OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Blades for LPs
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 05:45 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
Is the mushy feeling from the blade or the Sponge on the LP? I think sponged LP (especially in 1.2) are mushy feeling compared to OX or inverted if that is what you are used to.

You can chop with Ox also. I rarely chop, only for fun/goofing off, or if I'm in trouble and have to back off the table.
DG as an easy to chop OX LP. I briefly tried ck531a and it was easy to chop with in ox. Just about everything else I've tried was not as easy as those two but not too bad and way easier than inverted.

Maybe .5 is a nice medium compromise you are looking for to avoid the mushy feeling.

What is wrong with the Joo se Hyuk?
Sounds like sound advice if you want to chop.

Top blades that i notice defenders/choppers mention are Joo Se Hyuk, Defplay, and the Victas Koji Matsushita.
There are the occasional mentions of the Lissom.

Are you balking because of the price?
Or because the one you tried with sponged LP was mushy feeling?

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 21:30 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
The VKM is not mushy either...worth a shot. It's harder/stiffer than the Defplay...noticbly. The Joo is the harderst and stiffest of them all. I just didn't like it...too fast form my style as well.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2016, 08:25 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Ehimle wrote:
Is the mushy feeling from the blade or the Sponge on the LP? I think sponged LP (especially in 1.2) are mushy feeling compared to OX or inverted if that is what you are used to.

You can chop with Ox also. I rarely chop, only for fun/goofing off, or if I'm in trouble and have to back off the table.
DG as an easy to chop OX LP. I briefly tried ck531a and it was easy to chop with in ox. Just about everything else I've tried was not as easy as those two but not too bad and way easier than inverted.

Maybe .5 is a nice medium compromise you are looking for to avoid the mushy feeling.

What is wrong with the Joo se Hyuk?
Sounds like sound advice if you want to chop.

Top blades that i notice defenders/choppers mention are Joo Se Hyuk, Defplay, and the Victas Koji Matsushita.
There are the occasional mentions of the Lissom.

Are you balking because of the price?
Or because the one you tried with sponged LP was mushy feeling?

Well, there's price, and I don't have a very good touch, so out goes the joo :oops: and I heard that some people complain about the high throw on the defplay because of the flex, (HATE high throw) and it's supposed to be like 5.3 thickness, right? I don't like blades that thin, I've tried blades around 5.2 - 6.0 at a recreational center, I prefer 5.8 to 6.2. My own paddle is a recreational level premade carbon racket, normal size, inverted both sides, thickness of my cheap crappy blade is somewhere around my preferred range :P Never heard about the Matsushita, will look it up, thanks!

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 00:31 
Super User

I highly recommend the Victas Koji Matsushita blade as well. It is a great blade! I've stuck with it for a few years now after using the Defplay for a few years before that. It is not as flexy as the Defplay but the top ply is softer giving a better feel on BH and FH chops. My FH offensive shots are more effective with the VKM as well.

If it matters, my VKM weighs 90g. I've used a friend's VKM that was much lighter (<83g), and it felt less solid on offensive strokes. I much prefer my heavier VKM (though I am quite used to it of course).

USATT Rating: 2013

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 00:16 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
If you're looking at the VKM, it is a killer deal on TT11 right now.
54 euros. That's as cheap as ordering from Japan. But you can get free shipping if you add Rubber.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 20:08 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I play with Nittaku Goriki blade and Hellfire OX rubber.. for me nice combination.
:muscle:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 22:47 

Nowadays I think the things are changing. A chopper doesn't need a slow blade to chop with, but a fast one. With the new polyball I personally think that the trend will be OFF blade for all ox lp users (every style included). OX pips are less effective on slow blades, giving more time and opportuinities to opponents to make holes on your table side.

Hitomi Sato won the Croatia Open 2016 chopping with a blade that seems the BTY Innerforce AL, an OFF blade with 2 layers of carbon.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 05:14 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
CelestialBoy wrote:
Nowadays I think the things are changing. A chopper doesn't need a slow blade to chop with, but a fast one. With the new polyball I personally think that the trend will be OFF blade for all ox lp users (every style included). OX pips are less effective on slow blades, giving more time and opportuinities to opponents to make holes on your table side.

Hitomi Sato won the Croatia Open 2016 chopping with a blade that seems the BTY Innerforce AL, an OFF blade with 2 layers of carbon.

Less effective is relative. Depends on what you want your rubber to do. If I want variation, a faster/harder blade with less dwell might be "less effective." Higher dwell gives a classic chopper more abilit to manipulate the spin on chops and pushes.

DG in OX on a hard blade is great for chopping, and sends massive spin back...but only if your opponent feeds you spin in the first place. For variation, you need to use your inverted rubber (or SPs if you got them on your FH) to make it less predictable. And yes, the speed helps because your opponent has less time to react. But people adjust to that faster than variation IMO.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 07:27 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
CelestialBoy wrote:

Agree.

After the "infamous" Double Carbon Anna, used by Chtchetinine, chopper blade keep getting harder. ;)

Joo Se Hyuk and VKMO is not that slow

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk