OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 22:38 
Super User

Hi Guys

I have been Using Dtechs 0,5 for quite some time and really Like it for chopping but find it difficult to use over the table Against no spin balls.
Would P1R be easier to use on these shots ?

I Can se that P1R is very popular with choppers - is this just the Best for a chopping game ?
I fear that it Will very spin sensitive in service returns ?

Hos Will u return short underspin serves with This rubber ?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 00:05 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Haven't used P1r much or for a long time. Haven't even used Dtecs on sponge (or sponge on anything else for ages).

I would stick with the Dtecs if you are liking it for most things though and learn to play the shots you are lacking on. Short no spin balls, I'd practice your touch on just bumping them back off the bounce to tough angled spots. Similar approach to short underspin serves, which you can either slide the blade further under in the bump to negate the underspin (ie. return your own no spin), or roll it back over with a fairly straight bat pushed forward.

Changing to a different pip like P1r is risky given it has different playing characteristics to Dtecs. If you really want to try another pip, try Viper which is like a slower version of Dtecs. This will keep you with a pip that plays in a similar way to Dtecs.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 01:31 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
P-1R is more grippy than Dtecs for sure, but it's all a give an take. Does it handle no-spin better? Yes, I think so. But it's also more spin senstive for everything else. That being said, I do not consider it to be as grippy or spin-senstive as people say. I find p-1r, in 0.5 to be less grippy to either Feint's, Easy P, or 755. More grippy than dtecs, badman, pogo, talon.

Do you twiddle? If so, that's your best bet. If you can train in and incorporate a twiddle, no-spin balls become less problematic less often, and your opponent will quit feeding those to you the minute you attack those.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 01:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Japsican wrote:
P-1R is more grippy than Dtecs for sure, but it's all a give an take. Does it handle no-spin better? Yes, I think so. But it's also more spin senstive for everything else. That being said, I do not consider it to be as grippy or spin-senstive as people say. I find p-1r, in 0.5 to be less grippy to either Feint's, Easy P, or 755. More grippy than dtecs, badman, pogo, talon.

Do you twiddle? If so, that's your best bet. If you can train in and incorporate a twiddle, no-spin balls become less problematic less often, and your opponent will quit feeding those to you the minute you attack those.

Great response Japs :clap:

(mental note: I really must start practicing my twiddle for more than just serves....hmmm, probably would help if I practiced at all :P :lol: ).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 02:05 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Tenergy05fx wrote:

I Can se that P1R is very popular with choppers - is this just the Best for a chopping game ?

Yes.
It depends, but most will say "yes".
It's "spin sensitive" for a LP, but it's not a SP or inverted.
Like you return short underspin serves with your current rubber. The balls will be less dangerous, but you'll have better control (given your technique is sound).

I switched two years ago from DTecs to P1-R. You'll compensate DTecs randomness with P1-R steadiness. Once you master P1-R it will even more dangerous for your opponent, because you can change the spin more.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 03:25 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Tenergy05fx wrote:

Yes.
It depends, but most will say "yes".
It's "spin sensitive" for a LP, but it's not a SP or inverted.
Like you return short underspin serves with your current rubber. The balls will be less dangerous, but you'll have better control (given your technique is sound).

I switched two years ago from DTecs to P1-R. You'll compensate DTecs randomness with P1-R steadiness. Once you master P1-R it will even more dangerous for your opponent, because you can change the spin more.

I have a sheet of P1R 0,5 in my cupboard so I would like to try it out before season starts - I know that i have to give it some time...

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 06:56 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Tenergy05fx wrote:
I know that i have to give it some time...

Very important. Let it grow on you. I took me four months before I was at the level when I was using DTecs. Now I'm much higher than I could achieve with DTecs.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 11:03 
Super User

Guys above have told you everything allready.... yes, p1-r is slower and a grippier than d.tecs, so it's a bit easier to control short no-spin balls... problem is that a change will affect all the other things you like on d.tecs ;)
Btw, as lorre said, with 0.5 sponge to me curl has more potential then d.tecs because d.tecs is not grippy if you haven't thick sponge (i've played both for some time).

To me, best option with d.tecs is twiddling against unspinny balls.
D.tecs 0.5 is fantastic if you twiddle because you produce the spin on the ball with inverted and continue and work on it with lp; pushes expecially become very dangerous because you produce slow spinny bals with inverted and fast unspinny with lp. Quite funny to play...

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)