OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 06:27 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
rokphish2 wrote:
As an EJ, I know better not to press other not to EJ. I didn't listen to others before when I'm on EJ mode, so I'm sure others would be in similar response as well. I usually encouraged/warned others once against it, but if they continue, so be it.

Yes, doing nothing is also not the answer. You never know how someone will respond. In the end you might not save most of the EJ's, but at least a couple of them.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 14:50 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Well, to add,

I am leaning to say,

Nothing wrong with EJ, but,

Everything wrong to overspent Yourself. ;)

Just like what We are doing in golf,

That what Friends are for, satisfying each Others curiousity. ;)

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 17:50 

Hellfire rubber is way much slower than Dornenglanze.
For chopping, you are able to stand closer to the table.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 21:58 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
It never helps in the immediate. Just plant the message and it will ring true in the future at some point.

Even now, I just traded my Joo blade with MadTurk so I can finally try the VKM for an extended time. :rock:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 02:23 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Let me know when you want to unload the VKM 8-)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 02:59 

Blade: Matsushita Pro AL
FH: Tenergy 80 2.1
BH: Easy P Long Pips 1.0
It would be nice to come on this thread and see some opinions given about the difference between Dornenglanz and Hellfire.
Instead we get a couple of trolls who think they are amazing at table tennis just because they are 2200 or 2300. Who cares
if this guy changed his rubber everyday, he wants to know the difference between 2 different rubbers. If he was Sun Jian Fei
with a 2750 forehand it probably wound not matter, but for the 2300 and under player minor long pips adjustments have a
different feel on the ball and can make a difference. I have been chopping with Dornenglanz OX for 2 years now and I am not
totally satisfied with how it chop against underspin or deadballs. I can do it, but the control is not the best. Yes, I could train
7 hours a day 6 days a week and be a better player, but I have 5 kids and own my own business, so I was thinking maybe Hellfire
could add a little more control when chopping against underspin or deadballs, being that they are different pip structures
and rubber ingredients.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 03:03 
Super User

Atlchopper wrote:
It would be nice to come on this thread and see some opinions given about the difference between Dornenglanz and Hellfire.
Instead we get a couple of trolls who think they are amazing at table tennis just because they are 2200 or 2300. Who cares
if this guy changed his rubber everyday, he wants to know the difference between 2 different rubbers. If he was Sun Jian Fei
with a 2750 forehand it probably wound not matter, but for the 2300 and under player minor long pips adjustments have a
different feel on the ball and can make a difference. I have been chopping with Dornenglanz OX for 2 years now and I am not
totally satisfied with how it chop against underspin or deadballs. I can do it, but the control is not the best. Yes, I could train
7 hours a day 6 days a week and be a better player, but I have 5 kids and own my own business, so I was thinking maybe Hellfire
could add a little more control when chopping against underspin or deadballs, being that they are different pip structures
and rubber ingredients.

Thank you for your response! I'm actually now playing with Spike P2. How are you finding the P1 Spike?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 06:45 
Joo Too
Joo Too

A troll blaming others to be a troll... This should be fun. :party:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 21:52 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
haha, in that note i would say get a babysitter and train more :lol:

on a more serious note, hellfire is much slower rubber than DG...with more grip...that is what i know, but i dont know what that mean for chopping, i only chop blocked with them...

so i suppose with hellfire you would have more control and be more able to impart your spin on the ball, but will also be more sensitive on the opponent spin...(i am so smart when advising others :rock: )

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 22:43 
Super User

Atlchopper wrote:
... minor long pips adjustments have a
different feel on the ball and can make a difference. ...

Last week in league play, I lost to Player A in a deuce in 5th game. Get blown away by Player B 0-3. Last night, played the same 2 players with a different paddle (different blade and rubbers). Beat Player A 3-0. Still lost to Player B 0-3 but all 3 games were much closer.

We've all heard someone says go practice more and not worry about equipment. But for LP players, it does make some differences.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 00:54 
Joo Too
Joo Too

fazer227 wrote:
We've all heard someone says go practice more and not worry about equipment. But for LP players, it does make some differences.

Yes, it does, but the attributes wanted in a LP for a high level player are very different than those for a lower leveled player. The first needs control, so he can actively work (with) the ball. The second asks for passive disturbance effect, which until a certain level works. After that level it works against the player. That's why higher level players put an emphasis on control and training to get the most out of that control.

As I understand it ridderz wants to be a chopper and being a chopper requires a lot of training or he'll reach a ceiling when reaching a certain level (no good technique to manipulate the ball, nor at that level disturbance effect will still be working).

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 04:43 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
fazer227 wrote:
Last week in league play, I lost to Player A in a deuce in 5th game. Get blown away by Player B 0-3. Last night, played the same 2 players with a different paddle (different blade and rubbers). Beat Player A 3-0. Still lost to Player B 0-3 but all 3 games were much closer.

What fazer describes is an experiment in which many variables are changed simultaneously. Between one night and the next, the following variables changed:

- rubbers
- blade
- each player (tiredness, mood, nutrition, hydration, etc)
- tactics
- experience
- quite possibly humidity and temperature

So it's nothing more than cognitive bias to attribute the difference in result purely or even majoritatively to the equipment. Yes, doubtless, it's a variable, but without controlled circumstances (which are very difficult to achieve) you can't state with any degree of confidence that it was the most significant variable.

Note I'm categorically not saying that changing equipment makes no difference. It manifestly does.

What I am saying is that it makes a very small difference compared to the human operating it. And those differences are very quickly absorbed by our neuroplasticity.

As an example I played my team mate this week using a very slow blade with 2 x Dr Evil. For the first five minutes it was way way too slow and I couldn't land my shots where I wanted. After a few games I was completely used to it, hitting FH and BH winners comfortably.

I then changed back to my regular setup. Now it was way way too fast. I had to adjust, and within a game I had adjusted.

I'm not questioning the value of understanding the different characteristics of rubbers. I'm interested in this too. But the context of this original post was as one of a series of questions in which the OP was effectively asking: which rubber is best for chopping. The question is meaningless. He could learn and be equally effective with any rubber within a broad family, and in the case of hellfire and dornenglanz, we're very much talking about rubbers with very similar features and design goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk