OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 01:54 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
It seems that at some point, many (most, still, in the UK) players end up using Tenergy, and once they do, they tend not to go back. This is notwithstanding sponsorship deals, which accounts for the popularity of MX-P and Bluefire. Is DtecS the equivalent for close-to-the-table LP users?

For inverted users, it's often suggested that the player learn on a slower, less demanding rubber, but once they're ready for the big time, Tenergy is the place to go. Is this the case for DtecS? I've not used it for more than a few games, and that was on a friend's setup. I couldn't get on with it at all, but I didn't give it a lot of time. However, it seems to be the one that everyone gravitates to.... perhaps via an "easier" LP.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 02:55 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
That's probably a fair statement for close-to-the-table blockers. When pushblockers review LPs, they almost always at some point compare it to Dtecs as a standard. Partially because it's been the most successful LP for that style, but it's also the most popular. It's the slick LPs yardstick by which all others are measured. It's always "DG vs. Dtecs...Talon vs. Dtecs." You less often hear people say..."well that DG had more reversal than Donic Piranja" or whatever.

Personally, I actually felt Dtecs were not so difficult to use, just expensive.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 07:49 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
for pushblocking style dtec is a must. its gives most often random spin with similar strokes.
eg. u push a push with ur dtecs and sometimes it will be no spin ball and sometimes i will reverse spin
even if u do the same push vs push
for me dtecs isnt pure spin reversal LP its more like most deception

important fact is.. if u progress and progress and become a better player and face up better players
u will see that deception isnt enough. in this case pure spin reversal is better

thats why most high OX LP players are playing with spin reversal pips (eg. liu song with bomb talent, fabian akerstrom with dornenglanz, sun jian fei with palio)

and ofc with ur level going up u should be using ur fh attack more often

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 16:45 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Japsican wrote:

Try it on a fast OFF+ blade and tell me how you fare. :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 22:18 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Haha :lol: , although to be fair ANY OX pip on an OFF+ blade would be difficult!

I did play it on the offensive side of my Aurora, but I'm not sure how real the OFF is on that blade.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 00:55 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

I did this today. Played doubles with my friend who uses DtecS on a carbon OFF+. I used his spare (identical) setup. I found it very disturbing to the opponent but hard to keep the ball low. Reversal wasn't spectacular, in my view, though.

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 02:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
LordCope wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

I did this today. Played doubles with my friend who uses DtecS on a carbon OFF+. I used his spare (identical) setup. I found it very disturbing to the opponent but hard to keep the ball low. Reversal wasn't spectacular, in my view, though.

In that case you either weren't receiving enough topspin, or you weren't hitting them right ;) You actually don't get spectacular reversal on all shots though, and that's the point. Someone who doesn't read the actual spin on the ball is always guessing as to how to hit their shot...and that's why Dtecs stuffs 'em up. A lot of course depends on how its used also. Takes experience to really use it well..like most things.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 15:07 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
I beat a good 2 year DtecS user yesterday with Globe 979 that I only been using 2 weeks, both of us OX, playing close to table.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed