade i will use.
on jsh its faster than on vkm or defplay but its playable, after some time u can used to it.

For chop pushing/pushing closer to the table and chopping from further back would you suggest sponge or no sponge? If sponge what thickness?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:43 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:
For chop pushing/pushing closer to the table and chopping from further back would you suggest sponge or no sponge? If sponge what thickness?

generally for close to the table better is OX
and for chopping farther away better is sponged

u should try to find balance between it :)
i would suggest u OX or 0.5mm

if u are new to pips its better to buy:
dawei 388D-1 OX
dawei 388D-1 0.5mm
dawei 388D-1 1.0mm
those 3 pips togather are cheaper than 1 grass d.tec :)
u could test them and decide after tests what is better for you (thick, thin or no sponge)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:45 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ridderz65 wrote:

If you'd chop (push) I'd go for the 2.0mm version, preferably in dark red. :D

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:49 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Imagine the catapult! ;)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 20:21 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ridderz65 wrote:
Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Imagine the catapult! ;)

:D Good one!
Just trying to make clear the questions you ask are a bit pointless. Garbol and I think Revan in the other thread gave you all (now known) general knowledge and advice there is to LPs. The rest is trying and feeling. Let me ask you this: are you new to LP (i.e. how long do you play with them)? If you already have played them, what LP you played with? Most importantly: what did you feel you lacked?

BTW: chop push = chop block? or chop push = push?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 00:28 
Super User

If you'd chop (push) I'd go for the 2.0mm version, preferably in dark red. :D[/quote]

Imagine the catapult! ;)[/quote]

:D Good one!
Just trying to make clear the questions you ask are a bit pointless. Garbol and I think Revan in the other thread gave you all (now known) general knowledge and advice there is to LPs. The rest is trying and feeling. Let me ask you this: are you new to LP (i.e. how long do you play with them)? If you already have played them, what LP you played with? Most importantly: what did you feel you lacked?

BTW: chop push = chop block? or chop push = push?[/quote]

I have been using globe 979 in 1.0mm sponge for about 5 years. I want more reversal.