OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 03:50 
Super User

Hi All,
I'm looking for a replacement for Meteor 8512 long pimple ox.
(I've seen the 'Reccomendation for controlled LP for chopping' thread but that is more concerned with p1r)
I'm not looking for a rubber for blocking, nor any disruption, but one that gives a high level of control when chopping against topspin away from the table and one which will return with a high amount of backspin.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 04:19 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
As I mentioned in that other thread, the Spinlord Agenda OX is great for controlled chopping. I don't know if the backspin is the absolute highest of any rubber I've tried, but it's certainly sufficient to keep the ball low and force loopers to loop (and not smash).

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 04:36 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
For pure chopping and control, my two favourites are FL3 and National Pogo (with at least 1.3mm sponge). However, both are responsive to spin (FL3 especially so), so you need to be good at reading and adapting to spin on your BH, especially on service return.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 20:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Dawei 388 D is cheap and very good for safe chopping. A tad faster than Meteor though, but very forgiving and it gives back more back spin on chops.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 22:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Def-attack wrote:
Dawei 388 D is cheap and very good for safe chopping. A tad faster than Meteor though, but very forgiving and it gives back more back spin on chops.

I'd agree with this,also less spin sensitive than 8512 with the bonus of more reversal on both passive and active play,works well on Stiga allround

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 23:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
If you really only want to chop, then whichever LP you get should have sponge under it. The thicker the sponge though, the less controllable to LP, especially for other shots you might be forced into...or chops where there is no spin on the ball. Good to start with 0.5mm and graduate to thicker when you feel you have good control. I'd agree with 388D being a good one to start at. DHS C8 would be ok too.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.