OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 02:32 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Ridderz, all of the rubbers Lorre posted will work and are the standards for best chopping rubbers. DefAttack gave you a perfect synopsis of the qualifiers that might affect your choice.

But one question: are you OX chopping or using sponge? For OX, DG is the best IMO for both passive and active play.

Also, for sponged chopping, cheaper alternatives are just as good: 388d (as mentioned), Neptune, cloud and fog 3, 755, etc. Just a matter of adjusting. Personally, with sponge, I am all about P-1R....been using it too long. Had I started with the cheaper alternatives I bet I'd be just as used to and effective with them, but with more money in the bank.

Japsican,
Since the introduction of the new ball, I've read that Long pimples players are benefitting from pimples that have good control. For example ones that tend to keep you in the rally longer and are good at placement. It's said that placement and consistency are doing better than say reversal/disruption. People are looking for LP that give you that great placement and lots of consistency along with still good backspin on loops and are still fairly tricky to play against. I wondered if Easy P could be the answer. Or Hellfire. Just because these seem to be LP with good consistency.

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 05:20 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

ridderz65 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Ridderz, all of the rubbers Lorre posted will work and are the standards for best chopping rubbers. DefAttack gave you a perfect synopsis of the qualifiers that might affect your choice.

But one question: are you OX chopping or using sponge? For OX, DG is the best IMO for both passive and active play.

Also, for sponged chopping, cheaper alternatives are just as good: 388d (as mentioned), Neptune, cloud and fog 3, 755, etc. Just a matter of adjusting. Personally, with sponge, I am all about P-1R....been using it too long. Had I started with the cheaper alternatives I bet I'd be just as used to and effective with them, but with more money in the bank.

Japsican,
Since the introduction of the new ball, I've read that Long pimples players are benefitting from pimples that have good control. For example ones that tend to keep you in the rally longer and are good at placement. It's said that placement and consistency are doing better than say reversal/disruption. People are looking for LP that give you that great placement and lots of consistency along with still good backspin on loops and are still fairly tricky to play against. I wondered if Easy P could be the answer. Or Hellfire. Just because these seem to be LP with good consistency.

Since I use and sell EASY P. I won't say EASY P is the best one out there.

I agree that what let you put balls on the table low and often has advantage with plastic ball.
That's why I only gave you a short answer about spin reversal in our pm. You keep it low with plastic ball - they can't loop kill you. Keep it on the table more often and they will kill themselves.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 05:24 
Super User

Bogeyhunter wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Japsican,

Since I use and sell EASY P. I won't say EASY P is the best one out there.

I agree that what let you put balls on the table low and often has advantage with plastic ball.
That's why I only gave you a short answer about spin reversal in our pm. You keep it low with plastic ball - they can't loop kill you. Keep it on the table more often and they will kill themselves.

So for consistency at getting the ball back often is Easy P one of the best out there? Or are there others that will be good?
P1-R will always be the best at chopping modern D though I think don't you?

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 05:53 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

ridderz65 wrote:

OH NO. BIG NO.

At pro level yes. But me... now at 2 hrs per month of playing pong.
I'll pick EASY P over P1-r in a heart beat......don't even have to think.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 06:08 
Super User

Bogeyhunter wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

OH NO. BIG NO.

At pro level yes. But me... now at 2 hrs per month of playing pong.
I'll pick EASY P over P1-r in a heart beat......don't even have to think.

I see. I'm playing about 6 hours a week at the moment. Using P1-R.
I'm just looking for ssomething that will trouble my opponent, is consistent at getting it back often and good control for easier placement. Easy P I will try. Bogey can you suggest anything else?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 06:43 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Hello everyone! I know that the big boys like curl p1r and etc. Are the best lps that excel in chopping, but among the cheaper pips out there, what lps are the best? Think neptune, 388d/1, meteorite, etc.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 07:31 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
i will add up here for thisa question.

Which LP OX particularly excel at chopping??

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 10:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Danthespearton wrote:
Hello everyone! I know that the big boys like curl p1r and etc. Are the best lps that excel in chopping, but among the cheaper pips out there, what lps are the best? Think neptune, 388d/1, meteorite, etc.

388d and 388d-1 are great
The GD Meteorite is soooo good, but a little bouncy to me on bumps.
Neptune was nice but a tad fast if I recall.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 10:18 

garbol wrote:

DG and Giant Dragon meteorite....without a doubt. 388d was nice too.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 10:56 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Palio CK531a deserves a mention - I believe that's what Sun Jian Fei uses in OX. Very cheap :)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 12:54 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
How about in sponge ranging from 0.5 to 0.8? This is considering cheaper lps.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 21:33 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
garbol wrote:

388D has about 50% less backspin comparing to DG.

i have old sheet of meteorite, oka i will test it :)

Quote:
Palio CK531a deserves a mention - I believe that's what Sun Jian Fei uses in OX. Very cheap :)

yes i agree :)
but im still looking for something better :)
palio is hard to control vs no spin pushes

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 00:25 

50%? Are you sure it wasn't your opponent not feeding you enough spin? It behaved very close to DG vs the same opponent, heavy looper.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 01:01 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
garbol wrote:
Japsican wrote:
garbol wrote:

388D has about 50% less backspin comparing to DG.

i have old sheet of meteorite, oka i will test it :)

Quote:

yes i agree :)
but im still looking for something better :)
palio is hard to control vs no spin pushes

Quest for 'something better' is pretty much endless, so I guess you'll have to try(catch) them all :)...

The way I solved this problem (for myself) is by deciding that there is more to 'how well rubber/blade X chops' than just rubber itself - where you are relative to the table/ball, what ball you gave to your opponent on the previous shot, how your stroke looks etc. In other words, I can feel great in practice chopping loops on BH, but in a match I frequently find myself either pushing/blocking close to the table or unable to defend against the first attack because I did not drop back and/or gave my opponent an easy ball to attack. At that point your rubber does not really matter much, I think.

So, at least in my case, I need to fix this first, and then decide how to deal with the fact that Rubber X gets marginally more backspin than rubber Y according to forum reviews. May be after playing with Y for a month it is actually better for your game, after you adjusted to it, who knows...

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 02:26 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
Quest for 'something better' is pretty much endless, so I guess you'll have to try(catch) them all :)...

The way I solved this problem (for myself) is by deciding that there is more to 'how well rubber/blade X chops' than just rubber itself - where you are relative to the table/ball, what ball you gave to your opponent on the previous shot, how your stroke looks etc. In other words, I can feel great in practice chopping loops on BH, but in a match I frequently find myself either pushing/blocking close to the table or unable to defend against the first attack because I did not drop back and/or gave my opponent an easy ball to attack. At that point your rubber does not really matter much, I think.

So, at least in my case, I need to fix this first, and then decide how to deal with the fact that Rubber X gets marginally more backspin than rubber Y according to forum reviews. May be after playing with Y for a month it is actually better for your game, after you adjusted to it, who knows...

that's why i collect answers and pick top3 or top5 best OX LP for chopping and test them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next