OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Dr N Gangster
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 03:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
All my pips are still intact after months of use. Maybe it depends on how much of a hitter you are. I've used rubbers for years without broken pips.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 05:02 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
mynamenotbob wrote:
All my pips are still intact after months of use. Maybe it depends on how much of a hitter you are. I've used rubbers for years without broken pips.

Also how well you take care of your rubber will dictate how long those pips stay intact.

A couple people in my club that are pips players (who also use Dr. N and Gangster), will casually/lightly place/throw their paddle (pips side down) on the table between games, have all replaced their rubber in the time I've had my rubber due to broken pips. We call one of our guys, "Butters" cause he constantly drops his paddle and is always breaking pips.

III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 02:28 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Yeah, it's not as bad as the Dr. N Viper, where I sometimes started losing pips after as little as a month or two, but it does start to lose pips after awhile. It's annoying because a new sheet is not only expensive but also needs a week or so to be broken in and get sufficiently soft that I can play my best game with it. But, as of now, I don't know of a better long pips blocking rubber.

Yes and yes. The Viper was bad but I didn't like it anyway so I only used it for a month or two. As for caring for my pips...the 33£ price tag ensures that I am pretty careful with it. I do hit a bit with it but not enough to justify such flimsiness. I'm sure I hit as much with my DTecs and over the years I can't remember losing a single pip on them. Ironically, I used Dornenglanz for six or so months awhile back and never lost a pip! Thinking about Stahlkraft now but think it's too big of a change to make mid-season. Realistically, it's back to DTecs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!