OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 01:49 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
Red wrote:
I can say that they are illegal since I know how a standard CK531A behaves, and these 'special' ones would fail the minimum 25nm resistance test, the ball would slip on it without problems, even Butterfly SuperAnti does provide more resistance. If necessary I'd buy a new CK531A again just to be able to compare them.

and?
that minimum 25nm was done in laboratory settings (ur ball test on pip isnt the same, isnt correct)
u can say u know how ck531a behave and opponent can say i use different strokes so i get different results....

i had the same problem, many of my opponents were using dawei 388d-1 large version which is illegal
i spoke with head coach our state/provincial and he told me that all referee are doing the same:
-they check logo on rubber/pip and compare it to approved list on ittf site
-they check if rubber/pip have ittf logo stamp on rubber/pip
-they check if pip have all pips

-they check if rubber thickness isnt above 4mm

so referees allows to play with dawei 388D-1 large version even if all players complain

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
388D-1 usually isn't friction-less and they're about as illegal as those different CJ8000 ABC sheets, albeit on pips-out it is way more obvious. Referees here are more sensible on illegal frictionless pips and especially the CK531A is well-known to be available in legal and illegal versions, they take complains quite seriously; in comparison they're quite tolerant on services which have to be very wrong before someone makes a claim.
The point with special CK531A is that it's a modified, cooked, pimple which makes it absolutely illegal, unlike the Alligator Soft or those banned Dr. Neubauer pips.

Add: I consider those 388D-1 'long' versions from ttnpp illegal as well, they're cooked and modified afterwards for sure. I also would protest against the pips from that push-blocker Marcin. So, I'll try to have standard CK531A and 388D-1 at hand when protesting.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 10:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think some the variation may simply be quality control. A lot of Chinese manufacturer don't have a dedicated factory, but make their equipment in multiple factories. No doubt some of it may be illegal (the cheaper the higher the chance), but (as some have said already) unless a referee has calibrated measuring equipment, they can't really make that decision, unless the changed properties are obvious.