OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 17:12 
Super User

Hi guys,

It's the summer, so back to trying some rubbers. I only have 3 rubbers I want to try, all LP in 0.5mm sponge as I have been advised on another post.

I'm going to be keeping my JSH blade, but also trying out the Japan Petr Korbel blade. Another question I have been asked by a fellow LP player is about the new Butterfly Hadrawshield and he wondered if it was similar to the donic defplay senso? Can anyone advise as I didn't know and I said I'd find out!

What I want to know is if you can tell me all of the differences of each of these 3 rubbers in the same sponge thickness. What are the main differences when deciding which rubber to choose from the following? What weaknesses and strengths does each have and what should I consider as the main differences between each of these LP when deciding which to use?

Feint 3 in 0.5
Feint 2 in 0.5
Curl P1R in 0.5

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Rather than me buy all 3 and waste money I'd like advice so I can buy just one and use it for a long time!

Lastly, if I was to up my LP sponge to 1.0mm what difference would this make? As most of the pros use 1.0/1.1mm (Gionis, Filus, Chen etc)

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 17:58 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Time for

Pinjam punya teman (borrowing from a friend)

I seriously stress out that no other better tools to understand rubbers than your own hands. :)

And in most cases,

Thicker sponge rubber means slower bounce and more spin sensitive blade, give and affected by spin more.

Chop and block by concept a shot that made mostly without a forward motion, so rubber penetration depend of incoming ball speed.

And very hard to keep the return short when the opponent drive powerful enough to penetrate thin sponge.

0.5 mm in most cases enough. If your opponent as powerful as Wang Hao, you need thicker sponge.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 20:33 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
Hi guys,

It's the summer, so back to trying some rubbers. I only have 3 rubbers I want to try, all LP in 0.5mm sponge as I have been advised on another post.

I'm going to be keeping my JSH blade, but also trying out the Japan Petr Korbel blade. Another question I have been asked by a fellow LP player is about the new Butterfly Hadrawshield and he wondered if it was similar to the donic defplay senso? Can anyone advise as I didn't know and I said I'd find out!

What I want to know is if you can tell me all of the differences of each of these 3 rubbers in the same sponge thickness. What are the main differences when deciding which rubber to choose from the following? What weaknesses and strengths does each have and what should I consider as the main differences between each of these LP when deciding which to use?

Feint 3 in 0.5
Feint 2 in 0.5
Curl P1R in 0.5

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Rather than me buy all 3 and waste money I'd like advice so I can buy just one and use it for a long time!

Lastly, if I was to up my LP sponge to 1.0mm what difference would this make? As most of the pros use 1.0/1.1mm (Gionis, Filus, Chen etc)

I never used the mentioned rubbers in the given thickness, so bear that in mind. FIII has a buttery soft sponge, P1-R a hard one. I never used FII, so I can't comment on that one. FIII is the grippier one of the two. It'll bottom out sooner than P1-R, but I suspect both will bottom out on hard shots. P1-R relies more on passive reversal, while FIII will rely more on active reversal. But in the mentioned thicknesses both are in the passive reversal end of the continuum.

Thicker sponge = more spin manipulating options/spin sensitive = less funkiness = more working for the point= requires another chopping technique.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 00:13 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Feint 2 should be the most "slippery" out of the 3 if memory serves (although all 3 of those pips would be on the grippier side in the world of LPs). Panagiotis Gionis uses Feint 2. Feint Long 3 is definitely one of the most (if not THE most) grippy LP out there; some have said it's almost like using a grippy SP. Curl P1R is really easy in terms of finding information; a quick Google search will result in a lot of results.

Rating: Recreational Player