OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 06:16 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
Hi guys,

As your probarly thinking, I'm new to LP's. Previously, when using inverted, and around 6 months I'd renew my rubbers, because of the loss of spin in the rubber. Does the same go with long pimples? I know that the sponge probarly has an impact ( mines 1mm) and other things like type. Also, what kind of signs are noticeable, like with inverted you feel less power and spin in your shot,

Thanks!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 11:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I used to think pips lasted practically forever, but I've been disabused of that notion by posters here. Apparently cracks develop at the base of the pips, and way before the pips start to fall out the rubber becomes inconsistent and unpredictable. Some supposedly don't last as long as inverted, even.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 13:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
It depends on how they're mounted and how hard you play with them. Glue sheets tend to hold LPs firmly and provide little squirm when hit hard, so they tend to be harder on LPs. And, of course, the harder you rip your chops or LP topspins, the more wear and tear you'll put on the sheet. Check LPs under a strong light while pulling the pips in the opposite direction of ball contact.. any cracks at the pip bases mean your LP sheet is producing inconsistent results and should be replaced. I've trashed dozens of seemingly good-looking LPs that were partially severed at the pip bases.. that's why inexpensive LPs like 755 are attractive.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 02:26 
Super User

as with all rubbers, LP's lose grip over time. Some people love the less grippy rubber as it provides more "disturbances". I even know one guy who never cleans his SP. I find my control goes haywire when my LP starts to lose grip so I change mine every 3-4 months.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 03:09 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
As people said it depends.

One thing not mentioned...certain LPs are known for falling apart easily either because of their quality or their design. Spinlord Dornenglanz falls apart rather early, but because if it's quality, users tolerate the short lifespan. I have had some sheets lose pips in the first 3 weeks, and some last for months.

TSP pips like P4 last a long time. I would probably change P4 every year. My P-1 lasted about 2 years. The longer you wait, the more different the new version will be. I never used to clean P-1R, but then found that the grip was more consistent if I did that, and I would clean it once every couple months...just to get some grip back. Distilled water on a sponge that doesn't flake, nathanso has a real involved method as well...I never went to that much detail because I'm not an LP hitter like he is.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 03:47 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
I actually have a very simple rule I follow.

I replace FH rubber (Tenergy 05 in my case) every 3 months. I replace pips side every 6 months.
So when my "second" FH rubber needs to be replaced I also replace pips. Then repeat the cycle.

Not saying everyone should do this, but in my particular case, with my schedule, etc. this schedule has been working very well for me.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 04:22 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
I hope you guys don't mind, because I guess what I'm about to do is hijacking the thread, but I have the same question as the OP, the difference being that I want to know about short pimples :?: Sorry to the OP :sweat:

Rating: Recreational Player

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!