OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2017, 01:30 

Blade: Kazak DS
FH: Rasanter R48 (2.0) red
BH: Grass D.TecS (0.5) black
New Nittaku Super Do Knukkle. Someone has already used?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 16:23 

so can i use that serve?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 04:21 
Super User

I've had experience with a few LPs but back then I didn't really try to attack with them.

I'm currently using Palio ck531a on a 1.0 sponge. It's a pretty popular rubber and the best attacking player I've ever seen, Wang Qiu Yi uses it with inverted for her RPB & serves.

I did with with a buddy's Tibhar Grass Dtecs on a probably .6 sponge once and it felt easier to attack with that. I can confirm that the pips on the Dtecs were definitely a little shorter. I figured that was why they seemed easier to attack with them. None the less, I didn't get enough time on them.

To keep things consistent. I'll probably just stick with ck531a for a while unless I want to give the famous 729 755 a while. I hear that's a popular one for attacking. We'll see.

Here is a match of me playing about a month ago. my red side is the LP Palio ck531a. The black is 802-40 short pips.

It doesn't really translate on video as much but i find the players must be seeing some wobble as they miss & make a lot of errors vs attacking shots. One of my favorite points is to clearly show I'm serving heavy backspin short, they push, I twiddle and LP swipe the ball to the open court which comes to them as a weird slightly topsin ball.

Conversly, sometimes I will try to hide the paddle during the toss but sell the backspin motion as i contact the ball. Problem is that I'm doing it with LPs. If they don't catch that I contacted it with the red vs the black and they try to push that ball? It's a high pop-up and you get the 3rd ball.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!