OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 May 2017, 09:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 03:09 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Re-impact Smart
FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm
BH: Dr.Neubauer Viper OX
I've been playing with the Dr. Neubauer Viper OX since June and am thrilled with it, but my one issue is that for a long pips rubber at this price point, it's not durable: after a few months, pips start falling out. Does anyone have any suggestions for pips that are similar to the Viper (something good for controlled at-the-table blocking and attacking, with occasional chopping) but with greater durability? Thanks.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 08:17 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Primorac OFF-
FH: Sriver L Max
BH: GRASS D.TecS 0.5
Grass Dtecs

Read my blog: "LordCope's Latest Learnings Log": http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=24452

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 08:42 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

LordCope wrote:
Grass Dtecs

Yeah, that's a possibility, but I prefer the slower speed of Viper. Was considering Hellfire also. Has anyone here used both Hellfire and Viper?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 08:49 
Super User

Bomb Talent OX. Good all-round LP, fairly cheap, slow and very durable too. :up:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 08:58 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

TTbuddy wrote:
Bomb Talent OX. Good all-round LP, fairly cheap, slow and very durable too. :up:

Used that years ago, but since my game has changed and improved a lot since then, no sense anymore of what I'd think of it now.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 09:44 
Super User

BT is a little gem for my level ;) Hence my suggestion. Good luck with finding a more durable replacement for Viper.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 15:54 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Tsp curl P3 Alpha

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Geddk on 24 Jan 2017, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017, 17:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This stuff any good? :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 84278.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 02:44 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

iskandar taib wrote:

Here's what the packaging (which you can see here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2-Pcs-Lot-THREE-SWORD-ZEUS-PIMPLES-LONG-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Without-Sponge-Topsheet-OX-Pips/1019735_32476420041.html) says:

"After strict integration measurement, we use a lot of foam, film and finally set this rubber with punchy rotation and ultra-high speed through repeated constantly debugging. The rubber, is mainly for the loop players, its biggest feature is you can easily fight with threat of high-quality in the passive. When active attack, the viscous semi-tower-type rubber brings out stable strong rotation, high tension sponge provides a powerful forward momentum, which likes a bullet fired from the gun barrel, it is enough to breakdown the opponent's defence and makes them a debacle."

I'd pay $5 to make my opponent a debacle, wouldn't you?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: Defplay
FH: Baracuda 1.8mm
BH: Dornenglanz OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Here's what the packaging (which you can see here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2-Pcs-Lot-THREE-SWORD-ZEUS-PIMPLES-LONG-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Without-Sponge-Topsheet-OX-Pips/1019735_32476420041.html) says:

"After strict integration measurement, we use a lot of foam, film and finally set this rubber with punchy rotation and ultra-high speed through repeated constantly debugging. The rubber, is mainly for the loop players, its biggest feature is you can easily fight with threat of high-quality in the passive. When active attack, the viscous semi-tower-type rubber brings out stable strong rotation, high tension sponge provides a powerful forward momentum, which likes a bullet fired from the gun barrel, it is enough to breakdown the opponent's defence and makes them a debacle."

I'd pay $5 to make my opponent a debacle, wouldn't you?

So, it's for players who like to loop with their LP? Awesome.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 02:57 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

pgpg wrote:

My interpretation is different. When they write, "The rubber, is mainly for the loop players, its biggest feature is you can easily fight with threat of high-quality in the passive," I think they mean it's "for [playing AGAINST] loop players," with "its biggest feature" being that "you can easily fight with threat [of loops with] high-quality in the passive [blocks]."

I'm interpreting it like that just because it would make more sense, but who knows what they really mean ....

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 03:05 
Super User

Blade: Defplay
FH: Baracuda 1.8mm
BH: Dornenglanz OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
pgpg wrote:

My interpretation is different. When they write, "The rubber, is mainly for the loop players, its biggest feature is you can easily fight with threat of high-quality in the passive," I think they mean it's "for [playing AGAINST] loop players," with "its biggest feature" being that "you can easily fight with threat [of loops with] high-quality in the passive [blocks]."

I'm interpreting it like that just because it would make more sense, but who knows what they really mean ....

Oh, I agree with you 100% - that's what they likely meant, but then Google translate got in the way, or something like that.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 04:41 
Super User

Blade: DMS Destroyer
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: Transformer 1.5 mm
i suggest hellfire, you will not go wrong there...

i am not sure about its durability though...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 14:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I see this all the time, marking student term papers. It's called "Careless cut and pasting". :lol: Note that the text on the back of the packet (at least on the right side) seems to be referring to something called "Flying Dragon S". And the text above the "Engrish" is Japanese, not Chinese. I wonder if the Japanese isn't as funny.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 15:15 
Super User

Blade: Palio TCT
FH: Palio CJ8000
BH: Kokutaku Tuple 110
I'd like to throw in DHS Cloud&Fog 3, Friendship 755 Mystery and Dawei 388D-1 as an (reasonable cheap) alternative.