OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 01:22 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
my first video:

on you tube look at "table tennis attacking with long pimples". You can see the player is showing 3 LP and counterhit against topspin and backspin. It is an advance player as we can see him with real good backhand swing stroke.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 02:56 

well its much easier to attack with the long pimps that has more sponge.

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 03:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
benc6190 wrote:
well its much easier to attack with the long pimps that has more sponge.

I would say it's easier to attack topspin and no-spin with sponged LPs. It's far easier to attack backspin with OX or thin sponge because the reversal allows you to borrow the under to form topspin on the attack, thus making your hit safer to land.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 06:30 

Blade: joo sae hyuk
FH: omega 5 tour 2mm
BH: cloud and fog 3 1mm
maddrag i only tried cf3 for like 24 hrs total play time, i was going to keep at it. what changed my mind was the advice i got from a coach. I can block heavy top and fast drives easily with the p4, countering not as consistent. It could be my technique but i rely on placement because my shots attacking back and top are generally very slow with p4. That was one of the reasons i tried the cf3.

Do you think i should stick with the cf3 and grind it out until i can master it?
I am moving back to Canada so i got lots of time to practice.

I play in div1 in uk my team just got promoted to premier league. Against more aggressive players i seem to do quite well but against less able opponents is where i struggle. So thats the reason i want to be more aggressive and try actively to win points. In matches quite often i would beat their number 1 and 2 but lose to their no 3, where as my team mates will beat their number 3 and lose to the others.

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 06:55 
Super User

The video was for josean as he use 1.0 c&f III pimples.

I understand your problems as it seems a very common problem when you play against slower player as you have to make the move and originating PIPs stroke is not so easy. You have to practice it.

One of my friend is a push blocker. When he meet slow motion guy or lower ranked he gets angry as he can't just block and push these slow balls. His rythim is F***. There is nothing to block. He need to learn to attack. Look at Panagiotis. Against lower ranked he's standing more at the table and just attck almost and when he play the chinese he found himself 5 to 10 feet defending and hope to get slower ball to his forehand so he can do fishing and looping.

For the decision of what to play with, take a piece of paper and write down a note of appreciation ( 1 to 10) of your strokes. Then what style of player you are. And see if your favorite trokes goes well with the style.

Last year I got a problem. Very good forehand loops with good block on forehand too. Good far from th table with the bh Pimples. I was always between 2 decisions. Play near the table and attack. My pimples near the table was to unstabilise my opponent to attack or far from the table and defense. Then the result was that I have to have a more all around pimples with good underspin if i do heavy chop. I went to the Mp for a bit but have to put it aside as I was playing tournament. I then found the C&F III that seems to fill all my requirement. WE will see.

Gave me your nore on all your stroke and your style and let see if it fits.
:lol: :rofl:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 07:42 

Blade: joo sae hyuk
FH: omega 5 tour 2mm
BH: cloud and fog 3 1mm
I played penhold for 18 years short pip fh and inverted backhand. Changed to shakehand modern def about 2 years ago. I like to play away from table but alot of the time i end up playing a close to table game. Probably due to poor footwork or anticipation i seem to get stuck in a bad spot thats neither close or far from table. Thats the spot where alot of my problems start with cf3 i think in time i can control it. When i do return it the balls are alot more dangerous its just with the p4 my return% is alot higher but less dangerous. My trian of thought has always been if i can get it back over i got a chance of winning even if its a weak return

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 10:26 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
joesan wrote:
I played penhold for 18 years short pip fh and inverted backhand. Changed to shakehand modern def about 2 years ago. I like to play away from table but alot of the time i end up playing a close to table game. Probably due to poor footwork or anticipation i seem to get stuck in a bad spot thats neither close or far from table. Thats the spot where alot of my problems start with cf3 i think in time i can control it. When i do return it the balls are alot more dangerous its just with the p4 my return% is alot higher but less dangerous. My trian of thought has always been if i can get it back over i got a chance of winning even if its a weak return

This sounds familiar :) - 'I want to play chopping game but am stuck at the table somehow'. What I found at least in my case it's mostly due to two factors: what my opponent is doing and what I am doing (duh!).

Some opponents don't loop, period. Either because they can not, or they think they can beat you at soft/close to the table game, because you will make more mistakes than them, so why bother with looping. Don't have antidote for that case yet - you just have to be more consistent, since you are a defender here.

In addition to that - what you do kind of matters too: what you serve, where you stand (on receive you can actually stand further back than you think), how you return, and where/when do you move after that. If you don't give them balls that invite mild attack AND you don't move to a spot that enables chopping, then you either are stuck at the table in a pushing match, or have no time to react to attack that eventually comes back. It's tough...

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 14:23 
Super User

ok, Joesan I.m.o you're still having the 18th years behavior of short pip FH and inverted BH. With you short pips you play usualy at the table. Inverted BH to counter,block and push.

With a partner You have to practice to go out of the table and come back to the table. the drill is predetermine of when you go to the table and when you go back. Meaning A=2 ball topspin chopped by B far from the table than 2 push by A anwered with a push. Instead of pushing you can attack the push with a bump, a counter a smash. Then A retopspin the push and we return to the first step.

( watch slow motion of panagiotis going in and out, Don't look at the game. Look his position and footwork. )

Then when you feel more at ease to do that, get the same drill but at random. The defender has to guest what the attacker stroke will be and act with the appropriate move and stroke.

Don't forget that a high push return, a weak return a high chop or a too short chop will be kill by opponant. Pratice a good push and good chop so the opponent can't kill the ball and the attacker can just push back or just slow loop the ball to asnwer your shot than you are on the way of having more time to move and feel more in control of the game. You can play a game just on these stroke and nothing else and just forehand to backhand.

After that you will start to feel more confident. This drill is usually difficult for both player if their ranking are similar. ( look at panagiotis and see went he started to step back or coming back to the table by looking his opponent move)

Tell me how it went.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 14:38 
Super User

pgpg,

The way to solve your problem of finding yourself to play push push.... depend of your rubbers and the stroke you can perform.

1- You should be able to loop their ball or drive it if they play short and float.(FH) Or do a bump or a roll (BH) but the idea is that the ball can't just be push or they will be punish. If they just pushing to your backhand then learn to twiddle your bat or put youself much more to your backhand corner to loop crosscourt. Funny some opponent will still try to pin you with your Bh but they have almost no place to hit so they will hit outside the table.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!